• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I get gaming PC?

Jesb

It’s not the most economical option. But I’d take playing on GFN over a ps5 or Xbox and it’s not expensive with a shield tv device.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't you buy stuff split in 10x or more on credit card? I am still paying for my quest 2 split in 10.

Before I bought my Steam Deck split in 10x, my RTX 3080 too, etc...
Nope, never, I like to pay for all my stuff at once so I don't have to worry about it.

But still, you could be paying something split but still don't go into debt, no? I dunno, it's just that that SNL video makes me think it's something normal over there or something.

Sorry to derail the thread btw. Just hope OP's manages to get a cool gaming PC without ending sunk in debt. :goog_relieved:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Only thing that sucks about PC gaming is I'm already on a PC all fucking day. Often times the same PC.

I've been leaning to consoles more recently because of this. (yes I know you can hook it to a TV. I've got a big tower)

It took me a while to get in to PC Gaming, but I have definitely come to the conclusion that it's worth it and I would absolutely recommend it to anybody. The higher frame rates on so many games is really nice and it's really nice to be able to change the settings to your liking. The list of games is a lot bigger too and there's a lot of indie releases that don't make it to console, or take a while to get ported over.

The Steam sales are really good too, especially during their bigger sales.

SScorpio

I'm baffled. Is it so common for people to have credit card debt?
Sadly yes, but this is also common over places as well. It's just people wanting crap they can't afford.

Isn’t the norm in America that if you don’t have debt, it’s harder to get credit when you need it?
No, you need a credit history. But you can use credit cards that you pay off every month. This builds the history and will help you get loans.

Having a mortgage or renting an apartment/condo/house also help. Having a cell phone bill helps, etc.

IMO it's best to use a credit card over a debit card. If there's a hack or other problem, your money can be locked up until the issue is resolved. Someone changed $5,000 to your account? Guess you're not making rent this month. With a credit card it's the bank's money that's held up. It just lowers your available credit until resolved.

Top Bottom