• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well my hunter won the battle for the newbies against my rogue, shes now 44. not only am I super into survival, but I always have BM as a backup if I wanna go ranged, which a rogue cant do, and Im already gonna have a DH and most likely my DK for pure melee anyway.

Sorry Rogue, Outlaw seems cool but not cool enough

Respect

Anyone else kind of feel like we're just picking off where we left off with Mists? Like the game itself pretty much feels like it went straight from MoP to Legion, almost

63908329.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not really sure why Volley doesn't replace mutlishot and apply beastcleave in the 90 talents

For example, imagine a Rogue having to use Fan of Knives will use Blade Flurry

You know, I've tried combat every expansion since vanilla and never once enjoyed it.

But I actually had fun in a bg as outlaw today, I didn't expect it, it's just combat with a gun shoehorned into it and bandits guile removed right? But I had a whale of a time, even RtB's rng funhouse stuff.

Sub was a lot of fun too, I'll miss old shadow dance, but sub is wayhayhayhay too good, literally unkitable, not to mention that healing when in dance/stealth.

Something will have to give, it's got too much, you're literally a god.

But I hate backstab and shadowstrike being different abilties, haaaaaaaaaaate, whatever idiot at blizzard who decided they should both

a) remove the dance bar

AND

b) make them be 2 separate abilities.

Should be slapped in the face. Either or would be fine, but both is incredibly dumb.

Assassination I wasn't really feeling, super bleed damage is fun but without giving up vanish (especially since we don't got prep anymore) for a super rupture I didn't feel like I was that fun and feel a lot more vulnerable than both combat and sub. The loss the dispatch really kills me.

And man, after messing around with transmog on my ptr rogue (femnelf) and now on my live rogue (UD) it really hit me how shit gear looks on undead, they have the best animations but it's so hard to do anything for them transmogwise.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm not really sure why Volley doesn't replace mutlishot and apply beastcleave in the 90 talents

For example, imagine a Rogue having to use Fan of Knives will use Blade Flurry

volley isnt an active ability and it spends your focus.

multishot regenerates your focus. they'd have to have volley regen your focus passively which would probably make it way too strong, even if it was 1/second.

i'd say that it might be an okay skill to get if they designed it as a focus re-generator on a different tier of talents.

Milennia

Legion is just such a large jump in content quality its unreal really.

like ive played the content to death on alpha and beta and even now in pre patch ive played for like 10 hours a day since launch.

I didnt like warlords after about a month, really doubt that will happen this expac after all ive seen already.

Actually enjoy playing my classes, which is pretty rare for me.

ZenaxPure

Anyone else kind of feel like we're just picking off where we left off with Mists? Like the game itself pretty much feels like it went straight from MoP to Legion, almost

I've been basically saying this since forever, like the entire Wrathion storyline in MoP was setting up for the next big Legion invasion... and then we got WoD. I wouldn't have minded so much if they would have handled the story better (for starters it should have been a caverns of time based expansion instead of alternate timeline crap) but that sure didn't happen.

I didnt like warlords after about a month, really doubt that will happen this expac after all ive seen already.

Honestly I've had more fun with what I've played on beta than I did the entirety of WoD. That's not really like some grand hyperbolic statement either, it's just Legion is tapping into things I like personally (dungeon and world content) both of which were just completely ignored in WoD.

I've played enough of beta to know Legion is going to be awesome, the real test will be seeing if they can pump out some patches at a smooth pace.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
volley isnt an active ability and it spends your focus.

multishot regenerates your focus. they'd have to have volley regen your focus passively which would probably make it way too strong, even if it was 1/second.

i'd say that it might be an okay skill to get if they designed it as a focus re-generator on a different tier of talents.

Multi-shot regens focus? You mean through Beastcleave?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Question for beta players. I just found out that zones dont have levels for the first time and just scale to your level. For someone who is borderline OCD and does every quest in every zone the first time through, what is the best aproach to Legion leveling? I hear of you do everything you get to cap in 2 and half - 3 zones. Is it best to maybe just skip a zone entirely and then do that zone at a later time on a alt?

Anyone wanna do ToT? I want the Monk gear

Question for beta players. I just found out that zones dont have levels for the first time and just scale to your level. For someone who is borderline OCD and does every quest in every zone the first time through, what is the best aproach to Legion leveling? I hear of you do everything you get to cap in 2 and half - 3 zones. Is it best to maybe just skip a zone entirely and then do that zone at a later time on a alt?

Yes. It's better to just do 3/4 the entirety along with your class campaign.

cdyhybrid

You need to do all four zones to unlock world quests anyway. Just look up your profession quests and go in the order they send you to zones.

Daniel R

Oh man...looks awesome, but getting the bug mount was one of the worst grinds I've ever done in a game. Absolute hell.

Guys, the rare archeology solves in Legion are on a quest rotation. Every two weeks you will get a quest for one of them so eventually you will get them all. I think this was mentioned in the professions q&a. More info on the wowhead page for the mount http://www.wowhead.com/item=131734/spirit-of-echero#comments

Rhaknar

This.

You can't really skip zones. You must do all 4 to some extent to unlock world quests which you're going to need to do.

Well fuck. I hate doing zones when I hit lvl cap ;_; oh well, Ill live.

I dont even know what world quests are tho. New dailies?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well fuck. I hate doing zones when I hit lvl cap ;_; oh well, Ill live.
Don't think in terms of experience being the only real benefit to quests. There's gold, artifact power, reputation, unlocking areas, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
anyone know if the artifact BM weapon has a different gun sound?

the gun sound change in WoW is probably the worst change the game has EVER had.

Savitar

Getting some crazy stuttering in main cities, I take it there are some ways to prevent this that people have come up with? Never had it before.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
and here's a pro-tip, if you have The Innkeeper's Daughter from Archeology, which acts as a hearthstone, it is now a toy which means you can delete your hearthstone and just use that instead. Freeing up a slot.

Rhaknar

Ah yes, Eastern Plaguelands, home to Cataclysm's biggest contribution to the game.

The Fiona questline, aka the goat questline.

Cant wait to do it tomorow :D

So listening to Preach's comparison on the melee classes in Legion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19YI6xWkYxM

And he rates Ret, Survival, Arms and Rogue in general (all specs) the lowest on the "fun scale". Fun as in would he main this class or spec his main for Legion. Feral, Fury and Havok are all good. The great specs are Enhancement, Windwalker (!), Unholy and Frost are all great in his mind.

He even has a video where he expands on why he rated Retribution the way he did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GdkhxvWy24

Gotta say I agree that Ret isn't all that fun based off of my brief playtime on live so far. Ret's combat rotation in Legion minus the artifact feels like it's been dialed back to a level 30 Ret Paladin. I don't think adding the artifact is going to change much, you just have so few active abilities now, it's kind of boring. It looks pretty flashy but it's boring to play.

davepoobond

Multi-shot regens focus? You mean through Beastcleave?

Mutli-shot regens focus for marks. I didnt realize until now that was a marks-only thing.

but yeah they'd have to re-work volley for marks if it replaced multi-shot, that's why they dont have volley replace a skill.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mutli-shot regens focus for marks. I didnt realize until now that was a marks-only thing.

but yeah they'd have to re-work volley for marks if it replaced multi-shot, that's why they dont have volley replace a skill.

Yeah it costs 30 focus for BM and you have to use it for Beastcleave. I'd rather they have replaced it with something else. Makes it seem like Barrage would be the go-to BM AOE talent.

What are you interested in doing? Maybe there's a Gaffers guild to suit your wants.

the most fun I had when I played was in raids obviously

not necessarily trying to be world or realm first stuff but LFR in Warlords was a quick in and out and kinda done with the dungeon and that was boring

Not a pvp guy but i'd be into a raiding guild

I remember Preach also talking up how 'fun' Demonology is

He also dislikes Survival which I'm enjoying immensely while leveling it. Biggest complaint I have is Aspect of the Cheetah's CD is too high. That said, I don't disagree with him that Retribution is pretty boring right now.

Rhaknar

He also dislikes Survival which I'm enjoying immensely while leveling it. Biggest complaint I have is Aspect of the Cheetah's CD is too high. That said, I don't disagree with him that Retribution is pretty boring right now.

Super enjoying survival myself, it has great flavor and I like how it flows.

I need to get a bird pet tho, somehow I think it fits the idea of a melee hunter. Havent found any good looking ones yet, nor do I really remember any cool looking birds in any of the zones tbh :/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How popular are the Tomes of Illusion? I could make 5-7k by selling the Outlands & Azeroth ones, assuming getting the mats isn't too time consuming.

Strimei

How popular are the Tomes of Illusion? I could make 5-7k by selling the Outlands & Azeroth ones, assuming getting the mats isn't too time consuming.

I tried putting up a few and didn't get any bites. Your mileage may vary due to server. I definitely wasn't alone in putting them up, either, felt like every other enchanter did.

Rhaknar

Gnome and Goblin Hunters can tame robot animals? o_O

Strimei

Gnome and Goblin Hunters can tame robot animals? o_O

Yup, they get the ability automatically. All other hunters can too but they need to ingest some potion or something made by engineers. Not sure if they can make them yet, I think its Legion-material based.

davepoobond

Yeah it costs 30 focus for BM and you have to use it for Beastcleave. I'd rather they have replaced it with something else. Makes it seem like Barrage would be the go-to BM AOE talent.

i think barrage is the stronger skill overall on that tier anyway, just with the hard math.

ampere

It's hard to say. I'm just collecting the mats to make em for myself and not gonna bother selling them

Azzurri

So I've been PvPing with Arcane and Frost and LOL. I'm a sitting duck, even with two blinks and some CC I literally can't do anything with out being CCed to oblivion by melee. With Fire mage it's easier since I can cast almost all my spells on the move with makes it so much more smoother and fair against melees.

I also feel like Frost and Arcane do tickle dmg since everything is hard casted while Fire is not, it's just so much faster with fire and I feel like I'm actually doing dmg and getting killing blows. Arcane and Frost just feel so meh.

Rhaknar

Are there any pre-requisites to go to Tanaan jungle or can I just pop in there when I ding 100? Theres a wolf pet there called Iron Warwolf that looks absolutely fantastic

Edit: also, you peeps said the Demon Hunter intro experience takes them to 101, how will that even work pre-Legion? I guess theyll just stop getting xp at 100 like everyone else but still get the skill rewards from quests (assuming the skills come from quests like Death Knights)?

Peachpies

Are there any pre-requisites to go to Tanaan jungle or can I just pop in there when I ding 100? Theres a wolf pet there called Iron Warwolf that looks absolutely fantastic
you can go there directly at 100 if you want but in order to do the quests you need to have a level 3 garrison and start the shipyard questline

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So.

I'm wondering if at higher levels, a BM Hunter should just make a Bestial Wrath/Kill Command macro with how Bestial Wrath works now.

Bestial Wrath has a 1.5 minute cooldown. But every time you use Dire Beast(on a 10.9 second cooldown at my current gear level) it takes 15 seconds off the Bestial Wrath cooldown. In addition to this, your Wild Call passive has a 35% chance to reset Dire Beast's cooldown.

biaxident

I really like preach's videos, his whole philosophy for choosing a main for an expansion is fun gameplay and what else does it bring to the table. I don't mind survival all that much, but I agree with preach in that they should have went all in on the traps/bombs approach. I think its cool flinging traps and sticky bomb, think it just needs more of that flavor imo.

Also tanked 2 timewalking on my dk, I feel super squishy but the healer said every tank he's healed seems squishy. Is this just tanks need healers alot more or is it wait till 110 and artifact solves a lot of it? Blood artifact does seem to add a crap ton more healing for sure, and makes vampiric blood so insane.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Would have finished my Throne of Thunder achievements for the Pteradactyl mount tonight, but fucking of course 7.0 broke the Lei Shen achievement so I can't get the last conduit I need.

Blizzard gonna fucking Blizzard.

So if I'm understanding the transmog system right, if a cloth BOP item that I haven't learned yet drops while on my hunter, as long as it's not class specific (like a tier item or whatever), it'll be unlocked for my alt mages/warlocks etc?

Top Bottom