• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wordle |OT| Daily Word Game | Share Your Scores

emivita

Wordle 242 5/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm not an English mother tongue, so today's word was harder for me. I just guessed because I didn't even know its meaning in the first place.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Wordle 242 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, weird thing, I was still using the original WORDLE site. Pressed back on my browser today by accident and then was redirected to NYT, thought I lost my progress but reloaded and it was intact. However, I have now done 242 twice and they were both totally different words (this 1 could prove tough for many if you're not familiar with [REDACTED] πŸ˜†. A lot of the 241 results posted here surprised me, the word *I* got was "agora". I'm a bookworm, have been since I was a kid. Though I'm familiar with the word it's very uncommon, don't think I've heard it or read it anywhere in *years*, I'm curious to hear what others had for 241.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Goldβ„’ Member
Wordle 242 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, weird thing, I was still using the original WORDLE site. Pressed back on my browser today by accident and then was redirected to NYT, thought I lost my progress but reloaded and it was intact. However, I have now done 242 twice and they were both totally different words (this 1 could prove tough for many if you're not familiar with [REDACTED] πŸ˜†. A lot of the 241 results posted here surprised me, the word *I* got was "agora". I'm a bookworm, have been since I was a kid. Though I'm familiar with the word it's very uncommon, don't think I've heard it or read it anywhere in *years*, I'm curious to hear what others had for 241.
I don't remember what the word was. Yesterday the NYT changed the solution. They also modified the possible answers by removing what they deem to be archaic and offensive words.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't remember what the word was. Yesterday the NYT changed the solution. They also modified the possible answers by removing what they deem to be archaic and offensive words.
Looks like they removed offensive words, obscure words and British spelling. To me, that's fine.

I don't think the average Wordle player is expecting weird words you'd get from a Scrabble dictionary.

Aion002

Gold Member
Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Wordle 242 X/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜

:messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_downcast_sweat: :messenger_sad_relieved:

Top Bottom