• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does EBgames.com have all Wii games listed at $59.99?

Amir0x

Banned
It's probably easier to just refund excess cash than to mail all your customers to say 'i'm sorry, you're gonna need to pay 10 dollars more than was previously advertised...'

Christopher

ahhh EBgames...they do anything to take your money in advance.

I hate preordering from these stores, and after the horror storys on here I don't know why NeoGAF continues to do it.

HomShaBom

Banned
Biohazard said:
ahhh EBgames...they do anything to take your money in advance.

I hate preordering from these stores, and after the horror storys on here I don't know why NeoGAF continues to do it.

ya, I preordered NSMB before I knew the Circuit City price..

Jiggy

Why anyone goes to game-specific stores is beyond me. They price-gouge on a regular basis--just look at how many GBA games are $5 and sometimes even $10 above the MSRP--and won't drop their prices for months after every other store has. They never have sales. They won't price-match. The clerks are often ardent fanboys of one system/game or another. And even when they're not, they still attempt to push a bunch of extraneous and unnecessary deals on customers because that's what management tells them to.

Edit: And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Wii games are $60--at EBGames, that is, even though the MSRP will be $50.

Mrbob

I thought Iwata said Wii games wouldn't be more than $49.99 (Even though they all should be $39.99 max)?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, that is just a skeletal list og games, release dates, prices, et al on the EBGames site, it is not going to look like that come October.

AniHawk

T000231b.jpg

Yeah, too bad it wont be real.

Lo-Volt

I assume this is just a placeholder price. I thought EB was known to use placeholder figures until the official data was released?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
HomShaBom said:
I doubt it's the real price. Wii games don't cost as much to develop as the other systems.

so what's the cut-off point for the amount of money it costs for a game to make them charge 59.99 for it? it definitely will be more expensive to make Wii games than current gen games, is that not right?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
davepoobond said:
so what's the cut-off point for the amount of money it costs for a game to make them charge 59.99 for it? it definitely will be more expensive to make Wii games than current gen games, is that not right?

well no not exactly, it all depends on nintendos liscensing fees and all that shit. I mean the devs are already building things on a gamecube.

ndreamer

the fact sheet of activisions marvels title listed as only $49.99 for the wii and $59 for both the ps3 and xbox360.

it's possible some titles might be higher but thats all up to the publishers not nintendo.

Tarazet

Amir0x said:
It's probably easier to just refund excess cash than to mail all your customers to say 'i'm sorry, you're gonna need to pay 10 dollars more than was previously advertised...'

You must not have placed any pre-orders online. They don't charge until they ship. At least that's how it is for the Super Paper Mario order I put in.

ChrisReid

Lo-Volt said:
I assume this is just a placeholder price. I thought EB was known to use placeholder figures until the official data was released?

sonarrat said:
You must not have placed any pre-orders online. They don't charge until they ship. At least that's how it is for the Super Paper Mario order I put in.

These two people could have made posts #2 & #3 and we could have closed the thread. I don't know how we always manage to talk talk talk without common sense clearing stuff like this up right away.

HomShaBom said:
I doubt it's the real price. Wii games don't cost as much to develop as the other systems.

And GUN/Madden/TH did?

I wouldn't expect third party Wii games to be less than $60. It's the new standard price, why wouldn't EB use it?

Mrbob said:
I thought Iwata said Wii games wouldn't be more than $49.99 (Even though they all should be $39.99 max)?

He did not say that. He said that he couldn't control what other publishers would do. I don't think he even confirmed that first party games would cap off at $50. Though he did say that some games could be cheaper (Wii Sports, maybe?)

In an interview with Game Informer last month, George Harrison said that Revolution games will cost $50, and in some cases less. He did mention that some games could cost $60, but they would be special addition versions. So the Zelda TP Special Adddition version will cost $60, while the regular one will cost $50.

EB Games always puts up speculative prices, and this is the case.

NotMSRP

PhoenixDark said:
He did mention that some games could cost $60, but they would be special addition versions. So the Zelda TP Special Adddition version will cost $60, while the regular one will cost $50.
Expansion pack confirmed!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sp0rsk said:
well no not exactly, it all depends on nintendos liscensing fees and all that shit. I mean the devs are already building things on a gamecube.

granted that's the case, but they still have to implement the wii's controller technology, and if all we're getting is gamecube level games on wii, then there's gonna be more problems than the price of the games imo.

Top Bottom