• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman dies after botched butt enhancement injection in backroom of Vegas tile store

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Vegas woman dies after backroom cosmetic surgery:

(04-11) 11:28 PDT LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A woman died after botched buttocks enhancement surgery in the back room of a tile business by two Colombian nationals who were later arrested trying to board a plane back to that country, authorities said Monday.

Elena Caro, 42, of Las Vegas was pronounced dead Saturday at North Vista Hospital in North Las Vegas, the Clark County coroner's office said.

Her cause of death was not immediately determined, pending toxicology tests and an investigation.

Ruben Dario Matallana-Galvas, 55, and Carmen Olfidia Torres-Sanchez, 47, were arrested for investigation of murder late Saturday at McCarran International Airport, police said.

Caro's daughter, 17-year-old Janet Villalovos, told The Associated Press that she told Matallana-Galvas to take care of her mother when she dropped her off for the procedure.

"He told me everything's going to be fine, don't worry," Villalovos said. She said her mother had facial botox injections a week earlier by the same people.

Police identified Matallana-Galvas as a doctor. However, the state had no information on file on him or Torres-Sanchez, said Douglas C. Cooper, executive director of the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners.

Under questioning, Matallana-Galvas told detectives he injected Caro with a gel substance, and she walked away from his office, according to a police report.

Elizabeth Flores, an aide to Mattalana-Galvas, told police he called and told her something had gone wrong, and she had her husband drive him and Torres-Sanchez to the airport, the police report said.

The two were being held without bail at Clark County jail pending a court appearance on Tuesday. It was not immediately clear if they had lawyers.

Caro also used the name Maria Orrozco, police said.

C3vtj.jpg

LQX

I don't get this trend of having a fake butt. You can tell that singer Nicki Minaj has one and it looks ridiculous and disgusting. If her butt is indeed real it is the most unflattering ass I have ever seen on a woman.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Never talk to the police!

Stop admitting you did things that are illegal, criminals. It's not like the woman was without fault, getting injections at a shady place. No point in going to prison for it.

LQX said:
I don't get this trend of having a fake butt. You can tell that singer Nicki Minaj has one and it looks ridiculous and disgusting. If her butt is indeed real it is the most unflattering ass I have ever seen on a woman.

I've seen some pretty bad flat butts. But injections are dumb, just do squats. It's not like breasts where you're just stuck with what you got.

slider

The Lamp said:
Is there no one who knows how to spell Colombian right?

Haha, yeah.

I was just walking back to work from the gym and swung by a shopping mall in Bogota to use an ATM. I saw at least four enhanced butts in the space of maybe 5 minutes max. I shit you not.

Nymeria88

I get all my plastic surgery done in the back room of a book store. Much cleaner and more reliable then a tile shop. Also, they have great reading material.

She qualifies for a Darwin award, IMHO. If you are willing to let someone inject something in your ass in the back of a Las Vegas tile business . . . well you are pretty much asking for it.

Marleyman

Banned
Humans these days. I am not a proponent of population reduction but I can definitely understand why when I read shit like this.

dankir

Come on, not even Dr. Nick would go through with this. Didn't some other broad die recently after some shady butt implant surgery as well??

edit: Beat!

slider said:
I was just walking back to work from the gym and swung by a shopping mall in Bogota to use an ATM. I saw at least four enhanced butts in the space of maybe 5 minutes max. I shit you not.
Were you counting each buttock individually?
speculawyer said:
If you are willing to let someone inject something in your ass in the back of a Las Vegas tile store.
This sounds so dirty.

slider said:

I don't even understand this at all. But then again, from my view, the less butt, the better. Why would anyone want MORE butt? I just don't get it.

Aren't these some of the riskiest procedures? I like to think I'm not terribly insensitive of death, but the Darwin award sounds about right.

slider

FunkyPajamas said:
Were you counting each buttock individually?

One was hypnotic. Two were meh. And the last was a disgrace. Er, not that I'm still thinking about them. So yep, four butts in total. I've seen some shockers and others that are ok/good/fascinating.

speculawyer said:
I don't even understand this at all. But then again, from my view, the less butt, the better. Why would anyone want MORE butt? I just don't get it.

It must be a cultural thing (I'm not expert though). But even for folk like you there must be a cut off point where you wish there was some curvature?? I'm not particularly au fait with women's fashions but I know for a fact lots of girls here wear the jean equivalent of the wonderbra.

I prefer natural of course (same with breasts); even if enhancements are good to look at the interaction isn't as rewarding. That's my opinion.

slider said:
It must be a cultural thing (I'm not expert though). But even for folk like you there must be a cut off point where you wish there was some curvature?? I'm not particularly au fait with women's fashions but I know for a fact lots of girls here wear the jean equivalent of the wonderbra.

I prefer natural of course (same with breasts); even if enhancements are good to look at the interaction isn't as rewarding. That's my opinion.
Who knows? Maybe I'm a product of the 'Barbie' culture where Barbie is ridiculously skinny.

It is probably good for women that lots of men prefer more downstairs since that is more natural. But I still don't understand the need for enhancement to make it larger. Isn't natural enough?

We men will get blamed both ways . . . men that prefer skinny cause eating disorders and men that prefer more downstairs cause botched butt operations?

Reminded me a bit of this story:

Elfin Ears The Newest Cosmetic Surgery Craze

The procedure involves slitting open the cartilage at the top of the ears and sewing them back together to create a point. Jordan Houtz, who's had it done, remarked, "It was just something I thought would be fascinating...I wouldn't go so far as saying [I'm] a Trekkie, but definitely 'Lord of the Rings,' all the Sci Fi kind of stuff, and it just fit my personality."

Steve Haworth, a three dimensional artist making leprechaun-esque dreams come true, explained, "There's a lot of people out there who have an inner vision of themselves and they want to express that to the world around them." GMA found a few of those people on an online message board -- one wrote, "I want to have elf ears too. but im not sure in what season to do it...cause in the winter im always wearing a cap/beanie and i guess it would hurt."

Hurt is right. Haworth, who charges $600 for both ears, can't use anesthetic on his pixie patients because he's not an actual doctor. Because actual doctors know that altering such important body parts can result in major deformities and infection that could entirely destroy the ear within days.

But some people are into that sort of thing.

slider

speculawyer said:
It is probably good for women that lots of men prefer more downstairs since that is more natural. But I still don't understand the need for enhancement to make it larger. Isn't natural enough?

Interestingly from my casual observations it's not always about "bigger". About half the time (figure plucked from my non-surgically enhanced butt) it seems to be more about shape and, probably, firmness.

Gosh, I've just changed my avatar given the recent announcement.

Slayven

umop_3pisdn said:
Aren't these some of the riskiest procedures? I like to think I'm not terribly insensitive of death, but the Darwin award sounds about right.
From my research it is an outpatient thing. Meaning a good doctor will have you in and out in 2 hours with no hospital stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom