• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Of Warcraft- 2004 or 2005?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Besides Everquest 2, which seems to focus fixing the things I hated about everquest.
World of Warcraft seems the most promising for a long term MMORPG.

Gamestop says Pre-Release 12/7/04.

Perhaps people in the beta can shed some light on the progress of the game?

I hate december dates, they almost always mean 2005 :(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Blizzard always ends up setting a release date around christmas, then ends up missing it and releasing around April.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

*cries*

oh well, its not like i have much time to play an MMORPG, i cancelled FFXI because of that. But both WoW and EQ2 promise good gameplay and quick experiences for mainstream gamers, not just hardcore ones, i might give one of them a chance.

As an ex EQ addict, its kinda cool to see EQ2 shaping up, it looks dangerously addictive, when you watch the long preview on gamespot, you just want to jump into that world, its simply the most detailed and immersive mmorpg i've ever seen, full voice over and incredible graphics help with the immersion, but things like real dimensional waves hitting the deck of your boat, you just want to go in that sort of adventure.

WoW from everything i've read is on the right track, but beta testers have been complaining about the lack of variety, in armor, in quests which are pretty much fetch/bounty quests without much content behind them, caves looking pretty much all the same, enemies being pretty much all the same throughout the zones, different sizes and skinning (was also getting tired of that in FFXI). Its beta so.. hopefully it gets more in depth.

Oh and i hate EQ2's art from the screenshots, but in motion, its another league.. Closest thing to what i've imagined of a D&D world.

golem

winter 2004... engine is pretty solid at this state.. just a few more bugs and lots of balancing

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
At earliest 2005.

They'll need to up the graphics by then. It's not bad, just low-medium poly Direct X 7-8. Bit old, but I guess they're going for compatibility.

Blizzard may take their time, by they pwn with online play. With Age of Empires 2 or Rise of nations, it takes like 10 minutes to start a game, and there's a 90% chance someone will drop within the game.

Warcraft III, hit game search, and you're in a game in 20 seconds, and only a few people drop (probably their fault anyway).

That's probably why like 80 people play Rise of Nations online worldwide, and 50000 play War III.

Gattsu25

Banned
pretty much agreed with everything teh_pwn said
but where he neglected to mention that the majority of Bnet is filled with idiots

but where he neglected to mention that the majority of Bnet is filled with idiots

Only if you played for a couple of hour. You can find as much, if not more cool people on Bnet than any other online playing browser.

Gattsu25

Banned
not quite sure what you meant by the last few words of your sentence, but yeah...Bnet has soe nice people but it's rare to join a random game in Diablo II without meeting an asshole or three

edit: replace browser with service and I'm able to understand you now!

Top Bottom