• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

whoa, what's this? Katamari selling well?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's not selling at all yet. Is this based on pre-orders, or just the hype machine that these companies create? Gamestop has a best-seller wall that also has no relation to true figures.

BuddyC

It's based on the number of orders placed for the game. I don't know all the details, it's likely the # of orders placed within X days instead of lifetime orders, but still. It's good to see.

Rhindle

It's basically only selling at EB and Gamestop though, isn't it? So it's not particularly surprising that it would sell there if that's the only place you can get it.

AniHawk

I asked at my Best Buy today... The wont be getting some in stock until Friday or Saturday. Even then it'll be only 4.

When I checked at the Gamestop near me, they said today (Wednesday) they'll have some copies in. I don't think it has too many people looking for it here since the employee hadn't even heard about the game.

B'z-chan

Banned
And i got laughed at for wanting to preorder this game and so i walked out of the store... well fuck them. They didnt sit down and play the game and they can talk shit?

Anyways i'm glad to hear that this game is getting some very positive buzz but is it really worth all the buzz? I've fallen into the gaf hype machine before (PN03, POP, and bitersweetly to an extent BOE) so what makes this one stand out from those? I'm about to buy two copies of this game just cause i'm so damn interested in it.

(goes to watch Game Commercial)

Ah yeah

100K by November

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
B'z-chan said:
And i got laughed at for wanting to preorder this game and so i walked out of the store... well fuck them. They didnt sit down and play the game and they can talk shit?

Anyways i'm glad to hear that this game is getting some very positive buzz but is it really worth all the buzz? I've fallen into the gaf hype machine before (PN03, POP, and bitersweetly to an extent BOE) so what makes this one stand out from those? I'm about to buy two copies of this game just cause i'm so damn interested in it.

(goes to listen to Katamari soundtrack)

Ah yeah

100K by November

Well, if you know what to expect there's a big chance it will live up to the hype. It's not an epic game with state-of-the-art graphics, it's not a super-project they've pumped millions into. Don't expect a miracle, but expect an entertaining and original game that will probably bring a smile to your face. It is pure fun.
But yeah, for that price...you could buy it just for the soundtrack alone. ;)

B'z-chan

Banned
Well i'm buying one no matter what so maybe i'll pick up a copy for myself. This better be the diamond in the rough thing. It looks so simplistic and all but the music is whats drawing me. I hope my Eb gets another copy today.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
B'z-chan said:
You must be joking, is this from an EB or GS? How in the hell can anyone who works at those places laugh at a reservation regardless of the game.

B'z-chan

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
You must be joking, is this from an EB or GS? How in the hell can anyone who works at those places laugh at a reservation regardless of the game.

well it wouldnt be the first time. But GameCrazy, EB, and Gamestop thought i was fucking nuts for wanting to preorder it. And two of the places (GameCrazy, and Gamestop) laughed at my ass and told me that they couldnt preorder the game and this was a week or so ago. But still...

I'm getting it at eb.

TekunoRobby said:

Same thing happened to me at least three game stores in NYC.

This is a pretty good game. It gave me the same feeling I had while playing Doshin the Giant. I don't know, something with the experimental gameplay I suppose. I haven't played it for months now but I'll be picking it up sometime in the future when I get bored with Pikmin 2 and Pokemon FireRed.

AniHawk said:
I asked at my Best Buy today... The wont be getting some in stock until Friday or Saturday. Even then it'll be only 4.

Best Buy is getting it? I can't find it on their site.

Maybe I'll wait until Friday and see any Best Buys around me get it, so I can use the $5 off coupon.

heavy liquid said:
Best Buy is getting it? I can't find it on their site.

Maybe I'll wait until Friday and see any Best Buys around me get it, so I can use the $5 off coupon.
i went in best buy to ask about it last nite, and the same douche thats ALWAYS working told me he hadnt even heard of it. that probably means they arent getting it. hes there more than anyone, so surely hed at least find the name familiar if they were planning to stock it

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Local EB and GameStop don't have it in, but the manager of the GameStop was willing to put a copy of Katamari Damacy on hold for me over the phone, which rocks because they're only getting three copies and there was already dibs on one of them.

Top Bottom