• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I think the thing that jumps out immediately about the sales is the correlation to quality or lack thereof. The ratio of crap-to-good is almost the same in every tier.

Seeing as how quality is largely subjective, especially in something like anime (where some would argue there is no real quality at all), that doesn't seem very meaningful.

OceanBlue

Just meant that either the DVD or BD failed to ever chart for that series, and the numbers were one-format only.

Do you happen to know if any series went BD only this year? I remember hearing about a few in 2011, but I haven't been paying as much attention this year so I have no clue.

Edit: Whelp, I'm dumb. Ignore me, lol. It's on the list you gave. I see Horizon went BD only.

wonzo

Banned
who needs fat mayaka when you can have swole mayaka instead:

27445286_p0.jpg

32387017.jpg

fertygo

I think the thing that jumps out immediately about the sales is the correlation to quality or lack thereof. The ratio of crap-to-good is almost the same in every tier.

Those that are in 1000-2999 are pretty accurate though.

And some that in "barely" selling list have special circumstances and maybe don't care much with disc sales.

OceanBlue

Love Plus is AnimeGAF-related, right?
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/06/new-loveplus-creators-open-teaser-site-with-new-heroines/
image_thumb8.png

New LovePlus producer Akira Uchida and LovePlus artist Mino Taro have a new project in the pipeline. A teaser site says the two LovePlus creators bring new heroines to life in early spring.

Is the LovePlus team making a new dating sim? If so what platform(s) will the game be on? The teaser site is pretty empty at the moment with most of the heroines hidden as silhouettes.

New tomboy sucks. Rinko is far superior.

Jintor

I know I've fallen back down the anime wormhole when i'm seriously considering seeing if love plus is a thing i'm interested in

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mouryou no Hako 5

Who'd have thought freaking
psychics
would be the ones to shine some light on this show's nonsense?
At least we now understand Kanako's backstory. Some of it, that is.

He's taunting us, isn't he?

And I just remembered something.
The show successfully distracted me from the fact that it was obviously Yoriko that pushed Kanako back in the first episode, but now I'm back in the game. They won't trick me again.

OceanBlue

I know I've fallen back down the anime wormhole when i'm seriously considering seeing if love plus is a thing i'm interested in

To be honest, I thought I'd be obsessed with it but I got tired of it pretty quickly. I played for around two to three weeks every day and I felt that the sense of progression in the game was pretty poor for the amount of dedication I put into it. Not only that, but dating became irksome because you get to the point where your date continuously asks for kisses and I found them a chore to do.

I dunno. Maybe I was playing it wrong. I might've let myself get burnt out.

jgminto

I've been really slacking this week. Have a lot going on outside of anime and the only new anime I've watched has been JJBA and Inferno Cop. It's not like you need to watch anything else but still. I also watched Wandering Son 5. Saori's friend seems like a real wanker. It's still great.

Jintor

To be honest, I thought I'd be obsessed with it but I got tired of it pretty quickly. I played for around two to three weeks every day and I felt that the sense of progression in the game was pretty poor for the amount of dedication I put into it. Not only that, but dating became irksome because you get to the point where your date continuously asks for kisses and I found them a chore to do.

I dunno. Maybe I was playing it wrong. I might've let myself get burnt out.

Sounds like I'd be better off waiting to see if Harvest Moon is gonna be any good

OceanBlue

Six new characters? Then again, it might just be a new set of manga series or something.

It might be. If it were a game, I'd hope there remains a lot of content between the six characters. More importantly, the Love Plus girls remained fairly normal despite having obvious personality differences. I hope they don't exaggerate traits too much to differentiate between the six characters to the point where it becomes a little ridiculous.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been busy trying to find a job and stuff so I haven't been posting that often. Sorry for not making this thread move fast enough.
But I thought your job was to post here and write articles for The Gaming Vault and RPGSite.

Please , he just finished gundam age , let one's mind to rest a little before going on another journey !
Nyanpire is considered bad? I thought it was so-so. Wasn't exactly offensive material.

And to address the subject of School Days that was brought up on page 122 such as it is great writing or even great trolling I'd like to disagree. One, the ending actually delivered what people wanted. If it had gone another way I would have classed it as great trolling. Also it was a pretty predictable show, well at least for me it was. Though I suppose it was predictable in a "I can't believe they actually went in that direction" sort of way. It just happened to have a cast of idiots and one of the most unlikable MC ever. If that's great writing then hats off to them.

OceanBlue

Sounds like I'd be better off waiting to see if Harvest Moon is gonna be any good

Well, maybe you should give it a try, lol. I have a bad tendency of losing interest in games (and other things) quickly, so me dropping Love Plus isn't especially noteworthy. I stopped playing ToG:F before the final boss (I assume) because I didn't really care to see where it was going. I still need to get most of the endings for Atelier Totori, beat Atelier Meruru, and beat Disgaea 4 too.

Man, this is depressing to think about.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well, maybe you should give it a try, lol. I have a bad tendency of losing interest in games (and other things) quickly, so me dropping Love Plus isn't especially noteworthy. I stopped playing ToG:F before the final boss (I assume) because I didn't really care to see where it was going. I still need to get most of the endings for Atelier Totori, beat Atelier Meruru, and beat Disgaea 4 too.

Man, this is depressing to think about.

Sounds like you have a million hours of gaming time ahead of you, haha.

Jintor

I might grab FFVI before the sale ends just to throw on the backlog. I just started FFVII, lol... christ.

One day ALL the Disgaea games will come to PSN and I can finally get through them. I'm really tempted just to buy the artbook next time I head into the city and just put it aside until I play the games...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tomorow I'll finish Diebuster. Should I go for Girls und panzer or School Days first as replacement?
How about you just forget School Days actually exists. Take into account my vote is worth 50.

I like to hang on to a specific avatar because I know, for me, it's easier to recognize people with that visual cue.
I'm better with avatars than I am usernames (much like I'm better with face than I am names). I used to change my avatar a lot but now I seem to have become stuck with Akari. It was only meant to be a brief stint to.

I also use it as a representation of what I would like to be and tend to see people's avatar in this way too. If the eyes are the mirror of the soul, then the avatar is the mirror of the wanna-have soul.
If my avatar mirrors my wanna-have soul I wonder what going from avatars of Wario, Solid Snake and Mr T to eventually Akari indicates.

Organized avatar themes should really happen more often.
Everyone adopts an 0048er to show their support!

London Anime Club: Members: 150+
Yeah... that's far too many to be welcoming. And what is the betting my tastes wouldn't match a single one of them.

Articalys

Oh, more details on that triple Shonen Jump crossover already.
On Wednesday, Toei Animation revealed the cast and story for the "Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Chō Collaboration Special!!" airing on April 7. Toriko's International Gourmet Organization has sponsored "Tenkaichi Shokuōkai," a merciless race with no rules (and a nod to Dragon Ball Z's Tenkaichi Budōkai tournament). The showdown may determine the strongest of the three franchises' leads: Toriko, Goku, or Luffy.

The special will feature the following cast of characters:

Toriko: Toriko, Sunny, Zebra, Coco (the "Four Heavenly King" Gourmet Hunters), Komatsu, Rin, Setsuno
One Piece: Luffy, Nami, Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, Franky, Robin, Usopp
Dragon Ball Z: Goku, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Kame Sennin, Android No. 18, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krilin, Announcer, Mr. Satan

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

OceanBlue

GJ-bu 3-4

The "prank" they pulled at episode three doesn't sit well with me at all. In fact, the amount of near-bullying the MC gets, primarily from the annoying loli, bothers me. He needs to find a better group of friends, or at least ditch the loli. Megumi is cute though.

I don't usually have such a negative reaction to anime characters who aren't Itou Makoto (well, Makoto is in an entirely different league compared to this), but this loli is a jerk. I don't think she's shown a single redeeming personality trait so far.

If my avatar mirrors my wanna-have soul I wonder what going from avatars of Wario, Solid Snake and Mr T to eventually Akari indicates.

It might not be all, but at least it represents a dominent trait.

Wario > Irrespect, not so serious rebel
Solid Snake > I'm D4rk and mature, lol
Mr. T > I'm a badass gangsta, but only when mom's let me go out. She doesn'y agree to tattoo, too :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think it was more "oh look I can make an animated gif from this latest trailer isn't that novel" (Wario from a Brawl one, Snake from a MGS4 one advertising a drink and Mr. T from a Snickers ad).

snakeenergydrink.gif

Terrible loop. Everything you hate from animated avatars. I should have just cut the beginning frames out.

Looking at this old Photobucket account I eventually settled on Captain Falcon for a brief stint (mostly because I used it on another site), then macho Tingle (which I can't go back to since someone else uses it now), but the first avatar I really settled with was Cruelcumber from Dragon Quest 9. Should not that they were all still images.

cruelav.png

Look at that cheeky face. Shame about the white background mind.

So all I can get from this is that I was rather scatterbrained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom