• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Did... did they just say that Lisicki is allergic to grass? Reminds me of Jade Johnson (UK long jumper. Allergic to sand. Yep.)

nan0

Fun fact: We have a german player in the final, but nobody broadcasts it in free-TV in Germany. Thank god for streams.

LuuKyK

For the new page.

Bartoli awaits.

d0rjpa

Certinty

My girl!

Makes it even funnier that so many people laughed at me when I told them she would beat Serena and go on to have a great tournament.

HeroMK

Neo Member
Bartoli hasn't dropped a single set the entire tournament. I wouldn't be so sure Lisicki is going to win but I hope she does.

Saty

Both saved the same amount of break points. Yes, Aga's 2nd serve is a weakness but on the other hand Lisicki had 7 DF. The game could have gone either way, it's just a shame Aga was already a break up in the final set but it's dicey for her because there's always a chance of a bad service game of being out-powered by the opponent.

lol

'There's tremendous depth in the women's game, so many brilliant players coming through. There's that Belgian one and um...that French girl, er, coming through...'

Baleoce

There's being understandably disappointed/sad/angry at yourself because you lost, and then there's being disrespectful to the opponent. I didn't actually see this at the time.

Was this the proper context? Or did she have an actual reason for turning around?

szaromir

Banned
You too won't be feeling good when you lost one in a lifetime chance at the title.
Heh, if she's meant to be a slam champion, she needs to bounce back and create another opportunity for herself. Murray had many such crushing losses and he eventually got one.

Saty

The problem is that the current, and what seems to be the future, field is dominated by big hitters and power players. Naturally Aga is going to struggle with those kind of players and she'll probably need to win back-to-back matches against those types of players in a slam to get to the final\win.

That's why today was a golden opportunity. Also, Aga's frame of body is limited and prone to injuries so you can't possibly beef her up to generate more power. She was already wrapped up the last two match because 'too much tennis'. Didn't she shave 3 straight matches that went over 2hours? Keys, Pironkova and Li.

szaromir

Banned
The problem is that the current, and what seems to be the future, field is dominated by big hitters and power players. Naturally Aga is going to struggle with those kind of players and she'll probably need to win back-to-back matches against those types of players in a slam to get to the final\win.
Either she learns how to win those matches or she'll be her generation's Dementieva.

Saty

Didn't that match had a crucial point determined by Hawk-eye?

Elena was always prone to nervousness which cost her in big matches and in slams. Aga's composure and the mental side is probably one of the strongest in the tour.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I like how MIMIC has posted less and less as Murray has progressed further and further. If Janowicz wins, I expect a return in full force.

Speevy

Banned
Hope Bartoli wins it. Can't wait to watch the Del Potro v Djokovic match tomorrow. It has the potential to be simply stunning!

If by stunning you mean Delpo limping around the court dropping bombs that Djokovic is more than capable of returning, then yes.

If you're not fit, you can't beat Djokovic.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If by stunning you mean Delpo limping around the court dropping bombs that Djokovic is more than capable of returning, then yes.

This basically. He got through the last match because Ferrer was also badly injured - Ferrer didn't actually attend the practice session for fear of making his ankle even worse before play - and because he was serving absolute bombs. Also Ferrer's gameplan was just stupid (possibly exacerbated by injury). Djokovic is not injured and is usually tactically quite sharp, plus he has the second best return of serve on the tour.

MegalonJJ

Banned

Party pooper!

Just kidding, but hopefully the wolf Man can do something against Nolle.

MiKeD

Banned
Aga is such a bitch at times, it's so difficult to root for her. Thank goodness Lisicki won.
Hit the weights lady.

This basically. He got through the last match because Ferrer was also badly injured - Ferrer didn't actually attend the practice session for fear of making his ankle even worse before play - and because he was serving absolute bombs. Also Ferrer's gameplan was just stupid (possibly exacerbated by injury). Djokovic is not injured and is usually tactically quite sharp, plus he has the second best return of serve on the tour.

Who has the best return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom