• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wireless conection to PC then ICS to PS2 help!

alejob

Is it Possible? I've been trying with no sucess.

I have a wireless gateway DSL modem that connects wirelessly to my laptop and I want to connect my PS2 to the Internet through my laptop using internet connection sharing.

I don't want anything else. I have everything ready I just need to know how to configure it.

I have XP, my laptop is 192.168.0.5.

I want to post, but I'm not sure if you can do that. I remember having to tell the client PC that the connection it needed was shared when I set some PCs up once. I could be wrong about this, but how do you tell the PS2 where to get the connection from.

Now, if you got a wireless bridge, say the WGA11B from Linksys, then problem solved right there.

alejob

I figured out the problem. My wireless gateway and ICS both dish out the same IP address range= 192.168.0.0. I 've been searching all over and I can't change it in ICS XP. And I cant change it in my wireless gateway either(I can but only for the physical ethernet conection).
So basicaly I'm schrewed!

Edit: OK, I may have lied. I think I can change the IP range in the gateway.

Top Bottom