• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Wing was a show with good ideas and great suit designs, especially Katoki's stuff in EW. Unfortunately, it was saddled with some of the worst cast in gundam history. A bunch of personality-free super soldiers who have no real defining features. It also repeated the same plot ideas over and over. There's only so many times you can have characters threaten to blow themselves up before it loses its impact and just becomes hilarious.

OZ was the best part of Gundam Wing. Want to rewatch that too. I ended up liking Heero but his early antics were comical. A few years back on /m/, some scans from an artbook were floating about with some english used in big letters to address some defining trait of the character featured on that page. I think Heero's was SUICIDE or SUICIDAL. :lol

Taishou Yakyuu Musume 3

iEHRiB1krvZS4.jpg

ine47UnsxTCno.jpg

All of this Koume lust is astounding!

Wing was a show with good ideas and great suit designs, especially Katoki's stuff in EW. Unfortunately, it was saddled with some of the worst cast in gundam history. A bunch of personality-free super soldiers who have no real defining features. It also repeated the same plot ideas over and over. There's only so many times you can have characters threaten to blow themselves up before it loses its impact and just becomes hilarious.

Yeah, Wing was awful. The characters were pretty much all lacking in personality, and all they did was spout a bunch of meaningless babble that never went anywhere. Age saved it from being the worst Gundam show.

duckroll

Yeah, Wing was awful. The characters were pretty much all lacking in personality, and all they did was spout a bunch of meaningless babble that never went anywhere. Age saved it from being the worst Gundam show.

The Wing characters are iconic and cool. I like how they were kids with attitude problems who happened to have really powerful mechs. They weren't heroes or people pretending to be good guys. Just child soldiers with the biggest guns, making the adults with all their logic and planning suck it up when they're owned. Heero Yuy is my hero.

zeroshiki

The Wing characters are iconic and cool. I like how they were kids with attitude problems who happened to have really powerful mechs. They weren't heroes or people pretending to be good guys. Just child soldiers with the biggest guns, making the adults with all their logic and planning suck it up when they're owned. Heero Yuy is my hero.

I... This makes all kinds of twisted sense that I'm not sure if you're trolling or serious.

The 4 Wing pilots had terrible personalities (two of them shared the same personality!) and barely qualified as "characters".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Easily the worst thing you've ever posted, facetious or not.

zeroshiki

I like to think this is subtle commentary on Trowa's lack of personality.

Its like they had a sale on brooding personalities in the anime character store and Sunrise decided to get the most bang for their back and bought one of each for Heero and Trowa.

Milamber

Just wait for season two and marathon it.

This is almost on the level of trolling Boku no Pico. Has there ever been any other manga that has pulled such an unanimous negative internet reaction? Seiken no Blacksmith not included.

Tamako Market 7
aeA3pECl.jpg

Oh hey, I never noticed that she had a mole. That seems oddly specific, given how perfect anime girls tend to be in terms of their designs. lol

Mochizou also has one.

Gintama - 127

Female Shinpachi
>Urara.
"It pains my heart to think about your sister. But I'm sure your sister understands your concerns. I know that one day her heart will open up. Speaking of opening up, when will you open up your legs for me Urara?"
The letters have turned me on.
Hijikata is a man among men.

CorvoSol

How could they be personality free when Wufei had the most annoying personality before I met Shinn Asuka and Flit Asuno? I'll confess that anybody who wasn't a Gundam pilot, Treize, or Zechs was more or less a strawman created for the scene, but still.

Gundam SEED Destiny is way worse than Gundam Wing.

Its like they had a sale on brooding personalities in the anime character store and Sunrise decided to get the most bang for their back and bought one of each for Heero and Trowa.

Hey man, but Heero still has the coolest Gundam that isn't called Epyon in the series. Thing has Angel wings, SEES THE FUTURE, and a cannon that blows up asteroids, colonies, and space fortresses. Wing Zero is way cooler than any other Gundam I've seen (that isn't Epyon.)

CorvoSol

Shit, I forgot about Wufei.

Ok, 3 characters with the same personality!

Look, we all wish the show had really been about Zechs waging war on Treize, but in Gundam, you come to accept that no matter how hot Char and his clone army are, you will deal with the kids trying to be Amuro and like it. It's like complaining that there are Jedi in Star Wars.

zeroshiki

Look, we all wish the show had really been about Zechs waging war on Treize, but in Gundam, you come to accept that no matter how hot Char and his clone army are, you will deal with the kids trying to be Amuro and like it. It's like complaining that there are Jedi in Star Wars.

But there are 3 antisocial brooding characters! I'm not saying they can't have ONE but why three of them?

Gundam SEED Destiny is way worse than Gundam Wing.

I generally enjoyed the first 36 episodes of Destiny (although it had stupid moments). The last act of Destiny was extraordinarily shitty, but it at least had a decent show before then. Wing was shit from the very start, with pretty much nothing of redeeming value at any turn.

I generally enjoyed the first 36 episodes of Destiny (although it had stupid moments). The last act of Destiny was extraordinarily shitty, but it at least had a decent show before then. Wing was shit from the very start, with pretty much nothing of redeeming value at any turn.

The 10 year old is me says to meet me on the playground, we're settling this once and for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom