• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game would you choose to represent 4 years of Playstation 5?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The Horizon series is exemplary of Playstation gaming.

First two years of PS5:

71wTvltPQ7L.jpg
71q49Mmf-NL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Third and fourth year of PS5:

XpIDa8x.jpeg
lego-horizon-adventures-ps5.jpg
v2aep10bon391.png

Bonus screenshot:

567005c17f6e15f3023185e39eed6b92.jpg

Last edited:

yurinka

1. Helldivers 2
  2. God of War Ragnarok
  3. Returnal
  4. Astro Bot
  5. Spider-Man 2
  6. Horizon Forbidden West
  7. Ratchet Rift Apart
  8. Gran Turismo 7
  9. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  10. Demon's Souls

Markio128

Gold Member
  1. Helldivers 2
  2. God of War Ragnarok
  3. Returnal
  4. Astro Bot
  5. Spider-Man 2
  6. Horizon Forbidden West
  7. Ratchet Rift Apart
  8. Gran Turismo 7
  9. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  10. Demon's Souls
Let’s be honest, that’s a pretty solid top 10.

But if I had to choose just one game, it’d have to be GT7. It’s the game that keeps on giving, and the franchise that has had a place on every PS console.

ANIMAL1975

Which game would you choose to represent 4 years of Playstation 5? Also which one would you choose to define PS 30 years?

I will go with
PS5 - Stellar Blade (I know, I know)
PS30 years - God of War III

Ofc I am heavily biased and you gotta choose one. I had to put my love of FF, Metal Gear and Devil May Cry on Ice for this one.

God of War III was sony's ray of hope in its darkest hour and it sold TVs, sold so many goddamn version practically pulled sony back in game, then uncharted and Tlou did the job that PS3 outsold Xbox.

Stellar Blade to me represents a vision that modern gaming should follow, New IP, looks great, doesn't care about politics and cultural war, is not coated with Ray Tracing Blur, is action driven. It's definitely not a big hit but It's not a remake or a sequal or remaster or a director's cut or 720p fsr2 mess. All the big Ips we celebrate were once small too and the reason this game now sits on low meta is because of the whole 'modern audience and critics thing'. (Returnal gets a shoutout)

PS5 _ The Last of Horizon Zero Down Remake of the Remaster Definitive Edition

30 years PlayStation _ Killzone 2 Mofos Edition MoFos!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Playstation's a bit of a weird "dynasty" to personify.

Its not like they were "themselves" straight out of the gate like Nintendo or Sega. They got big largely on third-party support, and didn't really start to create a self-identity until a good way into the PS2 era. And even then it was comparatively late on in PS3/360 era that they had enough self-owned IP selling really well before they built anything resembling a reputation.

Aloy, even though I'm not really a fan of the character, kinda works for me as its like the median point of where they are currently at.

SenkiDala

Damn, is there anyone straight in PlayStation 1st parties ?

I'm all in for inclusion, even as a straight man I love gay movies/shows, when they're well written like Brokeback Mountain or The L Word (well not the sequel), but man, in PS games EVERYONE is gay or trans or non binary... That's becoming ridiculous. I MEAN THEY EVEN MADE PS4 LGBT THEMES AND AVATARS... That's pushing a bit imo.

Ah and about the thread : ... Shit I find nothing representing the PS5 since all 1st parties or so are on PS4 also. Honestly there's none, and that's what is sad. For XSX I'd say Starfield (you can laugh though) but for PS5 I see nothing... Didn't like returnal, demon's souls is a remake, AstroBot is a soulless ad for PlayStation...

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I think the Yakuza series should also be in the running for representing PlayStation. Just fun. Something a lot of games aren’t right now.

MikeM

Gold Member
Astro Bot is probably the game that should be there. The day 1 free game is a tour de force then what recently came out is obviously also fantastic.

If Sony had the choice though, probably TLOU remastered.

Top Bottom