• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't people enjoy Battlefield Vietnam?

I heard Battlefield Vietnam sucked royal ass. I just got my new PC and installed it, and I love this game. The atmosphere is great, the weapons are cool, game looks great...I'm having allot of fun with it. Its a great change of pace from all the WWII shooters. So, what gives? Why do I hear most people putting it down?

Vlad

I've never tried it, myself. If DICE isn't confident enough in their product to release a demo, I'm sure as hell not going to blind buy it.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Biff Hardbody said:
I heard Battlefield Vietnam sucked royal ass. I just got my new PC and installed it, and I love this game. The atmosphere is great, the weapons are cool, game looks great...I'm having allot of fun with it. Its a great change of pace from all the WWII shooters. So, what gives? Why do I hear most people putting it down?

I'm not sure what it is like now (although I am about to reinstall it for the BF1942 mod being released tomorrow), but at launch it was the weapon balance is what drove me away. The M60/LAW combo was ridiculous. It was made worse by giving that class a med kit on some levels. That and the fact that everyone was always being the Americans and taking that class of soldier. It would be 20 Vietnamese vs. 35 Americans with 25 of them having the M60. I understand they nerfed the M60 and removed the LAW from that kit in the patch so I imagine it is a lot better now.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
The M60/LAW combo was ridiculous. .

I noticed this. It seemed like a really overpowered combo to me too. Still, I'm having allot of fun with the game. Its really a nice change of atmosphere.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
I guess I'm on the other side of the argument/experience here. I'm the one who would rape people with the M60/LAW Combo, the Helis, now the CAR/XM combo... what can I say? I've been having tons of fun :).

Oh.. and nothing but performance increases after each patch for me :D!

NO problems here.
Great game.
Love it :D!

... and I think it looks awesome (don't know what you guys don't like about it).

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
I bought it but couldn't get into for some reason. It just didn't strike me the same way the first Battlefield game did. *shrug*

BlackMage

Banned
I like it. The new 1.1 patch has made it a whole lot better. Also, the World War II mod coming out tomorrow will be sweet.

eva01

Battlefield Vietnam rocks, having a blast playing. I like it more than BF: 1942 and Desert Combat. Me and two buddies just dominate the vast majority of the time when we play. Usually at the EA 123 server. It also makes it more fun because we have a ventrillo server. Plus its always fun grabbing a heli and messing around. The Americans are still a little underpowered compared to the NVA in my opinion.

EA 123 - Viet Nam War|44ms|159.153.197.222:15567

Here are a couple of videos.

Hueycam.avi
NvaBoat.wmv

SKluck

Banned
Great game. Lots of broken promises and features that aren't in the final, and still aren't, but they spend time on a 3 map ww2 mod. Graphics are complete ass, but it isn't a total rework like BF2 will be.

Fun as hell though. Just driving around in a jeep blasting out Surfin' Bird for shits and giggles rocks.

Cool videos!

I love this game. Sure, its my first night with my new pc so I'm enjoying every game...but I think BFV rocks. I really enjoy it, and the atmosphere is a great changed from the zillion WWII shooters I've played to death. I guess I'm in the minority when I say I really like the graphics.

GUNG SU MAO!

MAO!

I wish they had a flame thrower in this game.

And a revolver.

Maybe in the Deer Hunter expansion pack.

shot5.jpg

Top Bottom