• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6Sf67ek.jpg

Taken from my window in Upper Manhattan. First blizzard I've experienced in 15 years and this is rad.

This reminds me that I really need to explore more of Manhattan. There's some awesome subway station architecture outside of Midtown. I'm just so focused getting to work and getting home.

Zigzz14

28 inches in my backyard outside of Harrisburg Pa. News says probably another 3 or 4 inches. Think I'm done for the day. My back is dead.

Mahonay

Banned
The girlfriend and I went out just now while the blizzard was hitting Bushwick hard and took some pictures with her nice Canon camera. Will post them up here soon.

DedValve

Banned
I can't see out my windows :(

Yonkers here. Its just solid ice. Ice everywhere.

Wish I still had my husky. I'm sure She would love playing in the snow :(

About 30 miles west northwest of Philly. Snow is ridiculous. As high as 39" on the porch. Walking around outside just isn't feasible when drifts can go up to mid-thigh+, takes too much energy. When I measured at 1:00PM lower points were at 17" while drifts were 33". No idea what it is now. Crazy storm for this southern native.

Nightz

My wife and I live in a basement apartment so our front door leads to the backyard. This was from this morning. The hose reel on the right was barely visible by the afternoon. There's a sidewalk by the trees in the background, so I have to shovel all the way there. Then I gotta shovel the sidewalk to get to the street. My back's gonna be dead tomorrow.

Bottom was my car buried in the evening.

Milennia

shoveled a bunch last night here in SI,NY

pretty sure its actually just coming down even heavier now and cars are basically buried.

Mahonay

Banned
Here's our trip around the block here in Bushwick, Brooklyn while the blizzard was hitting hard.

Bushwick Avenue
ScevY4G.jpg

Bushwick Avenue again looking the other way (looking at my back)
hdVJt6y.jpg

Evergreen Ave with random people trying to get around
sGzuYoU.jpg

Loki

Count of Concision
ABC news said that the worst of it would be over by around now, but it looks like the worst it's been yet here in Brooklyn. Very dense snowfall and high wind.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
28 inches in my backyard outside of Harrisburg Pa. News says probably another 3 or 4 inches. Think I'm done for the day. My back is dead.

We just measured 31" in three different no wind spots, Reading area of Berks County. It's still falling but it's really tapered off a lot, and the wind has slowed down too.

I don't know how I'm going to dig us out, lol. I think I'm just gonna hire someone and admit defeat.

i live by the mall, heartland village =p its just quiet here so thats why i like it, hate most of the people though lol

Oh cool...nice area. I lived about a 5 min drive from there. Actually looked at an apartment in that area like right on the side of Macy's in those apt buildings.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Here's our trip around the block here in Bushwick, Brooklyn while the blizzard was hitting hard.

Bushwick Avenue
ScevY4G.jpg

Bushwick Avenue again looking the other way (looking at my back)
hdVJt6y.jpg

Evergreen Ave with random people trying to get around
sGzuYoU.jpg

Yeah walking in the middle of the street is the way to go. Had to walk 8 blocks just now in Greenpoint and i felt like an idiot for doing one block on the sidewalk

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Came back after another shovel session. Probably got one more session in me later tonight and I'm done for the day as well. Can't wait till tomorrow to do it all over again!

Only motivation right now is that super chill/therapeutic feeling when I hit that medical cannabis after a looooong ass shovel day. Imma light up while taking a hot shower after the last shovel session. I cannot fucking wait.

Quixzlizx

Reporting in from the south shore of Suffolk County, LI. It's not snowing very hard, but the wind is howling. I felt like I was in an ice cloud.

Eegah

About to leave work and walk home through Brooklyn. I figure it will take about 45-60 minutes. I haven't even been able to look out a window for the past ten hours, so I have no idea what it looks like right now. Hope I don't freeze to death.

Got at least 25" here in Mount Airy, probably more. But I don't have the right clothing to go out and do a more thorough measurement. Everything is fucking buried though, and I haven't seen one sign of a plow.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Haha I don't know. I think it might warm up a little tomorrow? Might make the snow a little easier to toss around
Oh man, usually in my case waiting is worse cause the snow melts a bit and makes this thick/heavy ass slush that's 10x harder to shovel. Best of luck though man, back discs ain't no joke. Be extra extra careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom