• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Oh, is that what's happening? Damn.

Just... cut a hole in the box.

M6AE64R.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
You know how I said I'd start as soon as I finished Code: Breaker?

I, uh, lied.

Idolm@ster Episode 1

Decided to give this a shot, since everyone else is. Also because it's on Crunchyroll. It was... alright. There are a lot of characters to keep track of (I almost feel like this is too much), and cutting it like a reality TV show was a fairly inspired way of introducing them in a somewhat organic fashion. That's not to say that all of the characters left particularly good impressions on me (or any impression at all, really), but it felt like a smart, if not very nuanced way to approach such a huge cast. That all out of the way, I can say for certain this show is extremely well produced. I mean, it's harder to appreciate going from Tamako Market to this, but it's definitely well animated and I didn't notice any issues regarding off-model frames. I actually quite like the art style, too.

Wasn't keen on a lot of the jokes/antics. Some of it felt pretty standard, and the stuff wih ponytail fang girl's hamster was not setting my world on fire at all. Not that much happened, and unlike some other shows where that might apply, I don't think it's got the necessary chemistry or interesting enough character dynamics to fall back on in the place of 'actual events'. Some of the characters are definitely quite likable, though.

Speaking of which, as far as my tiers go, I think I like Chihaya, Makoto, and the sleepy blonde (Miki, right?) the best. Most of the others just... didn't leave that much of an impact on me. The others, well, they made worse than that. In particular, the twins, Ami and Mami. They are just really annoying characters. I'm also not a fan of Iori or Yukiho either. I'm not that fond of Iori's disposition thus far (though maybe that will change), and I can see Yukiho's archetype and character arc from a mile away. I'm just sick of characters like her. Unless they do something interesting with her character, I can't see myself liking her at all.

I'm a bit concerned that this show is gonna collapse on the weight of its' own characters and try to juggle too much and just have it blow up in its' face. I'll be impressed if they can succeed in adequately fleshing out this entire cast in twenty four episodes.

Still, this first episode has me intrigued enough to continue. I need something to keep me occupied between Code: Breaker episodes.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

I, uh, lied.

Idolm@ster Episode 1

Decided to give this a shot, since everyone else is. Also because it's on Crunchyroll. It was... alright. There are a lot of characters to keep track of (I almost feel like this is too much), and cutting it like a reality TV show was a fairly inspired way of introducing them in a somewhat organic fashion. That's not to say that all of the characters left particularly good impressions on me (or any impression at all, really), but it felt like a smart, if not very nuanced way to approach such a huge cast. That all out of the way, I can say for certain this show is extremely well produced. I mean, it's harder to appreciate going from Tamako Market to this, but it's definitely well animated and I didn't notice any issues regarding off-model frames. I actually quite like the art style, too.

Wasn't keen on a lot of the jokes/antics. Some of it felt pretty standard, and the stuff wih ponytail fang girl's hamster was not setting my world on fire at all. Not that much happened, and unlike some other shows where that might apply, I don't think it's got the necessary chemistry or interesting enough character dynamics to fall back on in the place of 'actual events'. Some of the characters are definitely quite likable, though.

Speaking of which, as far as my tiers go, I think I like Chihaya, Makoto, and the sleepy blonde (Miki, right?) the best. Most of the others just... didn't leave that much of an impact on me. The others, well, they made worse than that. In particular, the twins, Ami and Mami. They are just really annoying characters. I'm also not a fan of Iori or Yukiho either. I'm not that fond of Iori's disposition thus far (though maybe that will change), and I can see Yukiho's archetype and character arc from a mile away. I'm just sick of characters like her. Unless they do something interesting with her character, I can't see myself liking her at all.

I'm a bit concerned that this show is gonna collapse on the weight of its' own characters and try to juggle too much and just have it blow up in its' face. I'll be impressed if they can succeed in adequately fleshing out this entire cast in twenty four episodes.

Still, this first episode has me intrigued enough to continue. I need something to keep me occupied between Code: Breaker episodes.

The answer is more Code Breaker episodes!

Tonight, I watched the first episode of Space Brothers, and several episodes later, I have to say I'm hooked now. I don't know how I've missed this up until tonight. It's one of those anime, like FLCL, that just.. feels good to watch.

Also, I need to know where this is from:

ioPbpNnyyyVzR.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I, uh, lied.

Idolm@ster Episode 1

The second and third episode sucks. After that it's pretty much smooth sailing though.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Tonight, I watched the first episode of Space Brothers, and several episodes later, I have to say I'm hooked now. I don't know how I've missed this up until tonight. It's one of those anime, like FLCL, that just.. feels good to watch.

ioPbpNnyyyVzR.gif

It's in the name of the image itself, you know.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

ioPbpNnyyyVzR.gif
Gintama.

how does that relate to anime
Because if you're going to objectify women, you might as well objectify women that you have an infinitesimally small chance of sleeping with!

Uchip

Banned
Because if you're going to objectify women, you might as well objectify women that you have an infinitesimally small chance of sleeping with!

lol @ you
im not allowed to appreciate nicely designed female characters because its somehow equivalent to objectifying the entire gender.

surprised you're not bitching about idolmaster tbqh

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Since when did people stop sleeping with their body pillows?
Okay, have sexual intercourse with then. lol

lol @ you
im not allowed to appreciate nicely designed female characters because its somehow equivalent to objectifying the entire gender.

Well, I'm just saying why it's not really a factor when it comes to my appreciation or lack thereof for Redline. :p

wonzo

Banned
lol @ you

But iM@S is a classy show for classy people.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
then keep it to yourself and dont bash people that like it
would be the mature thing to do, right?

oh the ironing. I don't know where this fallacy of "if you don't like something don't talk about it" came from but it's one of the biggest hindrances to discussion.

Uchip

Banned
But iM@S is a classy show for classy people.

yeah
because idols arent the epitomy of objectification or anything

oh the ironing. I don't know where this fallacy of "if you don't like something don't talk about it" came from but it's one of the biggest hindrances to discussion.

im saying dont insult me because I like something
apparently that was too difficult for you to grasp

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Tamako Market 3

Instead of gushing about how I love everything and how I'm full of happy feelings, I think I'll just leave this here.

Some of those backgrounds are pretty bad, in that they don't mesh well at all with the character art and have some ugly filters applied.

Saint Seiya Omega 41

I see we're back to bullshit wins. Wouldn't be Saint Seiya without it! Just like Ikki vs Shaka, I'll say Soma vs Sonia was a fluke.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You don't know what people do with those pillows. You just don't know.
Sleep on them?
Lick them?
Given that GuP pillow with the removable clothes, I figure worse things probably happen.

by telling me that im objectifying all girls?
by saying that I have no chance of sleeping with real ones?

yeah
real nice
Well, I suppose implicit in my post was that people objectify celebrities that most posters would not have a chance to sleep with. The Salma Hayek vs Penelope Cruz thread, for example.
I suppose I do make a value judgement that one form of fantastical objectification is better than another form.

But because I had all that in my head, I was also implicitly talking about objectification in the broader sense... rather than your own experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom