• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is your favourite anime series/movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Cowboy Bebop - why is there hate for this now? Because it's popular and some of mainstream North America actually knows what it is? It's a DAMN good series. Probably my favourite ever.

For movies I'll go with Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

laputa.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Chrono said:
Another question :p

How's Azumanga Daioh? It's listed as shouji in the ANN encyclopedia.. and it's about highschool girls.. in highschool. And yet everybody is crazy about it. -__-

There are lots of things listed as Shoujo that aren't shoujo...

Azumanga daioh would be one of those mis-labeled shows.

AniHawk

Series: Cowboy Bebop
Movie: Princess Mononoke

Honorable Mention:

Spirited Away
Serial Experiments Lain
Trigun
FLCL
Hellsing
Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Spike

The Shadow said:
Porco Rosso <---Can't wait for the english voiced DVD release later this year.

It looks like you'll be waiting for quite a while, as Disney has indefinitely delayed the release of this and the other movies they were going to release in late August.

Spike said:
It looks like you'll be waiting for quite a while, as Disney has indefinitely delayed the release of this and the other movies they were going to release in late August.

Damn, I was really looking forward to getting My Neighbor Totoro and Porco Rosso too. :(

jiggle

Farore said:
Sadly... I don't think they will... the manga finished long time ago and they'll concentrate in the Tenkai-Hen Saga...

This is just a movie though right?
Glad to see Seiya survies Hades though.

It only took them over 10 years to finally do Hades, I would so wait another 10, if i have to, to see the second half:)

Bishman

Alucard said:
Cowboy Bebop - why is there hate for this now? Because it's popular and some of mainstream North America actually knows what it is? It's a DAMN good series. Probably my favourite ever.

Very true. My friends who aren't really into anime, just love Cowboy Bebop. The series is just that good. I love it.

Meier

1. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances)
2. Berserk
3. Hajime no Ippo
4. RahXephon
5. Now and Then, Here and There

Cloudy

Banned
Bebop was one of the first anime shows I saw and I thought it was trash. In fact, if not for Escaflowne, I might not be an anime fan right now :D

lordmrw

Alucard said:

Not that I hate Bebop or anything, its just I felt it would have been so much better if there were a main story rather than a series of "A day in the life of" of episodes. Its probably why I like Outlaw Star better.

Cloudy

Banned
lordmrw said:
Not that I hate Bebop or anything, its just I felt it would have been so much better if there were a main story rather than a series of "A day in the life of" of episodes.

Exactly. Villian of the week crap doesn't work well with shows that are supposed to be taken seriously IMO. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the characters are kiddy-pool shallow too :p

I did enjoy the movie though....

Xkiko

Scryed - First anime that I saw and trust me it's good otherwise I wouldn't be watching anime nowdays.
Naruto - Naruto simply is a great anime.
Cowboy Bebop - Some like it some don't, but I do.
FLCL - Didn't know a half what was happening while watching FLCL, but I just liked it.
One Piece - No comment.

siege

Banned
I don't watch alot of anime, but from what I have seen...

Spirited Away (one of my overall favorite movies)
Berserk
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
Ninja Scroll
Princess Mononoke

Flynn

Cowboy Bebop: It's not just amazing anime; it's amazing television.
The complete works of Hayao Miyazaki: All Flawless.

Sagitario

jiggle said:
This is just a movie though right?
Glad to see Seiya survies Hades though.

It only took them over 10 years to finally do Hades, I would so wait another 10, if i have to, to see the second half:)

Well, this is not "just a movie" (like the other ones that are like side-stories). The movie is called "Tenkai-Hen Overture"... is the beginning/intruduction of the new and last Saint Seiya saga, the movie doesn't really have an ending.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist (damn this shitty computer's busted ass DVD drive...I'm still stuck on episode 21 :()
The Works of Hayao Miyazaki (especially Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle of Cagliostro, Laputa, and Spirited Away)
FLCL
Serial Experiments Lain

There's probably more, but I'm in a rush and can't think right now. Samurai Champloo is well on its way to being added to this list too, though.

I went ahead and purchased Vol 1 of Azumanga Daioh a few weeks ago (i never even saw it mentioned on GA before today) and am enjoying it thus far. Trouble is, i feel like something is getting lost in the translation, like i should be laughing out loud instead of merely smiling/smirking. I've only gone thru the first 3 eps, maybe it just starts out slow?

LOVE the cat! Please tell me he's featured more in future eps.

Cloudy

Banned
Luscious LeftFoot said:
All this time I thought Azumanga Daioh was 130 episodes instead of 26.

Seems I've been missing out on something special...

It's 130 five minute eps. But every 5 or 6 are related so it's not like it's some kind of ADD anime lol

Trouble is, i feel like something is getting lost in the translation, like i should be laughing out loud instead of merely smiling/smirking. I've only gone thru the first 3 eps, maybe it just starts out slow?

It just starts slow. I remember watching only 3 eps on fansub and trashing it on the old forum but now it's one of my faves :p There are a lot of LOL moments for me but even besides that, I really like all the characters :)

In no particular order:

Ranma 1/2
Macross
Macross Plus
Giant Robo
Evangelion
Vision of Escaflowne
Laputa
Grave of the Fireflies
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Dragon Half
Record of Lodoss Wars
GTO
Ninja Scroll
Ninja Resurrection
Rurouni Kenshin
3x3 Eyes
Battle Angel Alita
Blue Submarine No. 6
Cowboy Bebop
You're Under Arrest
Ah! My Goddess
His & Her's Circumstances
Astro Boy
Mononoke Hime
Castle of Cagliostro
Beserk

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Kimagure Orange Road
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Marmalade Boy
Maison Ikkoku
Sakura Diaries (even though it has the worst "ending" ever)
All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (First OVA series & TV - DASH! fucking sucks)
Dragon Half

I've got the last third of Utena to watch next weekend... I'm thinking that will definitely end up on this list. So fucking good.

I need to watch Saikano, Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon, and the rest of Marmalade Boy soon here.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I've got the last third of Utena to watch next weekend... I'm thinking that will definitely end up on this list. So fucking good.
Hah, already loving it and only 2/3 done? Just wait until the last 6. ;)

Mugen

Banned
I keep hearing about that series, Kimugare Orange Road. I already dled the manga after friends keep telling me how good it is and I just found out that there's also an anime version. But basing on the character design, it just isn't very appealing unlike say... Love Hina. The artstyle is way too old school for me if you get my drift but if it really is that good, then I'll dl a few eps of the anime and buy it basing on that but right now, I have yet to be convinced. And no, I haven't read the manga yet.

nice to know about Eien (The Eternity You Wish For) being mentioned. I saw up to 6th episode and decided to stop since it's too good. ^_^ I really liked what I've seen from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom