• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Swag

Tier 12 Shaman and Warlock sets are out, Warlock set looks awesome as usual, however Shaman set, for the second time I am disappointed.

McNei1y

Sebulon3k said:
Tier 12 Shaman and Warlock sets are out, Warlock set looks awesome as usual, however Shaman set, for the second time I am disappointed.

Warlock looks the best out of all of them but that isn't saying much.

They really suck at making gear.

bjb

Banned
Did Nef for the 2nd time last night with a new pug.

As a Holy Paly, I was responsible for running around with the tank in phase 3, keeping him and myself alive - while dodging fire / kiting adds.

I guess I failed pretty hard, either that or we had bad communication - because we died twice, well he did, and then the group wiped shortly after that.

He kept out ranging me, especially after the crackle, and my heals weren't fast enough to compensate. I figured it would be much easier to do as maybe a resto druid / priest, but needless to say I felt really bad - because for a pug, it was a really good group.

Any tips suggestions for those who had to do that in phase 3?

PatzCU

Sebulon3k said:

I actually think Shaman looks fantastic. The Warlock set is tied with the Priest for being the worst sets. The exact same spider on the head and shoulders? A spider on the head, really? Could they not have perhaps taken some of the creepier aspects of a spider into consideration when making these sets? Like maybe good integration of a spider eyes on the helm. Or doing what they did with (t6?) with the flashing demon wings, except this time with 8 enormous spider legs.

I like the web pattern, but the cartoony spider statue is just a joke.

thatbox

Banned
bjb said:
Did Nef for the 2nd time last night with a new pug.

As a Holy Paly, I was responsible for running around with the tank in phase 3, keeping him and myself alive - while dodging fire / kiting adds.

I guess I failed pretty hard, either that or we had bad communication - because we died twice, well he did, and then the group wiped shortly after that.

He kept out ranging me, especially after the crackle, and my heals weren't fast enough to compensate. I figured it would be much easier to do as maybe a resto druid / priest, but needless to say I felt really bad - because for a pug, it was a really good group.

Any tips suggestions for those who had to do that in phase 3?
I did it last night as a Holy priest after our Disc priest and Holy paladin kept fucking it up. The key is to see what direction the tank is going to take the adds (clockwise/counter-clockwise), and then lead him rather than follow him. Every time HS/WoG are up for casting or hes topped off, you can run forward. If you have to plant and spam long enough that he catches up with you, Holy Wrath to stun all the adds and you can run forward again. You may fall behind, but you shouldn't fall 40 yards behind. Once the adds are down you can run in front of the tank again before they pop back up, and if all else fails you can use Holy Radiance for the expensive sprint.

Obviously also make sure you have runspeed to boots, and with glyphed Divine Protection you have a personal CD for almost every Crackle, depending on your DPS.

Yeaaaah I had something completely different in mind for a "spider themed" warlock set. Darker, better use of webbing than just some textures, and maybe some creepy spider leg stuff going on too. Evoking T5 somewhat! There should be ways to merge the ideas of "fire" and "spiders" without ending up at "clown" =(

Alex

Warlock set is... ok, it's not as bad as tier 11 but they *need* to go back to class themes like BC and lay off of this environmental shit.

Also, the set would look a LOT better if it had a good color palette. Purple, orange and red.... Why can't it just be black and red or something?

Why do they insist on these ridiculous color schemes? Part of the reason the Paladin set is so refreshing to look at is that it's nicely Earth toned. Some of their other shit looks like it's directly designed to appeal to little boys.

When your ideas for good colors match the free power rangers stickers on a box of fruit roll ups, there is a problem.

bjb

Banned
thatbox said:
I did it last night as a Holy priest after our Disc priest and Holy paladin kept fucking it up. The key is to see what direction the tank is going to take the adds (clockwise/counter-clockwise), and then lead him rather than follow him. Every time HS/WoG are up for casting or hes topped off, you can run forward. If you have to plant and spam long enough that he catches up with you, Holy Wrath to stun all the adds and you can run forward again. You may fall behind, but you shouldn't fall 40 yards behind. Once the adds are down you can run in front of the tank again before they pop back up, and if all else fails you can use Holy Radiance for the expensive sprint.

Obviously also make sure you have runspeed to boots, and with glyphed Divine Protection you have a personal CD for almost every Crackle, depending on your DPS.

Good suggestions, Really appreciate the feedback.

Swag

bjb said:

Holy Paladin is by far the best class to heal the kiter tank, because of beacon / Holy Wrath, Close second would be disc priest cause of bubbles / Pain Sup

Miletius

I don't mind the helmet and the Shoulders of the Warlock set so much, it's really the robe. It's very generic looking. Like everybody said, would look nicer with like hairy tarantula arms around it or something more spidery themed.

bjb

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Holy Paladin is by far the best class to heal the kiter tank, because of beacon / Holy Wrath, Close second would be disc priest cause of bubbles / Pain Sup

Maybe I just suck then. I've killed that clown twice, but that was my first time doing it as the kite healer.

Dunlop

thatbox said:

We have 2 healers on the tank. We actually 4 heal the fight (our shadow priest uses his disc OS) and take 2 crackles in phase 2. Makes phase 3 much shorter/easier

thatbox

Banned
bjb said:
Maybe I just suck then. I've killed that clown twice, but that was my first time doing it as the kite healer.
Not necessarily. It's the most technically complex healing role in the fight. It just takes some practice, and a lot still depends on how good your tank is at kiting and resetting them.

Alex

If Nefarian kiting is done right, you should have very little stress on you as the kite healer. That fight is really 90% about the kiting in P3.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I've been leveling a druid the last little bit since I've never taken one past level 30-ish before, and it's been a lot of fun as a cat. I'm in Outlands mostly farming herbs for alchemy, and grinding in the LFG tool. Druid healing isn't really jumping out at me yet, though. I've played a lot as a holy pally and a disc / holy priest, and found those classes a lot more exciting to heal as. By comparison, druid healing seems a lot easier, yet hasn't really grabbed my attention. =/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
A few months ago Satchel of Helpful Goods seemed to give me loot I could use or already had equipped for my current spec. Now I'm only getting strength and agility loot on my Ele/Rest Shaman. Meh.

DeathNote said:
A few months ago Satchel of Helpful Goods seemed to give me loot I could use or already had equipped for my current spec. Now I'm only getting strength and agility loot on my Ele/Rest Shaman. Meh.

Noticing the same, getting int/spirit stuff with my warrior, but never got any strength/agil stuff on my priest before from the satchels.

Mr Nash said:
I've been leveling a druid the last little bit since I've never taken one past level 30-ish before, and it's been a lot of fun as a cat. I'm in Outlands mostly farming herbs for alchemy, and grinding in the LFG tool. Druid healing isn't really jumping out at me yet, though. I've played a lot as a holy pally and a disc / holy priest, and found those classes a lot more exciting to heal as. By comparison, druid healing seems a lot easier, yet hasn't really grabbed my attention. =/

Druid healing is more spur of the moment type casting.
Outside of rolling LB on the tank, you basically just heal whatever needs healing.
Main spells being Wild Growth and Efflorance (Swift Mend talented) since the party/raid healing is pretty large with those.
Though, it really all depends on what role your assigned. Paladins will usually be put on tank healing, leaving the druid as a raid/off healer. I usually choose someone I know is going to be taking a lot of damage (ie an Arms Warrior) and focus them for the fight and see if I can keep them alive.

markot

Banned
Encounter Journal is a great idea, and it looks pretty sweet.

encounterjournal_9.jpg

Hope Crabby stays on as the icon >.<!

It's another one of the features that Blizzard are slowly and methodically adding to the game that have actually existed since day 1 in mod form.

Hexadecimalt said:
It's another one of the features that Blizzard are slowly and methodically adding to the game that have actually existed since day 1 in mod form.

It is really amazing, yeah.
I mean, it took until halfway into WotLK to get Dungeon maps, which have been in the game since Vanilla Beta.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh man, I foresee a huge amount of giant pigtails. I love the new Emognome look, lol

Oh, and a large amount of orc mohawks.

Alex

They're obviously going to remodel for the next expansion, they kind of have to after the things they've said about it and what people will naturally glean from that.

The encounter journal is pretty nifty looking. Hopefully with the information present in game without having to download a mod or look things up elsewhere, pugs might go a bit smoother.

There's definitely still a place for AtlasLoot though if this only covers Cataclysm encounters at the moment.

markot

Banned
Hmmmmmm.... Maybe they will update the old racies in lieu of adding new races to the next xpac?

>.<

I guess that makes the most sense, but I was kinda hoping for it earlier, before the next xpac.

Also, wouldnt it be easy for them to keep the old ones in game, and let people just have the option of using the new ones? To stop the complaining and whatnotses.

TheYanger

They didn't say that, but they did say they would need to have a niche they wanted the class to fulfill, something to make it actually unique. some kind of healer would be my guess, or something that will otherwise make use of different playstyles. I would expect one, maybe not next Xpac but within a couple. Either way, new classes aren't the biggest draw I'm sure, since many players will just stick with their old characters anyway and maybe make a new alt to abandon after a few levels.

I think a melee healer would be an interesting take on things for a new class. But having 11 classes would kind of be odd as it's a prime number. If they added another class, I think they would add two at once. For now, 10 is an even enough number, even though 4 classes pile on one token compared to 3 for the others.

markot

Banned
Also bards dont really fit in warcraft >.< most of the classes at least appear in some form in previous warcraft games.

If anything, im guessing demon hunter in the next burning legion expansion.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I don't see those hair cuts on mmo-champion. What's the source?

Gnome is a mixture of metro-sexual and anime or Final Fantasy.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
markot said:
I thought that they said they had given up on the new class idea after the difficulty with the DK >.<?

I thought that was because DKs were originally billed as a "hero" class, which was a stupid idea from the beginning. Heroes make sense in an RTS, but trying to translate that into an MMO is silly given the inherent strengths a hero would have in a game genre where balance is key. If the DK seriously has scared Blizzard off from introducing new classes, I'll be quite disappointed.

markot

Banned
DeathNote said:
I don't see those hair cuts on mmo-champion. What's the source?

Gnome is a mixture of metro-sexual and anime or Final Fantasy.
mmo champ forums, but I think you can just pop on the ptr to try em out.

Top Bottom