• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

ozfunghi

So I thought I would take the recent eshop sale to knock Mario 3D World off my wish list and make it my second wii u game (besides rebuying arkham). The space is gonna take up half of my 8 gb but I figure I'll get that hard drive sometime... Hopefully this game is as good as everyone says it is, because I will have to wait a couple months before I can get another game.

You remember i told you, you can only use 3GB of that 8GB and the rest is reserved for the OS right?

jholmes

Watchdogs has been on Uplay for months, at least since I bought Rayman Legends in the spring. I really hate when these fansites see something like this and throw it online, because then they all source this original BS post and breathlessly report on something that's a year old and largely irrelevant.

Unless there are new achievements and rewards, which I suppose is a possibility.

jmizzal

Watchdogs has been on Uplay for months, at least since I bought Rayman Legends in the spring. I really hate when these fansites see something like this and throw it online, because then they all source this original BS post and breathlessly report on something that's a year old and largely irrelevant.

Unless there are new achievements and rewards, which I suppose is a possibility.

Yea some those are not, but I dont know why the site is saying Watch_Dogs being on there is new lol

TheMoon

Yup Uplay app just had an update and added all the Uplay achievements and rewards for Watch_Dogs

I'm guessing they are about to give a release date and WiiU info

Watch Dogs including some of its achievements have been in the Wii U uPlay app since last year. I don't anything here is new. The achievements were all there since a few months ago, too, i think. Not newsworthy in any case.

jmizzal

Watch Dogs including some of its achievements have been in the Wii U uPlay app since last year. I don't anything here is new. The achievements were all there since a few months ago, too, i think. Not newsworthy in any case.

Yea there were some there for a while but a couple of them are new, I have been checking and two of them I havent seen up there before

as for that date end of Sept would be cool if true between Hyrule Warriors and Bayo 2 is fine with me

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I was looking at at a list of games that will be exhibited at TGS 2014, and saw mention of Bandai Namco's 藤子・F・不二雄キャラクターズ 大 集合!SFドタバタパーティー!! which is a party/fighting game featuring characters by Fujiko · F · Fujio (Doraemon, Perman etc.). It looks pretty fun.

Japan only I think, but could perhaps be added to the list? Out on the 20th of November.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d04iyReTnQ

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Rösti;128707934 said:
I was looking at at a list of games that will be exhibited at TGS 2014, and saw mention of Bandai Namco's 藤子・F・不二雄キャラクターズ 大 集合!SFドタバタパーティー!! which is a party/fighting game featuring characters by Fujiko · F · Fujio (Doraemon, Perman etc.). It looks pretty fun.

Japan only I think, but could perhaps be added to the list? Out on the 20th of November.

Smoker hasn't been putting JP only games so far. Otherwise things like Kamen Battride (there was one earlier this year, there's another one this year) would have been on the list.

Gamestop.it says 30.09.2014. for Watch Dogs?

My guess is just a placeholder. September 30th is the last day of the current fiscal quarter, and since this was delayed out for an unknown time frame, I'm guessing they just list the last date in the current quarter as the placeholder until the next rolls around, or Ubisoft actually specifies a release date.

Rösti;128707934 said:

Yeah this was announced a month or so ago.

Taiko Wii U 2 is imminent as well as the website is pseudo open.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Goh I hope NES Remix does well on the physical release. Was playing some last night, and the concept is so brilliant. I just hope the idea was profitable to Nintendo so we can all get the SNES Remix I know we all really want to see! Plus it's leveraging Nintendo's back catalog and nestalga in a cool clever way while also introducing more exclusive content that you can only get on the Wii U vs other consoles.

PS: Posted a bunch of NES Remix screen caps to my Wii U Screenshot Blog!

Goh I hope NES Remix does well on the physical release. Was playing some last night, and the concept is so brilliant. I just hope the idea was profitable to Nintendo so we can all get the SNES Remix I know we all really want to see! Plus it's leveraging Nintendo's back catalog and nestalga in a cool clever way while also introducing more exclusive content that you can only get on the Wii U vs other consoles.

PS: Posted a bunch of NES Remix screen caps to my Wii U Screenshot Blog!

I'm going to buy nes remix physical even though I own both. I will support it all I can for the hopes of snes remix. I could die a happy doge.

Man those shots are hawt. I wish I could experience the feels of playing nes remix for the first time again. Great bloge!

wilflare

stocking up on eShop credit and just wondering what games are coming before end 2014 (in time for the DPP)

any eShop exclusives?

any major retail releases - would get those multiplayer staples digitally I guess
e.g. MK8 - got it digital

for now, I am thinking of
Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors (but having mixed feelings on this)

anything else?

TheMoon

Look at this - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=893306

WiiU Lego Marvel and The Lego Movie is out selling the PS4 and Xbox One versions, but WiiU doesnt Season pass for Lego Batman 3? ummm ok WB

But people will still say there is no bias against Nintendo

WB Games clearly has no interest in dealing with the eShop, despite the statistics. Or maybe because of them? According to Baker's presentation about the eShop, the audience is on the eShop is almost exclusively male and in the 18-35 group (didn't fact check age range) so maybe that is not where their LEGO audience is and they think it's not worth it? Either way it's another publisher rather saying "no" than to try and keep building consumer trust with the audience that exists and potentially attract new ones.

69wpm

WB Games clearly has no interest in dealing with the eShop, despite the statistics. Or maybe because of them? According to Baker's presentation about the eShop, the audience is on the eShop is almost exclusively male and in the 18-35 group (didn't fact check age range) so maybe that is not where their LEGO audience is and they think it's not worth it? Either way it's another publisher rather saying "no" than to try and keep building consumer trust with the audience that exists and potentially attract new ones.

BwJ7HMiCUAADzXt.jpg

WBG is the only one not interested in the eShop, Activision is also stubborn, might I say stupid?

TheMoon

BwJ7HMiCUAADzXt.jpg

WBG is the only one not interested in the eShop, Activision is also stubborn, might I say stupid?

Damnit, I initially wrote 18-34 but then changed it to 35 :D ...so close!

Yea, Activision is super weird about the eShop in general. I believe Skylanders this year was their FIRST eShop release ever lol. That's just nuts. WB at least "started" giving us the Arkham Origins season pass (and Deathstroke DLC) before they retroactively canned it and put out Blackgate HD on Wii U (I believe Armature's Retro Studios roots helped make this possible if only them being familiar with the Nintendo hardware, etc).

cacildo

The eshop seems a great opportunity for big publishers and indies alike

You have to watch the lurkers... how they´re always waiting on miiverse for new releases to pop up....

I wish i could make my own game, because the Eshop is the exactly the right place for a good idea to spread...

TheMoon

Activision's lack of presence on the eshop is just baffling, why don't they just stick they're games up, any sales would be free money

I'm talking completely out of my butt but (heh) maybe it's some weird tactic to "force" people to buy the retail copy and make the sales look better since the audience is so small anyway and splitting already disappointing sales up into two charts is not what they want? Maybe?
Baby? Puffy? Or Jay-Z? Would all be better for Activision since all I can do is buy retail? (sorry)

I'm talking completely out of my butt but (heh) maybe it's some weird tactic to "force" people to buy the retail copy and make the sales look better since the audience is so small anyway and splitting already disappointing sales up into two charts is not what they want? Maybe?
Baby? Puffy? Or Jay-Z? Would all be better for Activision since all I can do is buy retail? (sorry)

Sales numbers aren't generally public anyway and I doubt a few thousand copies would make a difference with positions

TheMoon

Sales numbers aren't generally public anyway and I doubt a few thousand copies would make a difference with positions

But maybe it's related to book keeping? Not worth it to track separately? Anyway, like I said, I got no clue and I'm just throwing stuff at the wall.

Just bought Disney Infinity on Wii for $30 and so I can finally play the Wii U version that's free on the eShop! :D

Really nice so far (Wii U), but blurry, are the other HD versions like that? What's the native res of each version? Also how does the Wii U version stack up graphically?

Son Of D

Despite the fact that we're over a month away from the release I need help thinking of a subtitle for the Bayonetta 1 Wii U port OT. I was thinking "Fly Wii U to the Moon" as a reference to the fact that "Fly Me to the Moon" is a prominent theme in the game.

Not going to ask in a Bayo 2 thread because those are minefields.

Despite the fact that we're over a month away from the release I need help thinking of a subtitle for the Bayonetta 1 Wii U port OT. I was thinking "Fly Wii U to the Moon" as a reference to the fact that "Fly Me to the Moon" is a prominent theme in the game.

Fly Wii to the U?

FryHole

I think "Fly Wii U the Moon" might work better despite being nonsensical, just because it scans.

As an alternative, can you do anything with "Wiitch"?

Edit: or, rather more prosaically, "Fly Mii to the Moon"?

JDSN

Banned

Fly me to WiiU.

I think simply "Fly U to the Moon" has a better ring to it. Or "Fly Mii to the Moon", as per FryHole's suggestion.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

Of Wiiches Umbran, etc.

Wurst

I finally bit and got a Wii U with Wii Party U, Nintendoland and also DKCTF in preperation for Bayonetta next month.

I also wanted to jump back and experience Xenoblade... but holy hell it goes for 91€ on Amazon.de. That is... extreme!

TheMoon

Aiustis

Art Academy just reminds me of how much I suck at art. But it's fun.

Next week is Hyrule Warriors...I have to go in to gamestop to see if I paid off my preorder.

AniHawk

thinking about 2015, and it seems pretty solid. no third-party games aside from devil's third and some lego stuff most likely, though.

what could possibly come to the machine? there's a lot of independent stuff for sure. but at retail what is there? another one piece dealy? taiko drum master?

would people even be interested in an up-port of rodea the sky soldier?

jholmes

thinking about 2015, and it seems pretty solid. no third-party games aside from devil's third and some lego stuff most likely, though.

what could possibly come to the machine? there's a lot of independent stuff for sure. but at retail what is there? another one piece dealy? taiko drum master?

would people even be interested in an up-port of rodea the sky soldier?

I can see Rodea and potentially, maybe, Taiko Drum Master coming over. Rodea might not sell gangbusters but the port work should largely already be done. Presumably stuff like Just Dance, Disney Infinity and Skylanders will come. Straight Right is supposedly working on something.

I don't think 2015 will be as bad as people are making it seem, but who knows. The fact is most of the stuff already announced for next year was 2014 stuff that got delayed.

deleted

I still don't understand why it is taking so long to port some N64 roms to the Wii U VC.
Wii had a great VC library up and running at launch. They're sitting on tons of always profitable retro games yet their input has been mediocre at best.

I think I figured it out finally.

Maybe they have a small team doing VC, but at the end of the Wii generation the 3DS released and now a team of the same size has to handle the 3DS and the Wii U. That's why they recently hired M2 for GBA emulation, so they can focus on one machine better.

And since the 3DS sold much more, it made sense at the time.

Still a situation that should never occur. And it probably will not get fixed until the next generation with a shared interface and account system.

Malvingt2

So I want to pre order Watch Dogs "WiiU" and I dunno which bonus is the best.. help?

••• Amazon Exclusive - Signature Shot Pack in-game single-player mission and rewards.
••• Best Buy Exclusive - The Breakthru Pack in-game single-player mission and rewards.
••• Gamestop Exclusive - Palace Pack in-game single-player mission and rewards.

I really hate when they do this. :/

Top Bottom