• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amnesia 5
tumblr_mhsvlo2agY1rsb5yro2_500.gif

Ikki's eyes are pretty mesmerizing. Constantly baffled how she isn't falling for any of these characters. I did like how my favorite character has gone the farthest.
Shin actually did score a kiss or two. Hope Toma when his turn comes does as well.
Best moment:
Orion returning and speaking, why couldnt he be main character and change up this genre

Shin's was definitely a bit more emotional.

Ultimadrago

Thank you.
iIDvQ2DmBT74a.png

I can hear her laugh right now.

Different releases (digital or whatever) of their movies come and go, but the books from Ghibli THE ART Series (ジブリTHE ARTシリーズ) remain the same... as beautiful as ever throughout all the editions, been and to come:

Halcyon Realms – Animation.Film.Photography and Art Book Reviews » » The Art Of Porco Rosso Book Review
http://halcyonrealms.com/animation/the-art-of-porco-rosso-book-review/

I was just looking for hardcover artbooks too! As always, your posting is much appreciated /XX/.
Porco Rosso is great, I won't be passing this book up.

Hyouka 11
Mxlbv7C.png

ku ku ku~
Ha, suck it Oreki. You got duped. Such a satisfying feeling.
They sure take this amateur film thing pretty seriously. But man, I'm on Irisu's side on this, the original story was awful. What's the point of having a
locked room mystery if you can just ask the victim what happened
? It's probably a metaphor for how they could have just asked the writer about it all in the first place. God damn. Was she actually even sick?
I hope to see more of Irisu in the future, I wanna see her dupe Oreki again.
Next episode is 11.5! I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 5

Not as good as episode 4...but it did have its moments especially the end. Backstory was kind of a bit dull.
totally thought the girl he saved was the girl with the crew in the present day

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Disappointed her floaters aren't also shaped like mochi.

Kazzy

Hyouka 11

God damn. Was she actually even sick?

No,
it was all a ruse to get Oreki to write the final script. Hongou wrote the original draft as she intended, despite going against the majority vote about how it should end (there is a reference to how she dislikes deaths in her stories). The main crux of the mystery begins when Hongou falls 'ill', and the script/film is left unfinished. Though in reality, it is all one big effort to save face on Hongou's part, having now become guilty about going against her classmates wishes.

Irisu is all too willing to indulge her request, devising the illness story, but this is all just more of a happy coincidence. Her main goal is just to end up with a more appealing film, one Hongou was never going to deliver on.

On the face of it, all of this seems reasonable enough. It's just that when Oreki realizes the how callously they have all been manipulated, he (understandably) loses it with Irisu.

If this was a rhetorical question, oh well. And I may be glossing over certain details, but it has been a while!

Disappointed her floaters aren't also shaped like mochi.
No, but it looks like Midori's are.
No,
it was all a ruse to get Oreki to write the final script. Hongou wrote the original draft as she intended, despite going against the majority vote about how it should end (there is a reference to how she dislikes deaths in her stories). The main crux of the mystery begins when Hongou falls 'ill', and the script/film is left unfinished. Though in reality, it is all one big effort to save face on Hongou's part, having now become guilty about going against her classmates wishes.

Irisu is all too willing to indulge her request, devising the illness story, but this is all just more of a happy coincidence. Her main goal is just to end up with a more appealing film, one Hongou was never going to deliver on.

On the face of it, all of this seems reasonable enough. It's just that when Oreki realizes the how callously they have all been manipulated, he (understandably) loses it with Irisu.

If this was a rhetorical question, oh well. And I may be glossing over certain details, but it has been a while!

The lesson here is just fucking ask. Oreki is an idiot.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This URL links with their current avatar. BUT it doesn't progress forward with every post so I assume it encodes the date of creation. You strip it and get the current avatar. You put a random string and you get the current avatar. The only way to get an avatar history AFAIK, would be to toss together a script to catch the dateline changes so you know the exact dateline of their past avatars.
This is not the case. Given the overhead involved in processing a code-generated web page and serving image assets like avatars, websites today cache and reuse what they can. Your web browser rarely makes the servers go back to the actual database to get an avatar. The purpose of the dateline is to ensure that when a new avatar is uploaded distributed content services and web browser caches don't keep using the old one, because the URL has changed.

This is not the case. The purpose of the dateline is to ensure that when a new avatar is uploaded distributed content services and web browser caches don't keep using the old one, because the URL has changed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure when you avatar quote them in a post and they later change it, that posts gets changed to the newer avatar.

Ultimadrago

Ultimadrago

The iDOLM@STER 19

eatslike6huqs.png
takanepolicehnk2z.png

Left: 6th place eats like a pig!
Right:
"Actually, I specialize in humor."
was actually a pretty nifty line coming from her!

Well, this was not as good as the previous two episodes by a long ways. To put it short, it's a "Takane Stalker" special episode with the man starting the train looking like an old orphan from Oliver Twist who has
a black-belt in judo
. BGBW would be proud. As amusing as it all might sound, it doesn't make for a solid character chapter nor a notable episode. Well, I knew the streak couldn't last forever! It seems Chihaya is up next. I wonder how it'll turn out.

Current Official Rankings (I doubt it will change much, but who knows):

Iori
Ritsuko
Hibiki
Azusa
Makoto
Takane
Haruka
Chihaya
Ami
Mami
Yayoi
Miki
Yukiho

producerzrzs9.png

Bad Producer! Bad!

Ultimadrago

Put everyone else lower then. Problem solved!

That's what I did!

Unless you mean drop the current first place to the second place spot, shifting everyone else down a place which leaves no one in the No.1 spot!
That would make Jexhius' ranking of: "There are no good idols." the new list!

Then put your list in reverse order!

Absurd!

No idol list worth its salt is in reverse order!

Makoto is too low.

She recently went up a spot. What more do you ask of me?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The iDOLM@STER 19

Well, this was not as good as the previous two episodes by a long ways. To put it short, it's a "Takane Stalker" special episode with the man starting the train looking like an old orphan from Oliver Twist who has
a black-belt in judo
. BGBW would be proud. As amusing as it all might sound, it doesn't make for a solid character chapter nor a notable episode. Well, I knew the streak couldn't last forever! It seems Chihaya is up next. I wonder how it'll turn out.

Current Official Rankings (I doubt it will change much, but who knows):

Iori
Ritsuko
Hibiki
Azusa
Makoto
Takane
Haruka
Chihaya
Ami
Mami
Yayoi
Miki
Yukiho

Makoto is so far down your list...

I thought I knew you. I thought we were buddies. Lies lies and more lies :(

trejo

Never knew Ultimabro was such a fan of them kugilolis but at least Hibiki is up there so I'll let it slide.

Which one's Ritsuko?

Straight Title Robot Anime 1
tumblr_mht7j0dMSH1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mht7dvnkWJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mht7x909Ny1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Would probably be better if it were all action instead of just three "moe" robots trying to explore what it means to laugh. Really atrocious ground textures and explosions seemed kind of charming in their own way, really mixed feelings on the visual direction using this style for the mecha fights briefly shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom