• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Arms and Shadow Hearts creators to launch Double Kickstarter campaign for spiritual successors Armed Fantasia and Penny Blood

nocsi

Not sure what the purpose of this footage is, other than the person who posted this hoping that it’ll get the director to drop the idea of an Open World.
lol your comment greatly contrasts the youtube comments singing praise. Personally I’m thrilled they settled on using roblox as the game engine

saintjules

Gold Member
lol your comment greatly contrasts the youtube comments singing praise. Personally I’m thrilled they settled on using roblox as the game engine

Hope it looks good. I'm expecting alot for a 2025 game from a graphics perspective.

I'm hoping the original creator of the Breath of Fire Franchise makes a spiritual successor. Just like what's happening with Suikoden, Shadow Hearts and Wild Arms

If they make music like this then I'm happy.

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

I'm hoping the original creator of the Breath of Fire Franchise makes a spiritual successor. Just like what's happening with Suikoden, Shadow Hearts and Wild Arms
Last I heard he was locked in Capcom's basement because they feared his power.

reRkrOh.png

Joking aside if they let him do a new Ghost n' Goblins then who knows?

Last edited:

Crayon

I started a game of wild arms 1 and now I think I want to pick that back up! I've been having trouble finding a game to stick to for a month now and I should give that a shot. But I cannot remember how I was playing it... It must have either been on a ps3 from the store or an actual ps1 disk.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I started a game of wild arms 1 and now I think I want to pick that back up! I've been having trouble finding a game to stick to for a month now and I should give that a shot. But I cannot remember how I was playing it... It must have either been on a ps3 from the store or an actual ps1 disk.

Yeah it's on my Vita backlog

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
That game I started was like 6 years ago and I really liked what I saw in the two hours. I didn't exactly bounce off it. I was just putting it in to take a look. Actually, this is jogging my memory.... It was a ps1 disc. I've had it for over 20 years. "Oh yeah, i've been meaning to check this one out for a minute..." jfc time flies.

I have Wild Arms 1 and 2 on Vita

I also have one PS2 Wild Arms game on my Vita

I have a big Vita backlog

Metnut

Hit all the stretch goals. I’ll probably buy it close to release. Have a feeling it’s going to be a whiiiiiile before we see either of these games.

Pejo

Wonder if they'll do a slacker backer option. I wanted to pitch in but had to wait until my October budget rolled around.

PJX

That does not look good. That's first impression.

Somehow the more media they show, the worst they’re making it for themselves. They don’t need to continually share progress every week. Just do a monthly or bi monthly like what eiyuden does.

It looks like an above average jrpg. I do agree that this wasn't best way of making a first impression. They should have shown several shots of the characters running through different environments.

It's as if people don't know what a gameplay test is.

Developers never win with you lot.

PJX

It’s as if you don’t understand that these are not marketable materials and shouldn’t really be shown.
It's as if you don't understand that the developer is being open with the development of the game. Only need to read the kickstarter and the interviews to see that, unless you have reading comprehension issues.

nocsi

It's as if you don't understand that the developer is being open with the development of the game. Only need to read the kickstarter and the interviews to see that, unless you have reading comprehension issues.
It’s as if you don’t understand project management. Transparency is ok. Too much is a detriment, especially when fundraising.

SSfox

Shadow heart 2 was so great. Wild Arms also was very cool and unique franchise. PS2 was insane console, hopefully to see many great JRPG this gen.

Rickyiez

Armed Fantasia field test looks cool actually despite some of the janks . Wanted to see more of Penny Blood tho

Last edited:

IAmRei

I dont like the armed fantasia main character design. Unfortunately... I really like wild arms 1-3 and 5 design, though

saintjules

Gold Member
Dang, is it really hard to release the game without publisher? AFAIK there are other games from Kickstarter that don't have publishers.

While people have released with Publishers, there are benefits for having one which I think is more ideal.

Funding for marketing purposes.

Publishers have better marketing push which leads to a wider reach and better promotion.

Distribution which they would have access to multiple platforms and regions.

Resources such as QA, localization, and other services.

NanaMiku

While people have released with Publishers, there are benefits for having one which I think is more ideal.

Funding for marketing purposes.

Publishers have better marketing push which leads to a wider reach and better promotion.

Distribution which they would have access to multiple platforms and regions.

Resources such as QA, localization, and other services.
Oh, you're right. But I recently thought that for extra funding they got, it's better to use it to polish the game more or publish the game themselves rather than adding more content/features via stretch goals. Eiyuden had so many bugs that I think one of the reasons is because they added to many features via the stretch goal

I thought the point of fundraising is that you don't need a publisher? Weird. Maybe ask the people who picked up Eiyuden Chronicles.. but then again, that probably wasn't too profitable either.

Miles708

I thought the point of fundraising is that you don't need a publisher? Weird. Maybe ask the people who picked up Eiyuden Chronicles.. but then again, that probably wasn't too profitable either.

Fundraising can also be used to gauge interest to "sell" yourself to publishers more easily.

Also i would imagine publishers could be more willing to get on your project if you already have something concrete to show them, and that kind of development requires time and money, that you can get via fundraising.

Apparently it's not working particularly well for now.

Top Bottom