• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
FMP, produced by Gonzo, is straight up mediocre and disposable in almost every respect. TSR, produced by Kyoani, is great. There's a wide gulf between the two, so I disagree with your "chances are".

Yea I also sorta disagree with this. The KyoAni stuff is leagues better but the original series definitely nails stuff like the comedic elements and also did a serviceable job with other elements.

survivor

Banned
Watching Aura got me in the mood for something more depressing about life. Was Welcome to the NHK anime any good or should I read the novel? I read the manga like 7 years ago and while I remember almost nothing about it, I rather explore the series in a different way.

Chuu2Chuu2 04

No surprise this episode lead nowhere.

Hell, I should be enjoying the comedy I guess, but it just doesn't interest me. Not even the KyoAni action does anything for me.

Watching Aura got me in the mood for something more depressing about life. Was Welcome to the NHK anime any good or should I read the novel? I read the manga like 7 years ago and while I remember almost nothing about it, I rather explore the series in a different way.

I see it highly rated in some sites but I personally found it watchable. As in I don't remember much about it and don't really need to.

Chuu2Chuu2 04

No surprise this episode lead nowhere.

Hell, I should be enjoying the comedy I guess, but it just doesn't interest me. Not even the KyoAni action does anything for me.

Join me brother. Join the brotherhood of Chuudroppers.

Drop the Chuu!

Drop the Chuu!

Drop the Chuu!

WpCVB34.gif

The pacing has been killing me to no end. Like this wasn't an issue before. I feel like I'm watching DBZ or AoT again.

Also it doesn't help that yes I caught up with the show on the longest arc and that it's like 15-20 episodes away from finishing supposedly. And at the pace they're going (the 15 seconds for 20 minutes of AoT) I wouldn't doubt it'd take that long

Like, I'm sure if I was marathoning this bit it would easier (like, I'd probably devour it in one sitting), but I understand why.
Various things are happening at the exact same time so it's hard to juggle them, which is why the anime is taking one event at a time. HOPEFULLY the Neferpitou vs. Gon fight at least STARTS next episode

zeroshiki

To be fair to Corvo and the FMP fans, I think it follows that if someone LIKED the Gonzo FMP they will like the KyoAni FMP but if they didn't like the Gonzo FMP it will be hard to expect them to like the KyoAni FMP since they are so similar (outside Fumoffu).

I rewatched it some time last year and I don't think it really holds up, I think depression coming from the NEET lifestyle was done a lot better in Rozen Maiden 2013.

The syllable immediately following "Oman" there is "ko". It's the same joke this week's Maken-Ki! is using, where the episode is titled Man*cos. Which supposedly stands for "Manga Cosplay", but both jokes are derived from the same thing.

That "manko" means pu**y.
facepalm .

I feel stupid.i guess my mind wasn't perverted at the time.
I was expecting a play on word on someone well know and i totally omited the possibility of this joke , only because studa said " whose should we apologise to ?" or something like that.

I'm even more ashamed that with this new info , the entire scene change of context and the whole ocnversation has a clearly different meaning.

In this case , for me the joke , was clealry too high.

First joke i missed after 26 eps , i guess i'm alright.

Hunter x Hunter 115

Catching up with this show was both a blessing and curse. I mean, great epsiode all around, but dammit
we need to get out of second-time

The pacing has been killing me to no end. Like this wasn't an issue before. I feel like I'm watching DBZ or AoT again.

Also it doesn't help that yes I caught up with the show on the longest arc and that it's like 15-20 episodes away from finishing supposedly. And at the pace they're going (the 15 seconds for 20 minutes of AoT) I wouldn't doubt it'd take that long

It's kinda scary that this episode was so FULL OF EVENTS that out 2 main protagonist have only travelled a couple of metters from last week episode.
A dreadfull side effect of having so much going on.
But this is the right way to adapt the source material... there is NO OTHER way to adapt the source material , the pacing is perfect as it is.

Heysoos

Tokyo Ravens 17

I am so fucking confused. Anyone want to explain what just happened? It feels like they skipped a lot of things. Either that or I missed an episode.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't agree with your straight up mediocre and the merrygoround continues. Especially since I think the content of the two is similar enough that the overwhelming number of people will go for that, first, rather than spend their time worrying over the production values.
It's not production values, but strength of writing, strength of plotting, and strength of direction. Gonzo FMP isn't far off from your usual haremshit anime.

Hamatora 5
Thought it was pretty good while it was going on and then I took a moment to sit back and think about what I've just watched and realized it was kind of terrible. It seemed to poke fun at gay men and had fairly stupid plot twists. The showing of Hajime power was sort of cool though I don't have a clue to what it is.

CorvoSol

It's not production values, but strength of writing, strength of plotting, and strength of direction. Gonzo FMP isn't far off from your usual haremshit anime.

Here, Zeroshiki summed up the only point I'm aiming to make here.

To be fair to Corvo and the FMP fans, I think it follows that if someone LIKED the Gonzo FMP they will like the KyoAni FMP but if they didn't like the Gonzo FMP it will be hard to expect them to like the KyoAni FMP since they are so similar (outside Fumoffu).

I'm the last person who's going to argue that The Second Raid isn't better than the first season in every, single way. The point I'm making though is that it's not very likely that someone who didn't like Full Metal Panic is going to like The Second Raid, because The Second Raid is still Full Metal Panic. If you don't like Sousuke and Kaname, they're not going to be different characters. If you don't find the setting appealing it isn't going to change in the next season in any drastic way. If you're not a fan of the mecha they're not going to be a new style.

Sure, it's possible that someone can not like the one and love the other. Anything is possible. But I don't find it to be very likely, because even given the great improvement from the one season to the next in every area, it's still that: an improvement on what it already was. So I suppose if you didn't like it's Gonzoisms, you may find them alleviated by the transition to KyoAni. If you didn't find the premise itself that appealing, though, why would better direction, writing, and all help you? The premise is as it was. The idea is the same.

And that is the point I'm making about Project A-Ko. If I already wasn't a big fan of it, the core idea of it, then why would I go out of my way to watch MORE of it?

The paradox I'm having a hard time getting through my unreasonably think, ignorant, tasteless, vile, repulsive skull at the moment is why I would watch a show I don't want to watch when the thread is ALWAYS telling me not to watch things I don't like? I didn't like Project A-Ko. I didn't hate it, but better writing isn't going to make me change my tune. I watched it out of curiosity to see what kind of show it was my dad watched when I was little. I've seen it, sated my curiosity, and am moving on.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
And that is the point I'm making about Project A-Ko. If I already wasn't a big fan of it, the core idea of it, then why would I go out of my way to watch MORE of it?

The paradox I'm having a hard time getting through my unreasonably think, ignorant, tasteless, vile, repulsive skull at the moment is why I would watch a show I don't want to watch when the thread is ALWAYS telling me not to watch things I don't like? I didn't like Project A-Ko. I didn't hate it, but better writing isn't going to make me change my tune. I watched it out of curiosity to see what kind of show it was my dad watched when I was little. I've seen it, sated my curiosity, and am moving on.
It's an entirely different premise. As madp said, it's not like A-Ko VS is a masterpiece and you may not like it either, but your continued insistence on branding it as just the same isn't appropriate.

A better comparison might be between different Gundam shows. That shit's all Earth vs Zeon.

CorvoSol

Please amend Cosmic to the list, guys. His presence on twitter is such that I hadn't noticed it, which means my feed isn't getting flooded with lolis by him, haha.

Also Kira Yamato Fan or whatever NFern0 goes by on GAF.

It's an entirely different premise. As madp said, it's not like A-Ko VS is a masterpiece, but your continued insistence on branding it as just the same isn't appropriate.

So what? Do you want me to fucking apologize to this anime?

I haven't seen this shit, Hito, I don't know what it is and I'm not watching it.

Shit, I'm sorry I offended your precious show.

Inappropriate.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So what? Do you want me to fucking apologize to this anime?

I haven't seen this shit, Hito, I don't know what it is and I'm not watching it.

Shit, I'm sorry I offended your precious show.

Inappropriate.
Break out a dictionary. I wasn't talking about morality, but applicability.

cajunator

Banned
Well yeah, I don't have family on my Twitter and I would definitely set up a different one for that.

Thumbnails are truly the comedy of errors of the internet.

Six letter words beginning with H and ending with I are not what I'd call cute, Buster Brown.

*That one annoyed little girl face Kirby always posts.jpg*

Hazuki?

Note to self, never follow anybody from Anime-GAF ever.

My twitter is perfectly safe.

Jarmel

Banned

The writing level is about the same. There isn't some void between the two. The direction is definitely better though.

Quasar

I don't agree with your straight up mediocre and the merrygoround continues. Especially since I think the content of the two is similar enough that the overwhelming number of people will go for that, first, rather than spend their time worrying over the production values.

Me either. If anything I might even like S1 more, though that might just be new show smell. Though I think I liked Fumoffu most.

survivor

Banned
I see it highly rated in some sites but I personally found it watchable. As in I don't remember much about it and don't really need to.

I rewatched it some time last year and I don't think it really holds up, I think depression coming from the NEET lifestyle was done a lot better in Rozen Maiden 2013.
Hmm, yeah I think I will just read the novel then, it seems to be more depressing and darker anyway so it suits me better.

Rozen Maiden did tackle the NEET issues pretty well despite the source material constantly trying to ruin the story.

Tokyo Ravens 17

It really feels like there has been some disconnect between episodes or something cause even I can't remember why blondie is suddenly psycho.

The plot in this show is pretty much just flying over my head at this point.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Corvo: "So it's something else, fine. I'm still not really interested and I already have a shitload of other things to watch."

All you have to say. I'm not getting on your case for not watching it, but your reasoning. You can have different shows with different qualities using the same brand, same property, and same character names.

CorvoSol

Corvo: "So it's something else, fine. I'm still not really interested and I already have a shitload of other things to watch."

All you have to say. I'm not getting on your case for not watching it, but your reasoning. You can have different shows with different qualities using the same brand, same property, and same character names.

I'm not saying it.

You hounded me about this shit all fucking day. And now "it's just because of your inaccurate labeling of a show."

Holy shit. It's a show. If I mislabeled, oh no. It's not like my AnimeGAF approved Taste Rating can go any lower.

Whoa, it's getting kinda tense in here. Let's not go too far guys! Lest we forget what happened last summer with the SAO business.

GaoGaiGar - 4

Ah so that's why no one cared when the city gained a massive crater all of a sudden. So it's the like the barriers in Nanoha, where a little fighting arena is created so no one gets hurt.

FAMILY BONDING AWAAAAY!

LOL at the one kid who stood around not giving a shit when a damn space shuttle was about to fall on all the kids. Reminds me of this.

Man, my blood pumps every time the OP plays, and it gets better when it plays DURING the fight. Please keep this up show, because I love it when you do that.

The writing level is about the same. There isn't some void between the two. The direction is definitely better though.

Yeah, I'm not getting that either. TSR is a better made show that isn't fundamentally different from Gonzo's FMP. I wouldn't recommend TSR to someone who disliked the first season of FMP.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm not saying it.

You hounded me about this shit all fucking day. And now "it's just because of your inaccurate labeling of a show."

Holy shit. It's a show. If I mislabeled, oh no. It's not like my AnimeGAF approved Taste Rating can go any lower.
See, this is why people hound you in the first place. You're so damn stubborn it's pretty much a challenge to even produce a crack. :p

zeroshiki

Yeah, I'm not getting that either. TSR is a better made show that isn't fundamentally different from Gonzo's FMP. I wouldn't recommend TSR to someone who disliked the first season of FMP.

I have friends who think FMP started with Fumoffu and who were incredibly confused when they watched Second Raid.

Heysoos

Tokyo Ravens 17

It really feels like there has been some disconnect between episodes or something cause even I can't remember why blondie is suddenly psycho.

The plot in this show is pretty much just flying over my head at this point.

Don't worry, you're not alone. I was following fine, now I don't even know what happened.

Midonin

Teekyuu OVA 01-04

So much Marimo. Seeing more Tomarin, and a two-parter (for whatever that's worth in this show) was a nice treat. I hope there really is a season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom