• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which version of Def Jams:FFNY should I get?

AssMan

Banned
I have a PS2 and GCN. All I'm looking for is the one with the better controls and graphics. I'm guessing that the PS2 and GCN version will be similiar in graphics. Also, which version was better in the first one?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I've heard that for some reason, the Gamecube version looks worse than the PS2 version. Thats just what I've been hearing, I haven't tried it out for myself.

AssMan

Banned
Shit. I have a feeling my PS2 controller will go down the shit hole after playing this game. My R1 button is already starting to feel "loose" after playing Ace Combat 4 20 million times. Guess I'll wait for IGN's review.

Fifty

One is a single player stylish platformer, the other a 1-4 player fighting game that involves smashing rappers' faces in. Which sounds better to you?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Fifty said:
One is a single player stylish platformer, the other a 1-4 player fighting game that involves smashing rappers' faces in. Which sounds better to you?

One has Danny Trejo, the other doesn't. Thus, buy Def Jam.

Vargas

Do the songs actually have the vocals this time around?

I was also planning to get the GC versions since I own three controllers but I am getting the Xbox rev now. I will just have to find the cash to buy two more controllers.

ge-man

warpig said in another thread that the GC version is definately the last version to consider. Go with the PS2 version unless the controller thing is really bothering you.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Megafoo Chavez said:
i want this game, should i expect it in stores tomorrow or tuesday?

Tuesday.

eshwaaz

Megafoo Chavez said:
i want this game, should i expect it in stores tomorrow or tuesday?

Actually, my EB called me today and said they've have it tomorrow night, so you may want to give them a call.

WarPig

Don't get the GameCube version if you don't have to. My reckoning of its failings...

- One character voice option instead of five or six
- Eight missing music tracks (20 instead of 28)
- Framerate skips occasionally (nothing to moan about, but it's there)
- Wretched tattoo texture detail

And that's just the stuff I noticed, not the results of any painstaking comparison. Xbox is the best 'cuz of the load/save times, PS2 is just behind.

To whoever asked about vocals in the songs, yes, they have 'em, but the tunes in gameplay generally have the vocals mixed down pretty low, or parts of 'em edited out. I actually like it that way, the music is less repetitive/distracting.

DFS.

Fatalah

All I have is a GC! I thought Dolphin was gonna be a texture KING! Nooo!

Should I buy this or

NBA LIVE 2004

or

NBA STREET 3

WarPig

It's still a lot of fun on the Cube. The controls I had no beef with, and the stuff it's missing isn't what I'd call crucial. It's a bummer, but it's not life-threatening.

DFS.

Ronin

Neversoft can fit 80 songs, voice acting, and all the FMV on GCN disc for THUG, but EA can't get 28 songs and a handful of voices?

WarPig

Ronin said:
Neversoft can fit 80 songs, voice acting, and all the FMV on GCN disc for THUG, but EA can't get 28 songs and a handful of voices?

Well, consider that Def Jam is throwing in a much more detailed character editor, multiple mixes of each song, and all the dialogue for the main character in the entire game with each of those voice sets. It probably adds up.

DFS.

WarPig

AssMan said:
All I'm worried about is my R1 button. Are there a lot of button mashing for the R1 in this game?

R1's the block button, so yeah, you will wind up relying on that a lot, especially if you get into countering a lot, which requires quick timing on that button.

DFS.

Top Bottom