• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Swag

TheYanger said:
It's just that time of the year, I have always found it comes and goes like a tide, depending on what kind of guild you're in, who is in it, etc. Most guilds when raiding is 'tough' and takes a lot of effort, people tend to want to do other things outside of raiding hours. Farm time is when people tend to be on MORE outside of raiding. Aside from that, summer usually has more away time for folks as well, and winter more. Probably frustrating as a new member, but you can't force people to stick around and do stuff with you either.
This is true, maybe it's just my frustrations manifesting in other areas. I really just want to kill Sinestra before 4.2, I know I as a player am capable of it, but I feel intimidated applying to a guild that is doing Sinestra progression or has killed her, because I haven't done stuff like Cho'gall / Council on heroic, and I don't feel like the guild I'm in is really aiming to down Sinestra as the end goal.

It's always "We'll get it if we can, if not, it's not a big deal", the fuck type of attitude is that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Is anyone else in a guild where the members just log in to raid then log out after, It's rare to see more then 15 people on in my "Hardcore" guild that I do most of my progression in, then see 40-50 in my other guild that I hang with and sometimes raid on, they do progression raiding but just not as "Hardcore".

It annoys the fuck out of me, trying to get people in guild to do stuff like a heroic and getting crickets, feels like I'm raiding with robots because I know jack shit about people in guild.
At this point, it's possible to level from 80-85, level professions, and get raid ready in a few weeks. If you don't do pvp, alts, or achievements, you can only do heroics for valor points and raid. People that raided since late December or early January don't really need Valor. You can't stock up for the next tier.

I can understand certain people only logging on to raid.

But, since I'm on a lot with different alts and two of them have been missing some raids, I'm starting to take their place even on progression content. It also helps that I've been friends with the guild master and core team for 5 years. I started raiding with them this tier really late.

TheYanger

Sebulon3k said:
This is true, maybe it's just my frustrations manifesting in other areas. I really just want to kill Sinestra before 4.2, I know I as a player am capable of it, but I feel intimidated applying to a guild that is doing Sinestra progression or has killed her, because I haven't done stuff like Cho'gall / Council on heroic, and I don't feel like the guild I'm in is really aiming to down Sinestra as the end goal.

It's always "We'll get it if we can, if not, it's not a big deal", the fuck type of attitude is that.

If you're a strong player it can never hurt to try and move up if you feel like that's for you. Just don't guild hop unless you're sure, because guild hopping can look bad on an otherwise unremarkable application as well. That being said, recruitment right now is hard for many guilds, so they're probably more likely to take a chance on someone. Just make sure you're good enough to get in! :) Do as much research ahead of time as possible to ensure a guild is a good fit atmosphere wise. If you're frustrated about your current guild's progression you shouldn't stick around if you're not close, you'll just have less fun.

I was with my raiding guild from day 1, since 2000 in everquest, we were pretty tight night, only middling in WoW (complete tiers before next releases typically, but not much before), and once that finally ended I was kind of in the boat you were in, but just wanted to see for myself if I was good enough to do better. To be perfectly honest, if you're one of the 'good' players in a middling guild, you're probably good enough to at least be A PLAYER in a good guild.

TheYanger said:
If you're a strong player it can never hurt to try and move up if you feel like that's for you. Just don't guild hop unless you're sure, because guild hopping can look bad on an otherwise unremarkable application as well. That being said, recruitment right now is hard for many guilds, so they're probably more likely to take a chance on someone. Just make sure you're good enough to get in! :) Do as much research ahead of time as possible to ensure a guild is a good fit atmosphere wise. If you're frustrated about your current guild's progression you shouldn't stick around if you're not close, you'll just have less fun.

I was with my raiding guild from day 1, since 2000 in everquest, we were pretty tight night, only middling in WoW (complete tiers before next releases typically, but not much before), and once that finally ended I was kind of in the boat you were in, but just wanted to see for myself if I was good enough to do better. To be perfectly honest, if you're one of the 'good' players in a middling guild, you're probably good enough to at least be A PLAYER in a good guild.

Pretty much have to agree with this sentiment.

Except if you're a tank (like me) where you're scrutinized much more. Guild switching as a tank I've found to be very difficult and haven't had much success with. It makes sense though in that the group is "hiring" you to be in a key position and want the best of the best.

DPS and healers have it easier in this regard. I do enjoy tanking, but come 4.2 I may make it a secondary role for myself if I decide to get back into the game because of the difficulty of a tank transition. Apply to a guild as DPS and ease myself into an off-tank or tank spot if I so choose. It will be easy enough to complete a DPS gear-set to be relatively competitive in a short time before 4.2 comes out anyway based on what I already have. My tank gear was already bordering on heroic boss capability 4 months ago.

TheYanger

I dunno, I think it's easy to shine as a tank but it's easier to fail too, basically you're putting yourself out there in a much more noticeable way. just depends on how understanding the guild is about things they should expect. Everyone does fights differently and there's a lot of stuff to remember moving guilds as a tank. That being said, typically the issue I see is that it's hard to get into a tank role that isn't tertiary or MAYBE secondary, since it tends to be a very seniority based role (You can't exactly raid at all without a few go to guys, so getting a new tank tends to place em below that until the older ones retire or something). There are so few spots for them too that there are just less openings in general. I mean you're talking 3 tanks on a 30-35 person roster for most guilds, compared to like 8 healers or so and the rest dps.

Fugu

Bisnic said:
How is it more dull than other classes? Fire isn't a 1 button spam like Arcane.
Switching to a prot warrior having played a mage since the game launched has made the game so much more enjoyable that it's basically the only reason I'm playing and I absolutely wouldn't be playing if I didn't make the switch. This is perhaps more to do with the fact that I've been playing a mage for such a long time and less to do with the intrinsic entertainment value of a mage, but that's my experience.

PatzCU

Fugu said:
Switching to a prot warrior having played a mage since the game launched has made the game so much more enjoyable that it's basically the only reason I'm playing and I absolutely wouldn't be playing if I didn't make the switch. This is perhaps more to do with the fact that I've been playing a mage for such a long time and less to do with the intrinsic entertainment value of a mage, but that's my experience.

I don't think it's just because you've been playing a mage for a long time. DPS can get pretty boring pretty fast. I switched to a healing role about 3 years ago and never looked back. Healers and tanks both have much more challenging, interactive roles in fights and it's much more exciting. Plus, from a healer/tank standpoint you get to see both sides of the fight; what your team is doing and what the boss is doing.

Sebulon3k said:
Is anyone else in a guild where the members just log in to raid then log out after, It's rare to see more then 15 people on in my "Hardcore" guild that I do most of my progression in, then see 40-50 in my other guild that I hang with and sometimes raid on, they do progression raiding but just not as "Hardcore".

It annoys the fuck out of me, trying to get people in guild to do stuff like a heroic and getting crickets, feels like I'm raiding with robots because I know jack shit about people in guild.

This is sort of in response to a lot of the other stuff being said on this page, but I find that the more serious a guild is about progression, server firsts, and what not, the less interesting they are as people you play a game with. The only real exception to this are guilds that have really remained a coherent collective group for years and years, but that's pretty uncommon these days. Most guilds that have been around for a while have a small core group of folks who rarely if ever quit, play a million alts and are absolutely 100% devoted to the guild. The problem therein is they also tend to be extremely clique-ish and have the unfortunate, if not entirely intended, perspective that everyone else who applies to raid with them are mere mechanical parts to give their group the means to successfully complete higher content. Maybe if you stick around for a year, or years, you could be a part of that inner group and not feel like you do.

So the experience you have in these guilds ends up being very much so a "clock in, clock out" where you don't so much play with other people as just perform your job, reap the benefits, and log off to go do things you actually want to do or play with people you actually enjoy playing with.

All in all, when you hit a progression wall or Blizzard flubs a patch schedule in these guilds it just makes it all the easier to ask the question, "Why am I even bothering with this?"

TheYanger

I don't find that to be true at all, most guilds are sort of cliquey though and if you aren't 'in' with one group or another you're probably not having much fun.

Tamanon

Banned
There are lots of odd changes since 4.1 I'm noticing. Just rolled a new priest and I knew the flight paths to the Dwarven lands as well as all the ones in Elwynn forest. Very nice, but unexpected.

DeathNote said:
Why in the world would you use a mount from old content you got late? Just because you like it and it looks cool, you should be above aesthetics in WOW. People will look up your achievements and conclude they are better at wow than you, ignoring the concept of alts and skipping a tier. It's all about the current e-peen mount. East Wind. Get on it.

/Sarcastic rant based on someone's actual opinion in WOW OT2.

Grats!

Your reading comprehension is atrocious.

Miletius

Just had my first really frustrating PUG experience in ZG. First of all, getting in a 5 of 6 group, which kills the chance for the wand for me is frustrating. Moving on from that though, the group that I was with didn't speak at all, and the tank would only say "kill adds" and then pull before I was ready (1/2 mana, no soulstone or healthstone made, no DI up).

I quit after 2 pulls like that -- and then of course, got stuck in another 40 minute queue. Great. Logged off after that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
Your reading comprehension is atrocious.
Anyone can easily go into OT2 and see that I summed up your ridiculous debate word for word. No false interpretation or exaggeration.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26715026&postcount=19598
I check out other people's achievements to see if they are legit, saw a guy with the Mimi mount and turned out he hadn't cleared ulduar till a month ago. Why bother riding around in it?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26726053&postcount=19640
I really don't care if they do it I just personally don't care for it and I like to see if those people got it at a relative time to see if they are good.

http://
etc.

Keep pretending that my "reading comprehension is atrocious".

TheYanger said:
I don't find that to be true at all, most guilds are sort of cliquey though and if you aren't 'in' with one group or another you're probably not having much fun.

Maybe it's just me and the folks I know that play WoW, but I find it to increasingly be the case as time goes on. The clique part is unavoidable, but most guilds are pretty mechanical in terms of interaction in my experience.

Swag

TheYanger said:
Well, the guild that I'm currently in is doing progression on Nefarian heroic next week, and I have no doubt that I'll be accepted as a member given how amazing my trial has been going so far, I don't know if I plan on staying once I get my offer though, their a good group of people, I just don't see them being able to plow through something like Nefarian -> Cho'Gall -> Sinestra within 3-5 weeks. I'll see how it goes after this week though.
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Except if you're a tank (like me) where you're scrutinized much more. Guild switching as a tank I've found to be very difficult and haven't had much success with. It makes sense though in that the group is "hiring" you to be in a key position and want the best of the best.
I used to MT for a guild during 3.3 / 3.4 Hard modes, when I took a break from WoW and came back I immediately re rolled healer, because I understood how ridiculously difficult it can be to find a guild at times. The OT for my old 10 man group is kind of in the same situation where he's trying to find a guild but can't because no one at his current progression is looking for tanks.

It's strange though, because tanking is one of the easiest roles to fulfill as long as your competent, very few fights are there elements that make tanking hard, Nefarian, Sinestra (??), the role essentially boils down to knowing when is a good time to use a cooldown and boss placement. Not trying to under value the advantage of having a good tank, just doesn't seem that demanding from a player skill PoV. Granted I'm looking at this from a dated perspective ( last time I tanked was Heroic LK ). Only fight where I found tanking challenging, was HM Hodir, because you had to maintain a high TPS while constantly moving and keeping up with mechanics.

Freyjadour said:
This is sort of in response to a lot of the other stuff being said on this page, but I find that the more serious a guild is about progression, server firsts, and what not, the less interesting they are as people you play a game with. The only real exception to this are guilds that have really remained a coherent collective group for years and years, but that's pretty uncommon these days.
I don't think this is the case with every hardcore progression guild, when I used to be in that environment it was very serious about 1 hour before raid times and 1 hour after raid times, but following that everyone tended to chill out and unwind, sure there's a lot of talk about strategies but it didn't feel like raiding with robots.
Freyjadour said:
Most guilds that have been around for a while have a small core group of folks who rarely if ever quit, play a million alts and are absolutely 100% devoted to the guild. The problem therein is they also tend to be extremely clique-ish and have the unfortunate, if not entirely intended, perspective that everyone else who applies to raid with them are mere mechanical parts to give their group the means to successfully complete higher content. Maybe if you stick around for a year, or years, you could be a part of that inner group and not feel like you do.
This is the sentiment I get with my current guild, not seeing the ventrilo being used except during raid times, and only a handful of people being online it's like the social element has been completely removed and it's running like a machine. Ironically in the application for the guild there was a big emphasis on being online and social using the ventrilo talking to members, "participating in building a family"

DeathNote said:
Anyone can easily go into OT2 and see that I summed up your ridiculous debate word for word. No false interpretation or exaggeration.

Keep pretending that my "reading comprehension is atrocious".

I really don't care if they do it I just personally don't care for it

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
That segment was back pedaling.

The other half shows how you feel getting a mount late makes them not "good". Ignoring alts and tier skipping.

Try this on for size:

Why bother riding around in it?"

Thus, why I sarcastically asked why he bothered riding it after taking a sceen capture the other day to mock you.

Sebulon3k said:
I don't think this is the case with every hardcore progression guild, when I used to be in that environment it was very serious about 1 hour before raid times and 1 hour after raid times, but following that everyone tended to chill out and unwind, sure there's a lot of talk about strategies but it didn't feel like raiding with robots.

I'm sure that not all are like this, but like I've said I just feel as if it is becoming increasingly difficult to find those that aren't. It is almost like they just raid out of obligation and have fun elsewhere. I don't really understand it.

Anyhow, I've been in a few guilds that were about as not-serious as possible and still remained on top of the server firsts. Of course you need the right sort of people to do that, but it's interesting how small of an issue keeping people on top of their classes and boss strategies was when logging on for a raid was something to look forward to for reasons other than "First-Boss-Kill Euphoria" or higher item levels.

Sebulon3k said:
This is the sentiment I get with my current guild, not seeing the ventrilo being used except during raid times, and only a handful of people being online it's like the social element has been completely removed and it's running like a machine. Ironically in the application for the guild there was a big emphasis on being online and social using the ventrilo talking to members, "participating in building a family"

Most stress the Ventrilo thing as a means of trying to get across the point that you need to be able to talk and have no problems talking when the boss and/or your role in the fight requires it. Ironically I don't really talk on Vent in guilds like the ones you mention, except for when it is absolutely required.

I quit about two months ago because the guild I was in was like this, I don't really regret it. I can't think of a guild that's really doing anything on my server in 25s that isn't like this. And they really have no reason to be; your definition of hardcore is probably way above the capabilities of any guild on my server.

burgerdog

Entropia said:
Chimaeron is torture for healers. We did do it second and now we're working on Maloriak. We had a handful of 9-12% wipes the other night. We should get him on Sunday. I think we're going to Magmaw afterwards.
We tried HM magmaw for the first time today and killed it -- it felt a lot easier than HM maloriak. We are able to kill HM magmaw, maloriak, atramedes, but not chim. Granted, we have only spent 4 hours on it, the amount of RNG is insane. I thought they fixed it so 3rd tank wouldn't go into feuds with break still up?

DeathNote said:
That segment was back pedaling.
The other half shows how you feel getting a mount late makes them not "good". Ignoring alts and tier skipping.
Try this on for size:
Thus, why I sarcastically asked why he bothered riding it after taking a sceen capture the other day to mock you.

Eh, now I just see scrubs riding around on the purple 12/12 mount. Lol. At least gladiator mounts will never get like that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I find it funny how you think people using the dark phoenix mount are scrubs.

You must be one hell of a fun player to play with.

cuevas said:
Eh, now I just see scrubs riding around on the purple 12/12 mount. Lol. At least gladiator mounts will never get like that.

If you're going to rate mounts based on how many people are riding around on them, there are extremely rare ones that require approximately zero skill and all luck to obtain. Almost as obnoxious an outlook as judging status or skill on achievements, titles and how long after their introduction they were obtai...

cuevas said:

...I guess I don't need to even make that point.

TheYanger

burgerdog said:
We tried HM magmaw for the first time today and killed it -- it felt a lot easier than HM maloriak. We are able to kill HM magmaw, maloriak, atramedes, but not chim. Granted, we have only spent 4 hours on it, the amount of RNG is insane. I thought they fixed it so 3rd tank wouldn't go into feuds with break still up?

Maloriak WAS one of the easiest hard modes back when hardmodes were first being done, but it's only barely been nerfed over time, compared to Atramedes, Magmaw, Omnotron, Twins, putting it NOW in the middle of the pack in terms of difficulty. Same for Conclave. Magmaw is a total joke at this point. Chimaeron isn't RNG more than any other fight, if your tanks are going into feuds with breaks up they're fucking up somewhere.

Sebulon3k said:
Well, the guild that I'm currently in is doing progression on Nefarian heroic next week, and I have no doubt that I'll be accepted as a member given how amazing my trial has been going so far, I don't know if I plan on staying once I get my offer though, their a good group of people, I just don't see them being able to plow through something like Nefarian -> Cho'Gall -> Sinestra within 3-5 weeks. I'll see how it goes after this week though.

To be perfectly honest...if you want THAT fast of progression, no, you're not going to get it. No guild that isn't already long done with the tier is going to get bosses that quickly unless they get majorly nerfed. Guilds don't go at a slow pace for 9 hard modes then suddenly play like rockstars for the last few, it just doesn't happen like that for your average guild. H Nef is 'decent' progression at this point, but if you think a couple weeks to go through 3 of the tougher bosses is too long, you're not going to be happy. We were awful this tier and we still easily put in like 400-450 attempts to learn those three in particular (not many on Nef though of course)

Freyjadour said:
If you're going to rate mounts based on how many people are riding around on them, there are extremely rare ones that require approximately zero skill and all luck to obtain. Almost as obnoxious an outlook as judging status or skill on achievements, titles and how long after their introduction they were obtai...

...I guess I don't need to even make that point.

What's wrong with basing the prestiege of a mount or item on the difficulty of obtaining it? That's how mmos and social gaming in general work. Note, rarity is not strictly the only criteria here, people that can appreciate having cool rare mounts can also understand which ones are solely luck based and which are skilled based. That being said, 'looking' cool is how you get asked where you got it by all the newbies, which is frustrating. I get 100x more "WHERE U GET MOUNT" tells about invincible than I do about the black crusader's warhorse, for instance, even though one is a marginal status symbol at best and the other is one of the coolest 'earned' mounts in the game. I judge people by their accomplishments too, everyone does to different extents. /shrug.

Swag

TheYanger said:
To be perfectly honest...if you want THAT fast of progression, no, you're not going to get it. No guild that isn't already long done with the tier is going to get bosses that quickly unless they get majorly nerfed. Guilds don't go at a slow pace for 9 hard modes then suddenly play like rockstars for the last few, it just doesn't happen like that for your average guild. H Nef is 'decent' progression at this point, but if you think a couple weeks to go through 3 of the tougher bosses is too long, you're not going to be happy. We were awful this tier and we still easily put in like 400-450 attempts to learn those three in particular (not many on Nef though of course)
Yeah my expectations were a little unrealistic. I don't really have anything more to contribute to the discussion.

I do however have this http://www.wowwiki.com/People_in_your_Raid

It's amazing how accurate that list is

TheYanger said:
What's wrong with basing the prestiege of a mount or item on the difficulty of obtaining it? That's how mmos and social gaming in general work. Note, rarity is not strictly the only criteria here, people that can appreciate having cool rare mounts can also understand which ones are solely luck based and which are skilled based. That being said, 'looking' cool is how you get asked where you got it by all the newbies, which is frustrating. I get 100x more "WHERE U GET MOUNT" tells about invincible than I do about the black crusader's warhorse, for instance, even though one is a marginal status symbol at best and the other is one of the coolest 'earned' mounts in the game. I judge people by their accomplishments too, everyone does to different extents. /shrug.

To view a player as "accomplished" when they have mounts such as the Black Crusader's Warhorse and many others is not necessarily bad. Neither is feeling good about having a mount that few others have based on your accomplishments. But I'd really hate playing with anyone who had the perspective that someone riding around on an easily obtainable mount is somehow a lesser player than they are.

A lot of the skill related mounts look like ass to me, I'd never ride them. I'm also never going to change my title from Salty, it's just too good. So I guess I'll just be that scrub that rides around on Netherdrakes and Nether Rays with the Salty title on. Because, you know, I like how they look, not because they are the physical manifestation of my e-dick with which to slap everyone across the cheek with.

Goddammit, being a broke college student. I've wanted to resub so badly after my time ran out in March but I have had literally no cash to do so.

Now I hear Blizz is sending 7 free days out to a ton of people and yet I don't get one :/

Bisnic

Maybe because you already have WoW on your Battle.net account? Those 7 days are probably only for people who don't have it already.

Bisnic said:
Maybe because you already have WoW on your Battle.net account? Those 7 days are probably only for people who don't have it already.

Thats what I thought, but several of my friends who were updated to Cata but unsubbed for a few months got them as well.

Askani

I just did my 1000th Battleground last night. Sporting a whopping 30% winning percentage. :/

Win rating sucks but the trade-off, if you can call it that, is that I have less than 2 minutes of wait time when I queue.

I need something else though. More. I want better gear but I can't get to it because I don't (currently) do arena or rated BGs. If I had to choose, it would definitely be rated BGs.

While I love my Guild (very large, level 25, runs new content immediately, friendly, ect), they never do any PvP. Specifically, not even people who just group to do random BGs. I guess I shouldn't have joined a PvE server in the beginning if I wanted to PvP, but I didn't know. Also, all my friends were there and in the guild so I went too. So, I'm torn. I don't want to leave my guild at all, and even if I do I probably won't find a PvP guild on my server. About to start the search for a rated battleground group I can join up with on my server, if one exists. That and weekly BH runs for gear drops.

TheYanger

Freyjadour said:
To view a player as "accomplished" when they have mounts such as the Black Crusader's Warhorse and many others is not necessarily bad. Neither is feeling good about having a mount that few others have based on your accomplishments. But I'd really hate playing with anyone who had the perspective that someone riding around on an easily obtainable mount is somehow a lesser player than they are.

A lot of the skill related mounts look like ass to me, I'd never ride them. I'm also never going to change my title from Salty, it's just too good. So I guess I'll just be that scrub that rides around on Netherdrakes and Nether Rays with the Salty title on. Because, you know, I like how they look, not because they are the physical manifestation of my e-dick with which to slap everyone across the cheek with.

Salty is an epeen title sort of! I run with it, it just sounds better. Conversely, there are no titles I have on my DK that you can't get just by going back and doing trivial content, so to me titles are less prestigious except for a few (which I don't have anyway), Death's Demise etc. That's a title I'd never take off.

Fugu

I've encountered a strange bug while doing a quest. This Malmortis guy was supposed to show me some giant infected trolls, which he did. But he won't stop following me. I've done a BG and a dungeon and every time I get out of the instance, he's right there waiting for me. I logged out, stopped playing for a half hour, and logged back in only to find him standing next to me. Sometimes he kills things while I'm flying around and I'll receive random blurts of experience points.

Here he is coming off of the griffon with me.
vl7jc.jpg

EDIT: So apparently he doesn't actually follow me, he just pops up places (like when I teleport out of an instance or take a flight path).

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
StormyTheRabbit said:
Thats what I thought, but several of my friends who were updated to Cata but unsubbed for a few months got them as well.

Yup. I subbed up right before cata, played till I was 84 and got bored, then let my time run out so I havent been subbed since roughly mid january. Got the 7 day invite the other day and debating if I want to give it a shot again.

Bisnic

Fugu said:
I've encountered a strange bug while doing a quest. This Malmortis guy was supposed to show me some giant infected trolls, which he did. But he won't stop following me. I've done a BG and a dungeon and every time I get out of the instance, he's right there waiting for me. I logged out, stopped playing for a half hour, and logged back in only to find him standing next to me. Sometimes he kills things while I'm flying around and I'll receive random blurts of experience points.

Here he is coming off of the griffon with me.
vl7jc.jpg

EDIT: So apparently he doesn't actually follow me, he just pops up places (like when I teleport out of an instance or take a flight path).

I got a similar bug with my alt in Northrend. You know that early Borean Tundra quest from the druid's camp where you got to escort a baby Mammoth to an adult one? Well he's been following me ever since, even after i completed the quest. Even if i hearth, log out, join an instance or die, he keeps following me. And that baby is huge!

Blizz says no releases in 2011, two in 2012. New Xpac in 2012?

Naw, d3+sc2

edit: "If Blizzard doesn't ship a major title this year, you can expect a minimum of two titles to be released next year."

Tamanon

Banned
The Baby Mammoth finally disappeared from my Warrior about level 79. It was pretty funny running instances and seeing three of us with that damn mammoth.

Swag

TheYanger said:
In a dramatic turn of events, I rallied up 9 other people from the guild to do 10 man heroics, and we killed Cho'Gall and Al'Akir ( Only bosses on the lockout ), can't wait for Sinestra next week!

TheYanger

Sebulon3k said:
In a dramatic turn of events, I rallied up 9 other people from the guild to do 10 man heroics, and we killed Cho'Gall and Al'Akir ( Only bosses on the lockout ), can't wait for Sinestra next week!

Wow very nice! good luck, she's fun. Much easier now too, I could see getting it in just a night or two.

Sebulon3k said:
Unfortunately have to repeat it in 25 man BoT :(

10 man experiences don't often translate well to 25 mans, especially since only half the raid knows exactly what's up.

The social divide between those who completed content on 10 man already and those who didn't have the opportunity can be a little iffy at times if the whole 25 man group wasn't super cohesive in the first place (not saying that's the case with you, but I've had bad experiences a few times.)

Mairu

Sebulon3k said:
Unfortunately have to repeat it in 25 man BoT :(
just keep doing it on 10man anyways, al'akir is ridiculous on 25man heroic (at least it was before the last patch, haven't tried it since) :p

I have no idea what Sinestra is like on 10man, but the fight is nothing other than waiting for the raid members to learn how to run around with slicers now

Dunlop

Wow beat nef this week. He is surprsingly easy. Chog'al was much harder for us

I've learned the biggest problem with a 10 man guild is not the raid mechanics...it's one key person leaving and putting the whole raid schedule out of whack. We have gone through 3 shamans now.

We lost weeks of progression over this as recruiting when you are not in heroics was hell to say the least:

"healer looking for new guild, I am only 1/12 in normal modes but want a guild that is 11/12HM" - and they actually get fucking recruited as ppl are desperate

Top Bottom