• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I dont get is why would you push your customers to use Itunes instead of Zune/Xbox Music for syncing. If you're using Itunes, you have the IStore pushed in your face which in turn makes people spend money on Music/Videos from Apple instead of Microsoft and is subconciously advertising to people what Apps are on the IEcosystem.

It makes zero business sence

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I don't like how the music tile reverts to the ugly green when a song is not playing. Especially since the animation is much nicer now for the artists.

I don't like how the music tile reverts to the ugly green when a song is not playing. Especially since the animation is much nicer now for the artists.

Yeah, this is kinda baffling. That's very Windows 8 team, not Windows Phone team.

Windows 8 team still has some work to do on their tiles. Their music and video titles are soooo ugly, even when showing the artist/video.

thirty

Banned
yeah what a disappointment to find the live tile doesn't work when music isn't playing. That was such a new feature in WP7.

I also would like the option for changing the video camera orientation. Sucks that I can't shoot horizontal video in my car when it's docked vertically.

I would also like to see MS expand on the kids corner idea. Let's say you have a significant other who occasionally uses your phone, it would be nice to have, instead of kids corner, an incognito area. Where you can add contacts, show call history, texts, emails, websites, etc, that would only appear in this incognito area.

so, who can I tweet about these changes/ideas.

Liberty4all

Banned
:lol I don't blame you dude. So you're going back tomorrow for the concert?

Yep. The freaking charger was almost 80 bucks after tax. The way I see it I'm looking at it like I spent 20 bucks on the charger and 60 dollars to go to a concert with my wife. Makes me feel a little better.

frontieruk

yeah what a disappointment to find the live tile doesn't work when music isn't playing. That was such a new feature in WP7.

I also would like the option for changing the video camera orientation. Sucks that I can't shoot horizontal video in my car when it's docked vertically.

I would also like to see MS expand on the kids corner idea. Let's say you have a significant other who occasionally uses your phone, it would be nice to have, instead of kids corner, an incognito area. Where you can add contacts, show call history, texts, emails, websites, etc, that would only appear in this incognito area.

so, who can I tweet about these changes/ideas.

you playing away from home???

PG2G

it annoys me greatly certain native tiles don't change colours to match the chosen theme. the xbox green isn't even one of the theme choices! >:C

I'm actually glad. If everything was the same color it'd start to look a little boring, especially with the number of tiles we can fit on a screen now

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Am I being paranoid by worrying that the vibrating from calls, apps and other operations will harm my precious, incredibly advanced floating lens?

cube444

So the shit show just continues. I emailed HTC to ask them when the black version (16GB) of the HTC 8X would be available in Toronto and I got this reply:

Dear John,

I love getting the newest options and I will be glad to help with the Windows Phone 8X. While we have not announced when the device will be available in Canada, always feel free to keep an eye on our official website and social networking channels, linked below, for the latest announcements as they are made.

Thank you for being a part of the HTC community. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Who hires these guys?

Troll

Banned
Am I being paranoid by worrying that the vibrating from calls, apps and other operations will harm my precious, incredibly advanced floating lens?

Funny you say that. I used to live on vibrate but now I have it on ring because of the same concern. It's probably nothing but still.

What a difference going into Verizon versus At&t. I was having my car service so I went into nearby Verizon store to check out the Lumia 822 (it's actually a very nice looking phone and very light) and the 8X (with wireless charging). They have a nice setup with Surface (to advertise Live tiles feature) and Nokia charging pad (ironically being used to power up HTC 8X). The 8X doesn't seem to be any bigger in size than At&t version. They also have the accessories for both phone, including nice belt clip and several difference cases. This is big contrast from At&t who doesn't even have the demo unit up and the only accessories they finally got in several days later were some ugly looking Speck bumper case.

So it's not Nokia or HTC that messing up At&t launch .. it's definitely is At&t. Verizons seems to have all their shit together.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So the shit show just continues. I emailed HTC to ask them when the black version (16GB) of the HTC 8X would be available in Toronto and I got this reply:

Who hires these guys?

:lol brutal.

I think the people who are in charge of placing orders with the carriers are the major problem.

This image reminds me of those fake Iphone 5 ads that said it had a Holographic Interface and whatnot built in.

...Whats funny was that in high school, my Comm tech teacher and one of the business teachers showed it in class and legitimately thought it was real... Pretty much the entire class but me thought so too.

Totakeke

I was trying to find a way to hack back internet sharing into my Omnia 7 after a firmware update removed it, so I ventured into XDA only to find there's multiple roms out there on the forums and every one of them with misleading names.

[OM7] mi7Rom WP7.8 Edition Nokia Mod v2 [Update : 20/10/2012]

What? So is it a WP7.8 rom? Nope, doesn't seem that way. What does edition mean? Nokia? But Mod? So is it a Nokia rom or just modded to look like Nokia?

Sigh, that's what I hate about custom roms, the descriptions are always confusing and you never know what you'll end up getting.

Razdek

Banned
Small tiles will make this organization trick a lot more useful/space-saving:

GroupTiles.png

Anton do you remember the site to make the small tiles?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
TV Show got updated, not sure what for. The app works great on WP8 and the live tile is great.

Also I wish they would keep the last played artist on the music tile as well. Looks really cool when music is playing.

Timan

Developer
Any rumors of black friday deals yet? I know just about EVERY android phone will be free/less than a dollar. Hoping some sort of deal on the 8x, free something :p or price drop.

PG2G

Man, the POI database in Nokia Maps is pretty bad. I have been trying to find stuff and no luck. Even finding it in bing and then opening Nokia Maps from the card won't pull up the right place. It is basically useless without knowing the address here (Los Angeles)

How is it for you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom