• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maison Ikkoku - 81~89

What do you do when your grandma comes to visit you?
50KRxDO.jpg
1w7qO2G.jpg

Bring her to a cabalet(?).

Company rule #3. Company rule #3. Company rule #3.
Godai-kun can't catch a break.
"Please look after Tarou and Hanako." Obviously she wasn't interested in him
. Even Mitaka's Uncle marriage schemes can't compare to this,
let me dump my kids on you, lol.
I see a glimpse of heaven,
Tarou is just so cute, paging his mother without a worry in the word, while Mitaka schemes with Kyoko's mother and then next episode made me get mad at Kyoko-san...
"Yokohama Chaser. Kyoko-san's Going Away?!"
"Come on. Let's go, Otonashi-san." "Uhh"...enters car...
"Otonashi-san, why don't we take a walk around the yard after lunch?" "Huh? But I..."...goes to the yard...
W-we can't go to the ocean..."Please wait in the car."...waits in the car...
JUST SAY NOOOOO!
Now it's the time to Godai and Mitaka resolve everthing with their fists, but in the everthing here is resolved drinking your problems away, not that this was the best solution. GOOD DAMMIT.
That slapkuga. That cold face.
And this time Godai wasn't the only casuality, Asuna was waiting Mitaka at his door and...
McEnroe fucked MItaka that night, almost literaly.
Another Man's man decision made by Godai...
you have to wonder where you're living when someone prefers to study at a cabaret instead of your own house.
What?....Yeah...she's pregnant...who? Yeah, she is.
Japan has a big problem with miscommunication.
Kozue-chan
has come back from the dead!(and as a side note, did Koutaro die in an accident off screen?).
What a proposal, "This is my bank account. Help me spend it" Obviously she can't say no.
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! They did it!
But I think Kyoko is going to kill them.

Last episodes fever! PARTO! PARTO!

Mature

Gotta get their money's worth!
A lot of times it's the burden of adhering to archaic clientele who refuse to upgrade. I imagine there's a select handful of companies who are single-handedly keeping fax machines alive and that dial-up noise reverberating through hallways. Monsters.

Kansoku

Hamatora - 5

Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu

cajunator

Banned
A lot of times it's the burden of adhering to archaic clientele who refuse to upgrade. I imagine there's a select handful of companies who are single-handedly keeping fax machines alive and that dial-up noise reverberating through hallways. Monsters.

Gas stations/companies
Our company has a huge do-everything copy machine but we still have to fax things sometimes. Also when I call stores for inventories the fucking fax machine will pick up. They need to die.

CorvoSol

I'm not even going to make comments like "Where's Akari?" and "Where's Mitsuba?" in regards to that list.

However I am going to question how one can possible ignore Dio bloody Brando. That is shameful.

I didn't expect Gundam to get anyone on there because Gundam characters honestly suck, but that the ONLY mecha I saw represented was EVA was WRONG.

I remember there used to be a webring dedicated to hatred of C-ko.

I believe it. She blows.

....because it's not the same thing?

It's almost like saying "I didn't like FMP much, why the hell would I waste my time watching Fumoffu and TSR?"

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I see what you're trying to say, but I think your example is bad. If you didn't like the first season of FMP, chances are you wouldn't like The Second Raid. I'll give you Fumoffu, but even still, it's got the same cast, and I don't care about the cast of A-Ko enough to watch anything else with them in it.

So... I'm trading Kanons with TheBatman. I'm gonna watch this with a character named Kanon in it, and TheBatman is going to watch Kanon (2006).

The World God Only Knows 01

Gaming, sweeping, hurdling, buddy system and capturing evil loose souls by making girls fall in love. OK for a first episode. Both some funny and cute stuff.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 18 – Leam's Threat

I would still side with Mogamett, Scheherezarde comes across as being the bad one even if she is fighting for some idea of liberation from oppression and science over magic (why in a world of magic would one want science for WOMD?). Hearing the back and forth in the early stages was the highlight while the action felt a bit weak.

Hamatora - 5

Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu Ah Hu

Hamatora 5

bFv5WRH.gif

Besides this it was a fairly boring episode. And no surprise that the one girl who is probably a fan favorite happens to be so strong that even Nice-kun has trouble with her. How fucking cliche.

Let me spread my seed all over your rice field 1-4

Aside from the references and Kei (best char) this show has nothing. But I'll probably still watch it.

cajunator

Banned
So... I'm trading Kanons with TheBatman. I'm gonna watch this with a character named Kanon in it, and TheBatman is going to watch Kanon (2006).

Gaming, sweeping, hurdling, buddy system and capturing evil loose souls by making girls fall in love. OK for a first episode. Both some funny and cute stuff.

Youve chosen correctly!

You did good! The show starts off slow, I was indifferent with the first episode myself, but very glad I kept with it! It starts going full steam when the Kanon episodes start soon! ;D

Now, time for me to watch some Kanon (2006).

CorvoSol

Even though I think Mari is a psycho and a bitch, I think she and Gotoh should hook up because I can't bear to see him single anymore.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! The Movie: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday

Oh, so this is where all the NozomixCoco shipping got to in GoGo! Toei just drained it out of the series and pumped it into this movie instead.

THEY KISSED! THEY ACTUALLY KISSED ON SCREEN! FUCK YEAH!

But yeah, even aside from that, I really quite enjoyed this movie. Here is a selection of its notable features:

iblAOFI17wp8gJ.png

FUTARI WA COCONUTS!

ibsWTAVEwAT8hF.gif

Giant magic dango containing 0 calories? I want me some of that shit! And not just because mai waifu is eating it!

i98sLlgc3H4Jo.png

Chocolat is the most adorably precious movie-exclusive character ever.

inx7jFt8JYcMr.png

How precious?

ihhUZmo4xwwgX.png

THIS precious!

i8PLfHftlnFLi.png

A villain voiced by Ishida Akira? I'm not complaining. Even if I can only hear him as the dad from Kyousougiga.

iVMhvZcsbHJCF.png

I have a feeling DTL would like this guy.

ibUcMpPELqBzS.png

And here's their master, who has surprising amounts of swag for a guy named after tooth decay.

iowPoYu3BTESb.gif

This movie has some sweet animation (no pun intended)...

i8JGCeb4DYDyZ.png

…and even lightsabers being used for their intended purpose! (ie. not summoning giant roses)

ibb3W0MiskVpdy.png

I think he stole this one straight off a Star Wars set, though.

Verdict: Delicious/10, a satisfying way to tie up the series!

cajunator

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! The Movie: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday

Oh, so this is where all the NozomixCoco shipping got to in GoGo! Toei just drained it out of the series and pumped it into this movie instead.

THEY KISSED! THEY ACTUALLY KISSED ON SCREEN! FUCK YEAH!

But yeah, even aside from that, I really quite enjoyed this movie. Here is a selection of its notable features:

Verdict: Delicious/10, a satisfying way to tie up the series!

I like this.

survivor

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo* 5

I think I lost the ability to tell if this show is getting funnier or not. I think this episode was better than the previous one because I didn't feel like there were any long and drawn out skits, but who knows.

Hamatora Episode 5
tumblr_n0i0fi2f8R1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n0i0fi2f8R1qbxqfpo2_500.png

That was a fairly fun Hot Springs Episodes, clearing out all the females and making it a fantastic male only affair. So many good designs, and even Birthday and Ratio getting in on it too, and the Prince was really amazing design. Really fun case.

Plot stuff
this case grows even more complex, if he has an associate in this now too and no longer needing to take the brains out, and able to make a Minimum with no apparent bad effects, looks like its on track to be a rather deep case

The World God Only Knows 02

Oh my god. This whole episode is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. XD

New little sister, the next loose soul has been found and an unexpected twist at the end. Great episode. Love it.

Seitokai Yakuindomo Buttholes 5

Probably the more enjoyable of the episodes outside of the first one. It didn't even make me laugh out loud, I guess it was just the right amount of charm from the characters.

CorvoSol

Good thing I keep things seperated

Well yeah, I don't have family on my Twitter and I would definitely set up a different one for that.

Don't you just love the image preview?

Thumbnails are truly the comedy of errors of the internet.

Cute things are terrible.

Six letter words beginning with H and ending with I are not what I'd call cute, Buster Brown.

*That one annoyed little girl face Kirby always posts.jpg*

The World God Only Knows 02

Oh my god. This whole episode is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. XD

New little sister, the next loose soul has been found and an unexpected twist at the end. Great episode. Love it.

Keima's Mom is amaaaaazing! hahaha.

Just wait, she gets even better :D

I will never ever get used to the new Golden Time op :(

I like the beginning when it's slow, then the music when she's running up the stairs as it's timed with her steps, but it should stop after that.The very end of the opening is nice when the music slows again. Koko looks amazing in all her outfits during the opening though.

cajunator

Banned
Golden time 15

koko is a goddess. That hairstyle hnnnnnnnnnngh forever and ever. A bit of silliness in a rainstorm and then -

Watching episode 16 immediately

Buddy Complex Episode 5
tumblr_n0hcvdO0591qf159ro1_500.gif

The amazing thing that happens when buddys are in sync. The dialogue was still hilarious too considering rushing in, crashing into each other, and backing them up and being honest. Almost at least needed some blushing from Dio and it'd be even better.

Secondary crew deserves commendation for being all around good and hilarious people, and fairly memorable.

Gallant for best antagonist and the big moment with the plan was funny and awesome.

Dog & Scissors 9-10

Episode 10 was legitimately my very part of the show, if only for the
EPIC AUTHOR BATTLE OF HISTORY
. It was so over the top and ridiculous that I loved it. So much.

Hamatora

Started watching this show. Goes from bizarre and ridiculous to really creepy so quickly.

Episode 5 was hilarious. It was a nice way to do the usual hot springs episode but instead the fan service was for women.

Then it got creepy again.

Either way, really enjoying this series. Love the art style and character designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom