• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did Blood Will Tell get bad reviews?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Sorry, couldn't find the old threads.

Anyhow, I notice this game has gotten a lot of mediocre to negative press. I haven't played it for very long but in the brief time I have it's very impressive. Great story, fine graphics, fun bosses, etc. The levelling/reclaiming system seems excellent. I don't even mind the controls or camera much.

I can see the rather simplistic combat getting a little repetitive, but it's no worse than a lot of games and has a great story...does this really start to tank further in?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's an action/beat em up based on the manga by Osamu Tezuka. He did Astro Boy too (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong manga crowd). The story would seem a little more than bizarre if I spelled it out here, but basically, his organs and limbs were stolen by demons and replaced by weaponry. You'll just have to believe me when I say the story is told, even in game, in a quite compelling manner.

BuddyC

I really don't want to link to my review here, but I thought Blood Will Tell was a really neat concept. I just got bored with the actual game, regardless of how compelling the story was. Dororo's parts didn't help much either.

Top Bottom