• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood |OT| Out With The New Order, In With The Old Blood

Jesb

I just pre ordered on psn. Looking forward to trying this when I get home from work. How does preload work, if my system is in rest mode is it going to autodownload?

zogged

Ok, the Australian steam page isn't selling it for $39.95 AUD, its selling it for $39.95 USD. That's over $50 AUD which makes the short, standalone expansion more expensive than what TNO sells for at my local JBHIFI. That is some bullshit right there.

Mohonky

Ok, the Australian steam page isn't selling it for $39.95 AUD, its selling it for $39.95 USD. That's over $50 AUD which makes the short, standalone expansion more expensive than what TNO sells for at my local JBHIFI. That is some bullshit right there.

Yeh Steam has been doing this lately, Aus RRP but in US dollars. Load of shit.

I paid $15US by greenmangaming VIP

I just pre ordered on psn. Looking forward to trying this when I get home from work. How does preload work, if my system is in rest mode is it going to autodownload?
This is my first time preloading, but I'm pretty sure you can make it download remotely by using the download list on the web store.

Tansut

So I've never played a game while it's still downloading before. I've got a little over 18 gigs downloaded (shitty internet over here) so how far will I be able to make it when I start at midnight?

RexNovis

Banned
Just on that, how is this $39 AUD? I know we get screwed on prices with most things in but that's double the price. With the current conversion rate from US to AUD, it's around $26. Plus taxes this should be no more than $30 here.

Yea the AU tax is real and it sucks. I really have no idea who is responsible for setting the prices for retail games in Australia but its criminal and whoever it is should be called out for it.

Alienups

Spent way too long selling most of my steam cards, a process that took weeks, so i could afford this. Hope it's worth it.

pmx7

Neo Member
Yea the AU tax is real and it sucks. I really have no idea who is responsible for setting the prices for retail games in Australia but its criminal and whoever it is should be called out for it.

It's only going to get worse when our government approves GST being applied to overseas imports and digital purchases as well (Steam, PSN ect)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Decrypting nom non nom

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Hot damn I forgot about this until I saw the notification while I was watching Netflix. FUCK. YES.

npa189

I love how the Steam progress bar for unpacking is about as accurate as a windows XP explorer progress bar. 12min, 24min, 15min and now back to 20. Doesn't help that this game is absolutely massive.

Just booted it up and....

OMFG

THE FUCKING FEELS!!!!

Lwbvdex.jpg

=

1021807217-00.jpg

FrsDvl

I love how the Steam progress bar for unpacking is about as accurate as a windows XP explorer progress bar. 12min, 24min, 15min and now back to 20. Doesn't help that this game is absolutely massive.

It's pretty brutal, this is the first time I had a game pre ordered through steam. Sure takes a while!

Unit24

It went from 20 minutes, to 50 minutes, to 1 hour, to 7 hours for me. I really wish it just gave a percentage.

npa189

It's pretty brutal, this is the first time I had a game pre ordered through steam. Sure takes a while!

Decrypting 34GB of data is no easy task, I'm pretty surprised that Steam is eating 80% of my cpu too, and games like this really make me want to get a SSD.

I also just found out this is current gen/PC only, its finally happening people!

MattyG

Banned
It's fully downloaded but it's in my download list and says TIME REMAINING 40 minutes and keeps jumping all over the place.

What's up with that?

Edit: Ohhhhh, decryption. Probably not going to end up playing any tonight then :(

FrsDvl

So, steam says it has partial controller support, what does that exactly mean. Am I going to run into problems when I just use my controller? Or will I be just fine.

So, steam says it has partial controller support, what does that exactly mean. Am I going to run into problems when I just use my controller? Or will I be just fine.
It means you can't launch the game with a controller, but once the game starts its fully playable with a controller.

Well finished prologue and game tells me content is currently unavailable please wait for it to install... wtf? What a mood killer.

Looks like your background download didn't finish.
It's not downloading anything. I pre loaded. Guessing I gotta delete it and re download? If so what a bummer. *edit* well just checked and it finished some download for pre load and now suddenly it's got a shit ton left. Damn... the waiting game begins. Lol

Weetrick

That coupon actually only takes you down to $15.40. It's a 23% off coupon.

This coupon is 25% off and takes you down to $15.00 flat:

HUKD25-OFFBAN-KHOLVC

Sure, it's only 40 cents, but why not use it if it's there?

Just tried to use this code but it's not working. Am I missing something? Do you input it as a voucher?

It's not downloading anything. I pre loaded. Guessing I gotta delete it and re download? If so what a bummer.

Did you check the Application folder under Settings > System Storage Managment > Applications? Sometimes the rest of a PSN game is downloading the background and the progress is shown there.

Don't be fooled by the 6GB file size you see under Notifications > Downloads....

Top Bottom