• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will DOOM 3 PC support controllers?

I prefer playing with controllers over keyboards and mice. But I have'nt heard of DOOM 3 allows it.
Also, does anyone know if they sell something that can convert my XBOX controller for PC?

Thanks

dem

Seriously.. learn to play with a keyboard+mouse. Use it for like an hour or 2 and you will never go back

.... unless ofcourse you already tried it and went back =P

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I prefer playing with controllers over keyboards and mice.

Well, I guess you're not very good then. Not that it's impossible to use a controller w/ an FPS well, but you ain't seeing someone who's decent using a m/kb. No contest.

I know it sounds weird to some of you guys, but I am better with a controller for some reason. At least in single player. So sue me.

Thanks for the help to everyone else.

siege

Banned
Blazing Sword said:
I know it sounds weird to some of you guys, but I am better with a controller for some reason. At least in single player. So sue me.

Thanks for the help to everyone else.

Well in that case, I'm pretty sure Doom 3 won't support gamepads. However, you can always check out a mapping prog like Oni Link suggested.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
For a slow paced game like Doom 3, the smoother panning of a controller might actually feel good.

I'm going mouse/key, obviously, but I can see why someone would want to do that. It isn't as if you need perfect accuracy for this game or anything...and the smoother view panning will make for a more attractive experience.

Sirolf

Wow Blazing...you don't stop making threads about Doom 3 don't you ? ;)
Just don't think one second to go deathmatch with a pad!

Oni Jazar

Just cause it's a slower paced game doesn't mean there wont be quick aim moments. Some of the enemies are pretty damn fast.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oni Jazar said:
Just cause it's a slower paced game doesn't mean there wont be quick aim moments. Some of the enemies are pretty damn fast.

And? This isn't deathmatch and keeping up with those enemies on a pad wouldn't be too tough. Like I said, I'm using the mouse/keyboard for Doom 3...but it would be quite possible the play the game on a pad.

Top Bottom