• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

I was born in Jacksonville. Then my family moved to a small house on Adams St. in Hollywood (attended Colbert Elementary) until '87. We then moved to Port St. Lucie and For Pierce over the next few years. I then moved up to Tennessee and have been here ever since.

FloatOn

Orlando here also.

OrlandoGAF should have an Oblivion taproom night. It is my new favorite place to drink. Damn good food too.

Nakazato

FStop7

Banned
Ex-SoFla GAF here...

Let's go to The Falls or Dadeland and see a movie or go to the drive in at the Swap Shop.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I miss Tallahassee.

I am from Jacksonville. I do not miss Jacksonville.

Food is better in Florida than Colorado or California.

Go Jaguars.

ant1532

Banned
What are the best beaches in Florida?
depends what your looking for really. like right now, spring break is kicking off and party scene beaches in south florida are miami beach (off of lincoln), Fort Lauderdale beach off los olas (its called beach place), and deerfield beach on Hillsboro. North west in florida spring break is Panama beach(which some of my friends are at right now visiting for a week) and that shit looks nuts too. (literally as i was talking to him on the phone he said there was two girls wearing Bitch 1 and Bitch 2 shirts and hats that said Slut and DTF... lol)

Nice and quiet beaches are in Palm Beach where the rich people live.

Keys have really nice beaches but thats the south tip of florida.

Also surfing is pretty much dead south of coco beach

ZeroRay

North Miami Beach represent!

If any of you SoFla GAFers wants to watch Wrestlemania or a Heat playoff game at a bar or something, I'm down.

gwarm01

I'm moving to West Palm Beach in May. Which leads to the next question.. what is the best stuff to do in the area? I already plan to take the TriRail down to Miami for a weekend. I've done deep sea fishing before and really liked that.

I'll probably just ride my bike around a lot, but it would be cool if there was a gaming scene of some sort down there.

DJ88

Miami here. The only place worth living in FL for! JK

We Florida bros need to stick together what with the massive FL hate on GAF.

Tampa native here, and I might move to Sarasota for college. I like Tampa, but I've lived in Florida my entire life and would really like to move to somewhere different(preferably somewhere with proper public transport).

Mordeccai

Gainesville during the school year, Dade City/Zephyrhills during the holidays to visit the family. Born and raised floridian.

I want to get the hell out of this state sometime, though. Weather has been pissing me off lately. We'll have a week of nice weather, then it decides to be bullshit levels of cold in the evenings. Either give me heat, or give me cold, none of this inbetween stuff.

Raised in Miami.

Also, most of SoFla GAF don't live in basements, and have no shame about living with their parents because most do anyways.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Miami here. The only place worth living in FL for! JK

We Florida bros need to stick together what with the massive FL hate on GAF.
I'm a secessionist. South Florida should be its own state and we should get half of Lake Okeechobee (the other half is for Central, and North Florida can join Bammer/Jawgia). Our state is dumb and deserves the mockery.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm in Naples right here for Spring Vacation. I usually live in Sarasota for college, but you know, want to go on the beach and see some cute girls and whatnot. So yeah, if you live in Florida, what city do you live in?

I visit Naples to see my parents once or twice a year. Nice area.

Top Bottom