• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
He's just joshing.

BTW, I got a good manga to recommend to your tastes.

Oh my hnnnnnnnnnghhh.
This looks GLORIOUS!

I don't know what's worse, the pathetically insecure armchair psychologists obsessed with MANLY SHOWS for MANLY MEN or the posters getting all sad about OT coming across some shitty show and taking any of the dumb generalizations about a medium they enjoy as personal attacks. God what a shit thread.

I dont recall anyone taking it as a personal attack.
I dont blame anyone for not wanting to get involved with the thread though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Taking a look at Trojita's thread again and Cajun is absolutely not contributing anything at all in the thread with his "aww so cute" posts.
Spam the thread with Touhou and Vividred pictures to let people know what anime is really about.

cajunator

Banned
Taking a look at Trojita's thread again and Cajun is absolutely not contributing anything at all in the thread with his "aww so cute" posts.

Except the part where I explained the demographic that the scene in question appealed to and how it does not represent the larger anime fanbase, as well as the meaning of moe vs something that is cute. I did call Berserk adorable however.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
zEi1WRd.gif

Articalys

New Devil Survivor 2 PVs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E4mZJxNZC4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCfQ9glToc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCwFJIQaJ7o

Each one has the same first minute and last 15 seconds, but the 30 seconds in the middle are different for each.
So in essence, it's one new overall 60-second PV and three new 30-second PVs (one for each of the main trio). The last 15 seconds of each are the same Kamiyan narrated PV from a few days ago.
This also makes the MC-version PV hilarious, since it means you're hearing him say the same thing twice in a row.

Looks interesting.

jgminto

Am I actually going to be able to watch the DS2 anime? I heard the P4 anime isn't that great unless you're familiar with the game. I'll have to watch that eventually. Still playing P3:FES

Kazzy

Am I actually going to be able to watch the DS2 anime? I heard the P4 anime isn't that great unless you're familiar with the game. I'll have to watch that eventually. Still playing P3:FES

Have you played DS2? I mean, you're not going to watch the show for the awful character designs, right?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

It'll probably be more enjoyable if you've played the game, yeah.

OceanBlue

Man...a Touhou anime would be the greatest thing ever. Imagine the injokes with cirno or how badass a showdown with Utsuho Reiuji would be. So fucking epic.

I don't actually know anything about Touhou :(. I tried playing Perfect Cherry Blossom and even tried to get into Hisoutensoku when it came out, but it never clicked with me. I love all of the nice Reimu fanart though. I like her design.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I don't actually know anything about Touhou :(. I tried playing Perfect Cherry Blossom and even tried to get into Hisoutensoku when it came out, but it never clicked with me. I love all of the nice Reimu fanart though. I like her design.
play professionally made Cave games instead of amateur doujin basement developer novelties like touhou

cajunator

Banned

Utsuho is a giant death raven girl with the universe for wings and a gun on her arm that shoots out nuclear blasts and suns at you. Yes she shoots fucking suns at people. Holy shit.

Articalys

shitty shumps featuring cute girls with an incredibly obsessive following
I wouldn't go so far as to call the games that bad, but I otherwise agree with this assessment. Still provides some really cool stuff, though, like that Castlevania-style fangame.

wonzo

Banned
I wouldn't go so far as to call the games that bad, but I otherwise agree with this assessment. Not that it's a bad thing.
Nah they're pretty bad. You'd be better off picking up something like Guwange off of XBLA and playing that instead.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All I know is the Night of Knight MADs and the yuri and/or futa doujins.

And ⓽ is the strongest.

duckroll

So in essence, it's one new overall 60-second PV and three new 30-second PVs (one for each of the main trio). The last 15 seconds of each are the same Kamiyan narrated PV from a few days ago.
This also makes the MC-version PV hilarious, since it means you're hearing him say the same thing twice in a row.

Looks interesting.

Don't think the 60 second one is new. I think that's the same as the first PV. They're being really cheap here!

OceanBlue

I don't know much about shmups (The only one I've played that isn't Touhou: PCB is Dodonpachi Resurrection on my phone), but I have to admit that they have catchy songs. I have some songs composed by someone named Yasui Yousuke for Eschatos and they're really nice to listen to.

As for gameplay differences between shmups, I'll just have to assume that, like a lot of fighting games, some of the differences don't become apparent until you become good at the games. I just struggle to get past two stages in all of the shmups I play, lol.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know much about shmups (The only one I've played that isn't Touhou: PCB is Dodonpachi Resurrection on my phone), but I have to admit that they have catchy songs. I have some songs composed by someone named Yasui Yousuke for Eschatos and they're really nice to listen to.

the music for Triggerheart Exelica is pretty fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom