• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Kotoura-san ep 4

This feels like a final episode, no depressing shit this time. Now all is left is the mother problems....

This onslaught of Precure newbies is making me want to check everything I've missed in order, but that's gonna be difficult considering I want to do a rewatch of Heartcatch while DokiDoki airs, and also the fact that I'm gonna be watching Sailor Moon around the same time.
you should pay attention and never overdose ..overdosing the precure ( or any similar show ) will result in an unability to enjoy this kind of content for a long time.
I've never heard of this. Can I kick arse with Marine?
the first dx movie was made when fresh was starting ..so no heartcatch.
I'm not aware if they made a sequel to that game for other movies or series.

Gundam AGE Episode 29 "Don't stop me now!"

So many many years passed by since...whatever happened last episode and now we have a new protagonist! Kio is a kid with Newtype Magic™ or X Rounder Magic™ whatever you prefer, who is the spawn of Asemu and Romary.

Flit is still the same loving, caring person you've always known him as.
In that he doesn't care about anyone as long as they can kill Vegans.
As a birthday present to his grandson he got him an 'MS Battle Simulator' because
eventually the Gundam AGE-3 would be exactly the same as it.
he's a nice caring person!

Oh and the Vegans have infiltrated the Earth and are invading! Shocker! Luckily the Gundam AGE-3 is here the best mobile suit ever made
that is looks like ZZ Gundam but is insulting to the ZZ Gundam
in any Gundam series.

Also Zeheart has this new mobile suit too it
is a weird fusion of the Deathscythe Hell Gundam, a Gelgoog and one of the Vegan's mobile suits. Their lack of creativity
is amazing!

I love
taking the mickey out of
this show.
And then you have it ...when i saw this episode i just lost it ...
I couldn't watch more ..i took a break..
Every warning sign was on with the siren screaming " get the hell out" .( in my mind )
So i stopped and waited until he serie was done to watch the rest.
Ep 29 is just ..."horrible".

Then when i saw the last episode airing , i watched the rest in one go ...

huge-mistake.gif

Got in some Kokoro Connect stuff.
Nice stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Kotoura-san ep 4

This feels like a final episode, no depressing shit this time. Now all is left is the mother problems....
Good, they gave Kotoura a break from the shitty trauma. Shes such a sweetie. The show has done a really good job making me care about her.

Kagami

Hello guys, i'm new to this forum :)
Months ago i started to watch precure series for the first time, and obviously from the start: futari wa precure. I also watched precure movies, last one was the yes! gogo one, cause i'm still finishing yes! precure 5 gogo series...oh i want a serious precure game so bad, like precure musou or something like raging blast or naruto storm.
Right now i'm also watching kotoura-san, tamako market, senran kagura (i already finished 3ds games :D) and boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai NEXT

Welcome!
I'm watching Kotoura, Tamako, and Haganai NEXT, too.

mAcOdIn

As it was stated earlier, Azunyan is 17 (and 18 in the manga now I believe). By most standards that is easily considered a young lady. From a medical perspective she is obviously post-menarche, and if seduced properly, Azunyan would be physically capable of giving you an evening filled with wonders. Of course she maintains her petite figure and youthful appearance, most likely due to genetics, so it would be impossible to blame anybody for wanting to impregnate her.
Is there such a thing as an improper seduction?

And I don't read K-on, got no idea of her age in the manga, but under no circumstance can I consider someone with -nyan appended to her name and needs to be "seduced" to engage in intimate behavior a woman.

Also, up until now you were totally a sexual Triumph the insult dog.

Jarmel

Banned
Zetsuen Tempest 16-

Either the characters in this show are idiots or Yoshino is the smartest character I've ever seen in any form of fiction. Christ if he's that scheming then he fucking puts Lelouch to shame.

Also despite how bad Psycho-Pass is with the scifi authors, it feels better than the bullshit quoting of Hamlet. I'm also getting sick of seeing Aika. The flashbacks aren't really serving a purpose anymore other than to waste time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is there such a thing as an improper seduction?
Anything shorter than a year-long courtship period involving nothing lewder than hand holding and sheepishly asking for your partner's hand before the consummation of vows in holy matrimony is improper seduction.

Syrinx

Black Lagoon 1

So, uh, Rock sure got Stockholm Syndrome fairly quickly. Though I suppose he is a miserable, maltreated businessman (whose company left him for dead just to protect a secret...though it is a pretty damning secret) with nothing in his life whatsoever. And he did try to back out of it as soon as that gunship came for them.

Revy is fucking insane. That's all I think needs to be said about her.

This is probably gonna be the darkest anime I've seen. But...I don't know. Something about the writing is turning me off. Things like Rock thinking that Dutch was the only person in the world he could trust right after he, you know, kidnapped his ass. And lines like "This isn't good! In fact, it is very bad!" I kinda get the impression that this show's reputation could be coming from it's darkness and it being a "cool" anime, rather than necessarily being quality.

I dunno. We'll see.

GINTAMA 249-252 " We're so sorry"
i can't believe i've watched those episodes.

The team animating/adapting gintama is something else..
Let me give you an example:

Gintama%20-%20250.jpg

Look on the bottom left of the picture.

See this ? it's a simple shot of this scene .. now instead of doing a close-up to provide detail on everyone faces or any other angle to better see things , the clever guys choose this angle .. with a convenient cat on the roof of that house. it's not that good animated and it lack details , but they try to trick the viewer by nicely animating the cat on the roof.

it's easier to animate a cat on a roof rather than 5 character talking ! Clever guys.

Ep 249 was alright , i enjoyed that shikigami so i'm glad to see her back for this episode.
Ep 250 was better with some nice jokes and more familliar faces teh amount of trickery they put into doing everything was silly
Ep 251 wasn't great.. no offense kotatsu but it was boring.

EP 252 , however was a nice gigantic troll.
Gintama%20-%20252_01.jpg

I ...don't care ???

Fake preview or not ..i already had my fill of fakes gintama end of seasons. Still this one was better than the others because you trully see how the cast of gintama is strong , strong enough to do anything.. and that everyone the author included , not afraid to reflect on ....

Reflect ?
Gintama%20-%20252_02.jpg

In 50 episodes you could only do 1 freaking episode with him ?

Screw that they're not reflecting on anything , it's crazy how they can mock everything in sight that way.

-------
About the gintama 2011 run

Those 50 episodes was a very nice ride.
i got a awesome HD reboot , the 4 diva arc ...
I don't know if Ep 206 was a filler or not but it was genuily good , especially when i don't like catherine character that much.. it freaking worked.
The 4 diva arc was freaking legendary. and the 215 episode happenned .i was hyped for more awesome and then ...

i guess i have to wait guys , right , right ?
Anyway thinking back i got another food mind battle episode that was pretty good , a elisabeth arc with star wars, star trek, gundam and super robot references every step of the way.

The love plus & the sket dance episodes were nice , very nice even.

The 239/240 trolling episodes were indeed golden in their own way and the thorn arc openned the floodgates for more epic to come ( i hope it will come dammit !! ).

No really gintama is gintama-tier when it comes to comedy. Each character is freaking unique and the amount of awesomeness is unmatched by many many other series.

VERDICT ( 249-252 ) : GOOD
VERDICT ( season ) : AWESOME

How the heck can they get away with this :

Gintama%20-%20252_03.jpg

Yes it's a smile precure parody.
I just don't know ..

Now a little break before watching more gintama

duckroll

Zetsuen Tempest 16-

Either the characters in this show are idiots or Yoshino is the smartest character I've ever seen in any form of fiction. Christ if he's that scheming then he fucking puts Lelouch to shame.

Maybe it's neither. Maybe the real idiots are people still watching the show. Looool.

cajunator

Banned
Black Lagoon 1

So, uh, Rock sure got Stockholm Syndrome fairly quickly. Though I suppose he is a miserable, maltreated businessman (whose company left him for dead just to protect a secret...though it is a pretty damning secret) with nothing in his life whatsoever. And he did try to back out of it as soon as that gunship came for them.

Revy is fucking insane. That's all I think needs to be said about her.

This is probably gonna be the darkest anime I've seen. But...I don't know. Something about the writing is turning me off. Things like Rock thinking that Dutch was the only person in the world he could trust right after he, you know, kidnapped his ass. And lines like "This isn't good! In fact, it is very bad!" I kinda get the impression that this show's reputation could be coming from it's darkness and it being a "cool" anime, rather than necessarily being quality.

I dunno. We'll see.
The fucking reputation of black fucking lagoon is that the fucking show likes to fucking us a specific fucking expletive guite fucking often. Revy is fucking crazy too. Can you fucking guess what expletive it fucking uses?

Jarmel

Banned
I'm also fully expecting Aika to be the Mage of Exodus at this point and somehow planned all these events before her death, which was a suicide.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kotoura-san 4

Did anyone else find some of the dialogue in this episode...off-putting? Some of the parts with her grandpa were straight-up uncomfortable.

That said, this really did feel like a final episode. Hopefully now we can have a few nice slice-of-life episodes before we start dealing with the inevitable return of Kotoura's mother (come on, you know it's coming).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm also fully expecting Aika to be the Mage of Exodus at this point and somehow planned all these events before her death, which was a suicide.

That's really the only way that the show can be saved at this point.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
HeartCatch Precure - 49 [END]

Wow, what a ride this was. I decided to give this show a shot after doing a back to back of Suite and Fresh while watching Smile Precure on the side. Out of those three, I really thought Smile would end up being the #1 Precure show in my book. Then HeartCatch happened. Regulus Tera, MadPierrot, and others continued to preach that HeartCatch was the end all be all of Precures and that nothing in the past nor anything in the present has topped it. They weren't wrong. While the story was great, it was the characters that brought it to life. From what I've seen so far from the Precure series there has not been a character like Erika. Ever. Her pushy, energetic, mischievous nature was lovable and endearing and she never failed to make me smile when the opportunity was available. We're talking about someone who had the responsibility of protecting the world and would try to use one of her magical items to clean her room for convenience. How absurd is that?! Pairing her up with Tsubomi, an introverted wallflower made for a duo that blossomed into one of the most touching friendships I've seen.

The villains were fucking great. They had an appeal to them where I wouldn't be irritated or bored when they made their appearance, unlike the music trio goons from Suite. More importantly, and this is something that made mention of recently, they looked out for each other! Sure early one they would smack talk one another when their plans got squashed but as the season progressed you saw them slowly but surely develop a sense of comradarie of fighting for the same cause. The glare Kumojacky and Cobraja gave the Precures after
Sasorina gave her tearful farewell
that moment was genuine and powerful. That scene really was the mark of the endgame to start and it led nicely into the following events. And speaking about the end, this season actually had one that was satisfying!

Considering that Smile Precure was the show that started it all for me, I was quite okay giving it the edge of preference over the others. But after completing HeartCatch, I'd be lying to myself if I didn't voice the others and say it's without a doubt the best in the series.

Show Rank

1. HeartCatch Precure
  2. Smile Precure
  3. Fresh Precure
  4. Suite Precure

Congrats HeartCatch Precure, you've made me a traitor of my Smile heritage.

Now I need to decide which Precure season to watch next. :lol

And you guys are saying that the show doesn't make sense , when people are reaching this kind of theories ? Lol

you guys should watch untill the end to see if your theories are right or not ? :p

EVIL LAUGH

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kotoura-san 4

Did anyone else find some of the dialogue in this episode...off-putting? Some of the parts with her grandpa were straight-up uncomfortable.

That said, this really did feel like a final episode. Hopefully now we can have a few nice slice-of-life episodes before we start dealing with the inevitable return of Kotoura's mother (come on, you know it's coming).

Because fuck getting end-of-page'd on episode impressions, dammit.

duckroll

And you guys are saying that the show doesn't make sense , when people are reaching this kind of theories ? Lol

I dunno about others, but I never said Zetsuen doesn't make sense, I just said it was stupid. And it is. Extremely stupid. The stupidest thing about it is the decision to faithfully follow the rest of the manga, which gets even stupider.

Vividred Operation 4

This episode was MUCH better than last week's in terms of pacing. Himawari's intro and gaining her mahou kagaku shoujo powers was split into mostly equal halves instead of a super rushed as fuck one like Wakaba's.
Next we get a Rei episode, and it looks incredibly DEEP and makes her seem even more like HomuHomu. Maybe some proper backstory, both physically and the other kind.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I dunno about others, but I never said Zetsuen doesn't make sense, I just said it was stupid. And it is. Extremely stupid. The stupidest thing about it is the decision to faithfully follow the rest of the manga, which gets even stupider.

Can't wait for more Yoshino. lololololol.

Considering they had material to adapt , i don't know why they should have gone on an original anime route. Content is content , after all.

Do not check spoiler if you really do not want to know

why did you have to tell , kayos ! it's not fun , now

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just the standard prank of popping the disc into your BD player only to discover that there are two episodes on it.
They should have had a vocal track with the pranked guy doing ALL the voices.

Kotoura-san 4

Every episode is off putting, but in a hilarious way. lol
Based on the OP, I can see some more wacky tone-shifts coming along.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now I need to decide which Precure season to watch next. :lol

Not Yes 5. It's really mediocre. I'm ecstatic that you loved Heartcatch, though! Your preference rankings match mine perfectly so far.

If I can work up the motivation to finish SuperS I'd probably simul-watch Futari wa with you and Regulus if we could all just get on some kind of general timetable established.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You did it. I'm so proud of you.

Thanks! You were the driving force of moving forward and I'm so glad I did!

Okay, but where's your Cure ranking? You need to rank every Cure.

Oh man that's going to take a bit. I already know Cure Pine and Cure Muse would be at the bottom. :lol

Fuck no, you haven't watched the movie yet!

I'll probably watch it tonight! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom