• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft for ALL!!! (sorta)

This is stupid. 7 days? Why bother? The servers are going to be so hammered you'll barely get any play in. Hell, at peak times they are already lagged as hell with the current player base.

AeroGod

Cerebral Palsy said:
This is stupid. 7 days? Why bother? The servers are going to be so hammered you'll barely get any play in. Hell, at peak times they are already lagged as hell with the current player base.

7 days of WoW. WTf man. BUY THIS!!! LAG dont matter. 7 day WoW slide show totally worth it!!!

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh, it's only for seven days.

Still. THEY WILL SWEEP THE LAND BARE LIKE A PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS!

nubbe

Wonder how many times the server will go up and down for tweaks and patches… not to mention hard crashes.

Cerebral Palsy said:

It's pretty funny how you answer your own question in the same post!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Will people on the waiting list for the beta automatically be registered?

edit - Nevermind, signed up on fileplanet and was accepted (am subcriber) - W00T!

second edit - FYI, I'm not in NA..they don't seem to care with this one. As long as your a Fileplanet subscriber, you're guaranteed to get in.

third edit - AeroGod: you can start downloading the client now, so by the time the test actually starts, you'll have the client (hence no waiting and a FULL 7 DAYS of WoW! ;)). Also, this could be more worthwhile than it looks, in that when they start opening up the beta more, it might make sense to start with people who already have the client on their machines (i.e. stress testers).

Takuan

Heads-up to those who are stress-testin: don't bother with the Hunter class, it's far from completion. The more fleshed-out classes are Warriors, Rogues, Mages and Priests. Other classes have not had their talents implemented yet, but other than the Hunter they're pretty much done.

Takuan said:
Heads-up to those who are stress-testin: don't bother with the Hunter class, it's far from completion. The more fleshed-out classes are Warriors, Rogues, Mages and Priests. Other classes have not had their talents implemented yet, but other than the Hunter they're pretty much done.

Yeah, I really enjoyed playing my hunter to Level 10, at which point I got a pet and discovered they couldn't hit for more than 3-4 damage, hold aggro, or learn skills beyond "Growl." That was awesome!

Wait, no, that sucked.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
cvkpaladin said:
Wait, I have to pay money for this? :(

No, you pay money for a fileplanet subscription, and get this as a perk :p ;)

Finally, just as a I was about to question the value of my subscription..this happens. Wayhey.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MrPing1000 said:

Are you about to tell me that this is open to ALL fileplanet subscribers, paying and non-paying? I was just under the assumption it was paying members only :p If you were, well, feck em..I mean...great..more people...to play..

gofreak said:
Are you about to tell me that this is open to ALL fileplanet subscribers, paying and non-paying? I was just under the assumption it was paying members only :p If you were, well, feck em..I mean...great..more people...to play..

no im telling u that bugmenot is very handy

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MrPing1000 said:
bah i wish i hadn't mentioned it now :p

Haha, that "someone" may not be me, but if my fileplanet downloads ever lose steam because of bugmenot freeloaders...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
akascream said:
Meh.. 7 days. Thats like eating a cracker when you're starving. I'd rather stay starving! :p

I'd say the 7-day testers will be among the first accepted into any wider expansion of the beta, though..since they'll already have the client installed, and pretty much be ready to go. Asides from 7 days of WoW wonderfullness, that's a good reason to sign up IMO.

Mjunter

Welll..if you didn't subscribe to fileplanet, the website says that the signup page will be available to other users in a few days.

gofreak said:
I'd say the 7-day testers will be among the first accepted into any wider expansion of the beta, though..since they'll already have the client installed, and pretty much be ready to go. Asides from 7 days of WoW wonderfullness, that's a good reason to sign up IMO.

Yeah right, 90% of the people who signed up way back when at Blizzard's site aren't even in the beta yet.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cerebral Palsy said:
Yeah right, 90% of the people who signed up way back when at Blizzard's site aren't even in the beta yet.

I know...i'm just grasping at straws, but WoW is the one thing I'll grasp at straws for.

I'm on both the waiting list for the beta AND now set to go with the stress test. Surely that'll count for something when it comes to choosing new testers..? :(

IJoel

You know this is a very cruel thing to do. Hook players with a 7 day test, then kick them to the curb.

I'm both tempted and fearful of what this might do to my sanity.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
SyNapSe said:
bugmenot didn't work for me.

Same.

IJoel said:
Screw you FilePlanet and Blizzard.

This is bullshit. Release the damned client to the masses.

Seriously. They already distributed the original client via bittorrent - one would think with all the additional users this would go over just as well. There CLEARLY is some dealing going on between Blizzard and FilePlanet (for their *exlcusive* demo), which altogether lowers my respect for Blizzard even more. I thought they were a company a little more devoted to their fans.

nubbe

I have no doubts about Blizzard getting a few coins for every new subscriber during the signup period… 100k users is a lot of money

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kweh said:
"This program is only available to North American customers."

Lame.

nnnnNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! F*** Fileplanet!!!!!!! They let me register for this, I get my key and everything, and then when I go to download, I get this message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F***ing about when it comes to the WoW beta tests like this is not a clever idea..

I feel like cancelling my subscription right now :mad

Gattsu25

Banned
anyone with the beta know how big the client is? just curious

also, when does the story take place in the warcraft timeline?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
The thing that bugs me about Fileplanet is that it is too much $$$

I mean I have IGN but that is $20 a year...not $120 or whatever Fileplanet is

Top Bottom