• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

RIP Evangelion. Please welcome your CWarrior overlords.

hkziV.jpg

Branduil

So, Escaflowne.

I'm about 8 episodes in and i'm pretty bored. The main trio of characters is pretty boring and i don't care for any of them. All the interesting things about the setting also pretty much disappeared or are ignored.
Maybe you just don't like anime any more.

Syrinx

K-ON! 5

Death Devil? Really? The old Light Music Club didn't even try coming up with an interesting name, did they?

And damn, Ritsu can be really mean to Mio when she's scared or freaked out, can't she? Though I'm not exactly sure what she was so freaked out over. It couldn't have been Yui's cut; Mio's certainly had similar cuts playing her bass. Her fingers even calloused over!

Welp, Ritsu dun goofed. Something tells me she ain't done dun goofin. And lolol, what was she doing following and scouting Sawako? Followin' her around with binoculars. Oh Ritsu, you and your weirdo antics. Okay that was kinda unexpected about Sawako. She was pretty hardcore running through the hall trying to get (and presumably destroy) that photo album. Her jumping through those hula-hoops was kinda over-the-top. You only need one person to carry those. HOLY FUCK, Sawako can fucking shred! Why's she gotta be so embarrassed about it though? Fucking Slayer's gotta be in their 50s now and they're still going strong. Okay, they haven't released anything as good as Reign in Blood or Seasons in the Abyss in a while, but I saw them a couple of years ago, and they still tear ass live...I'm rambling, aren't I? Well the point is, don't be ashamed, Sawako. They think you're one cool-ass babe now. Though what was up with those skulls with "peace" and shit? Those are kinda conflicting, dontcha think? Maybe that's the point, but I think it's kinda stupid. But that boy she liked was right, she was WAY over the top after awhile, walking around in viking horns and a cardboard-cutout mask.

Yui isn't quite in sync with the others yet, is she? Also, they just realized they don't have a singer. That seriously never occurred to you guys? Damn, Sawako was right to lay into you guys. She's pretty goddamn intense for somebody who seemed so elegant. Also, does Mugi have a crush on her? Cause it seems like Mugi has a crush on her. '

I don't think the band's going to get very far if they use Mio's shitty-ass lyrics. What does "Doki Doki" mean, anyway? (I feel like this is something I should know) Well, anyway, her lyrics suck, but they're using them. Apparently Yui's going to be the singer, even though she doesn't seem like much of a multitasker.

That was an...unexpected comment out of Mugi. "I was just thinking that girl-on-girl action is nice". That kinda came as a surprise, even though it was pretty clear she had a crush on Sawako. Does she mean something different than what I think she means?

Okay, now Mio's the singer. They're boned, aren't they?

Syrinx

Is it any worse than any metal name ever? lol

Ummm... that can be said for a lot of real life bands.

It's just so goddamn generic and uninspired though. I'm well aware of bands such as Dying Fetus and whatnot (though I don't listen to them), but at least they went with a completely psychotic WTF name instead of just saying, "Fuck it." Though I guess naming your band Dying Fetus is kinda saying "Fuck it" in it's own way.

It's just so goddamn generic and uninspired though. I'm well aware of bands such as Dying Fetus and whatnot (though I don't listen to them), but at least they went with a completely psychotic WTF name instead of just saying, "Fuck it." Though I guess naming your band Dying Fetus is kinda saying "Fuck it" in it's own way.

K-On's target audience: Not the German Heavy Metal enthusiasts

Defuser

Magi ep 13
New ED suck balls due to the terribleness of Koeda singing. How did Ryo managed to pick up such a terrible voice out of the many auditions.

Nice Alibaba and Mor fights there is some fairy tail slideshow parts in it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sakurasou 02:

In a show full of best girls, I have to give Misaki the edge. Hot. Damn.

Actually, "Hot damn!" pretty much applies everywhere in this show tbh. I feel you MC, I know what it's like to feel so inferior in the presence of true geniuses. ;_;

Syrinx

K-On's target audience: Not the German Heavy Metal enthusiasts

I'm not saying Sawako should have named her band Dying Fetus or anything like that. It's just...I could picture the writer's room as they were crafting the scene, and one of them goes, "Okay, so we have it established that Sawako was in some metal band when she was in the light music club. Now we need to come up with a name for her band. Hmm, okay, what's metal...death...the devil...AHA! I'VE GOT IT!"

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sakurasou 02:

Actually, "Hot damn!" pretty much applies everywhere in this show tbh. I feel you MC, I know what it's like to feel so inferior in the presence of true geniuses. ;_;

You mention the girls when you can discuss the humor? WHY?!

Kazzy

K-ON! 5

Sawako was right to lay into you guys. She's pretty goddamn intense for somebody who seemed so elegant. Also, does Mugi have a crush on her? Cause it seems like Mugi has a crush on her. '

That was an...unexpected comment out of Mugi. "I was just thinking that girl-on-girl action is nice". That kinda came as a surprise, even though it was pretty clear she had a crush on Sawako. Does she mean something different than what I think she means?

A lot of the fandom certainly support that theory!

No, it means exactly what you think it means.

K-ON! 5

Death Devil? Really? The old Light Music Club didn't even try coming up with an interesting name, did they?

And damn, Ritsu can be really mean to Mio when she's scared or freaked out, can't she? Though I'm not exactly sure what she was so freaked out over. It couldn't have been Yui's cut; Mio's certainly had similar cuts playing her bass. Her fingers even calloused over!

Welp, Ritsu dun goofed. Something tells me she ain't done dun goofin. And lolol, what was she doing following and scouting Sawako? Followin' her around with binoculars. Oh Ritsu, you and your weirdo antics. Okay that was kinda unexpected about Sawako. She was pretty hardcore running through the hall trying to get (and presumably destroy) that photo album. Her jumping through those hula-hoops was kinda over-the-top. You only need one person to carry those. HOLY FUCK, Sawako can fucking shred! Why's she gotta be so embarrassed about it though? Fucking Slayer's gotta be in their 50s now and they're still going strong. Okay, they haven't released anything as good as Reign in Blood or Seasons in the Abyss in a while, but I saw them a couple of years ago, and they still tear ass live...I'm rambling, aren't I? Well the point is, don't be ashamed, Sawako. They think you're one cool-ass babe now. Though what was up with those skulls with "peace" and shit? Those are kinda conflicting, dontcha think? Maybe that's the point, but I think it's kinda stupid. But that boy she liked was right, she was WAY over the top after awhile, walking around in viking horns and a cardboard-cutout mask.

Yui isn't quite in sync with the others yet, is she? Also, they just realized they don't have a singer. That seriously never occurred to you guys? Damn, Sawako was right to lay into you guys. She's pretty goddamn intense for somebody who seemed so elegant. Also, does Mugi have a crush on her? Cause it seems like Mugi has a crush on her. '

I don't think the band's going to get very far if they use Mio's shitty-ass lyrics. What does "Doki Doki" mean, anyway? (I feel like this is something I should know) Well, anyway, her lyrics suck, but they're using them. Apparently Yui's going to be the singer, even though she doesn't seem like much of a multitasker.

Okay, now Mio's the singer. They're boned, aren't they?

The next episode is really good.
Because After-School Tea Time is the zeitgeist of the youth movement.

SPOILERS!! They haven't named the band yet!

Sakurasou 02:

Interested to see what your further impressions will be. Had to drop it due to not having enough time but I might come back to it later.

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 11 I once watched a French drama about two men who murdered a hunchback, whose daughter later sought revenge upon them. One of these men fell in love with her and took a ribbon of hers and literally sewed it into a wound in his body.

Flit fondling Yurin's ribbon reminded me of that just now. Women, please do not give me your ribbons.

No, I will not ship Woolf x Millie. Even if Lagran is totes Nice Guyin' it up for her. And I am sorta fed up with Flit telling grown men what to do. Like, kid, you are not Jesus Yamato, you don't get to teach Doctors when you're a boy.

And Flit x Yurin is blaaaaaaand. Like, it isn't Stella x Shinn bad, but it is soooo blaaaand. Poor Not-Frau-Bow, getting friendzoned like this.

Question: are women in Japan clingy or something? In anime there's always some dumb woman claiming she's gonna be left alone again while her man marches off to war. Like, GIRL, he don't wanna ditch you, but he has a war to fight, nowutmsayin'?

But Grodek is legit the only good character in the show, manipulating Flit like nobody's bidness, and the rest of the crew with him.

So I've been on an anime spree lately, might as well put down some reviews for archiving purposes.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 01-12

Really enjoyable anime. Hilarious and a decent plot, really enjoyed how it centered on "8th Grader Syndrome" (the time in middle school were imaginations were wild and people were stuck up in fantastical delusions) that many people go through.

Toradora! 01-25

One of the best animes I've watched. Plot is decent and the humor is good but the real aspect is the characters (tsundere ftw) which the show is known for. Based on high school students so expect high school silliness but the show is self-aware of its inherent immaturity and builds off it to make it a mature anime.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 01-12

I admit I've initially caught on to this anime due to the catchy opening. It's not the best anime nor is it the worst, a bit above average imo. At this point only half of it is aired but it's watchable with a couple of funny moments, personally will wait for the second half and rate it again. For now its enjoyable and the group of friends living in the same apartment complex is an interesting theme.

Syrinx

Mugi is the token (fake?) lesbian, though obviously that never goes anywhere. Also the teacher is a pervert.

There are of course never any dudes of interest on the show so as to keep the :SDBurton shipping options open and infinite.

By teacher, do you mean Sawako? Or somebody else?

And yeah, Mugi's comment about girl-on-girl action was pretty out of left field. I was like, "Wut?" Are you saying that Mugi's lesbian-ness is just thrown in there to placate the target audience? That's kinda lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom