• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Dax01 said:
Can someone summarize for me? 101 pages is too much to read through.

Basically he made up some far out story about his girlfriend having gone missing and possibly being raped and murdered and hid in the woods. GAF urges him to call the goddamn cops, but OP thinks he needs to 'ly dow'. Story gets less and less believable, before OP is eventually banned.

PossumGAF was fucking amazing too, even though OP there didn't get banned or anything like that

NGAMER9

winter said:
Blame Space was a juvenile homophobic brat.

I kind of hope he was banned for this post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27638452&postcount=330 but he managed to survive for a couple weeks after making it (maybe because he edited it).
I believe that was a reference to Tyler the Creator's lyrics. Maybe not very well-played, but a reference.

Blame Space was one of my favorite posters, hope it wasn't permanent. Where else will I get hilarious comments delivered in all lower-case lettering?

Dax01 said:
Guys posts on GAF claiming that he hasn't heard from his girlfriend or her sister in some time.
He posts back later saying their car was found outside of town with the windows busted out, and he still can't get in contact with her.
He says he needs "to go ly dow,"
Long period where things seem off, like nothing on his local news sites.
Detective GAF
Truth comes out after seeing myspace/social networking pages.
Banned.
Movie poster.

I remember I actually bookmarked his local news' sites when I was lurking to just keep checking over the course of the week following the thread. Nothing ever showed up.

Dax01 said:
Summaries will NEVER, EVER do it justice. When you're bored one day, just take the time out and just sit through and read everything. It's a roller coaster ride of epic porportions.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Indeed.

I'm glad I was "live" for the JBaird thread.

I guess it's like the OT's version of the Konami conference.

User 7575

Banned
I'm pretty sure back when I was like, 13 or something, MrAngryFace made a thread and I responded to it, but then I changed my avatar to his avatar and we had a whole discussion that threw some people off. I think I got banned for that one; probably my best moment.

I think it was called "BEING A POOP TROOP ISN'T EASY," but I can't find the thread. It was about Dragon Warriors or something.

Kevtones

Olimario due to his exit thread(s) and for the fact he sold naked pictures of his girlfriend for a PSP-1000 model.

JBaird was pretty epic.

MaestroRyan said:
I'm pretty sure back when I was like, 13 or something, MrAngryFace made a thread and I responded to it, but then I changed my avatar to his avatar and we had a whole discussion that threw some people off. I think I got banned for that one; probably my best moment.

I think it was called "BEING A POOP TROOP ISN'T EASY," but I can't find the thread. It was about Dragon Warriors or something.

A lot of us have gotten temp banned one time or another. I remember I was acting like an absolute ass in an old thread talking about taking peanut butter out of schools. Not one of my most proud moments.

User 7575

Banned
Solstice said:
A lot of us have gotten temp banned one time or another. I remember I was acting like an absolute ass in an old thread talking about taking peanut butter out of schools. Not one of my most proud moments.

Oh, no, I'm not embarrassed about it. I still think it was a semi-clever move for my 13 year-old self. Since then, I've been banned for: Describing my own race, predicting the plot of LOST, making bullshit threads, not being funny, whining, etc.

I have no idea what his forum name was, but I do remember a guy that posted a thread or reply in a thread with a bunch of MGS spoilers. Does anyone remember this guy and/or have a link to that post? I'd love to read that again. One of my favorite GAF memories.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
MaestroRyan said:
Oh, no, I'm not embarrassed about it. I still think it was a semi-clever move for my 13 year-old self. Since then, I've been banned for: Describing my own race, predicting the plot of LOST, making bullshit threads, not being funny, whining, etc.

How can you predict something that doesn't exist?
I have never watched LOST

Xeke

Banned
Solstice said:

I've had at least 3 month long bans.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Red Blaster said:
Hitokage has a nice summary from a thread in 2007

And here's the legendary final post:
The final sign off of "-FoxSpiritShadow" actually made me start laughing.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
MaestroRyan said:
how can everyone find these threads, but I can't find MAFs?
MAF's banishment was one of those special cases where all his posts and threads were also deleted (hidden?) from the forum. At least they were up until recently.

Haha RIP Blamespace, always laughed at his avatar. Jhfhkygjkjj I would have expected a way to go out like that.

Free "Ilikefeet" , that guy was hilarious and random, how did he get banned?

User 7575

Banned
Jinfash said:
MAF's banishment was one of those special cases where all his posts and threads were also deleted (hidden?) from the forum. At least they were up until recently.

why did he get banished?

FLEABttn

Banned
Zeliard said:
I'm just saying that it seemed he simply wanted out and ultimately used the DKC thing as a way to do it.

I know, I'm just saying he was guilty of the same shit he railed on. And him thinking that that other forum was an improvement just shows you where his head was.

Nowhere.

User 7575

Banned
spiderman123 said:
I've always wondered about bjork and Kryptonian?

Kryptonian got banned?

edit: hm. that seemed out of character, but he was pushing it to the limit before he left. too bad. we all make mistakes, hopefully he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom