• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Halo 2 get 10's from the big publications?

Kon Tiki

Banned
Prine said:
Fortunatly its not. I cant believe some of you are questioning the quality of Halo2. Its Bungie for gods sake. With as much time and money needed to create Halo 2.

Halo 2 looks to be a huge step up from Halo, quit worriying.
what does 'Its Bungie' mean?

Timbuktu

I would predict a nine from Edge. Improving on the original is what a sequel is supposed to do anyway, if it isn't groundbreaking and give us a new experience, it shouldn't score a ten, by edge's definition. The first one scored quite a few 10s itself, I think Halo2 may match it, but probably won't improve on Halo in terms of scores.

I only hope that magazines give this game to people who didn't like the first or FPSs in general and ask them to review it and voice their concerns. As someone who didn't like Halo all that much I'd value their opinion much more.

shpankey

not an idiot
lets put it this way... after seeing some gameplay shots and these videos, i went back into the MP2 pics thread and literally starting laughing out loud at them.

Mrbob

Prine said:
Fortunatly its not. I cant believe some of you are questioning the quality of Halo2. Its Bungie for gods sake. With as much time and money needed to create Halo 2.

Halo 2 looks to be a huge step up from Halo, quit worriying.

Some people think Bungie got lucky and Halo was the only quality title they ever developed. Naive.

Kon Tiki

Banned
shpankey said:
lets put it this way... after seeing some gameplay shots and these videos, i went back into the MP2 pics thread and literally starting laughing out loud at them.
You are in a for a suprise.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I guess that all depends on your attitude. To me "10" means perfect.. and no game should ever be given that score

I disagree. If 10 meant perfect, and therefore no game gets 10, then why not just score out of 9?

The 'out of 10' marking is way too low resolution to simply write off one of the numbers.

IMO, 10 simply means Very, Very good. Almost perfect.

As for Halo2 - depends what it does. If its simply Halo + Multiplayer, then as good as that would be, it wouldn't deserve a 10. The baseline for games is constantly shifting, and sequels especially should be marked relative to their predecessors.

So a 10 for Halo would mean that it is a massive improvement on Halo in every regard. And that is a tough target.

Phantom

With all the big games coming out in the next few months I think there is a strong chance OoT will lose its position on the top of GameRankings.

thorns

Banned
Why should a game be rated based upon how good a sequel it is? Ratings should be objective, if halo 2 is a great game on its own, it should get a great score, without regards to how it compares to halo 1.

Top Bottom