• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So if I'm understanding the transmog system right, if a cloth BOP item that I haven't learned yet drops while on my hunter, as long as it's not class specific (like a tier item or whatever), it'll be unlocked for my alt mages/warlocks etc?

No, it has to be looted on the character that can use it. So if your Mage looted it, your warlock could use it because they use the same item types.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Best Hunter transmog from tier 1-11?

Hunter sets are usually pretty bad :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really like preach's videos, his whole philosophy for choosing a main for an expansion is fun gameplay and what else does it bring to the table. I don't mind survival all that much, but I agree with preach in that they should have went all in on the traps/bombs approach. I think its cool flinging traps and sticky bomb, think it just needs more of that flavor imo.
I don't really know where more explosive stuff would have fit into Survival though. Conflag and Explosive Trap are both the premiere AoE tools, they're both fun to use, and they both also regularly fit into single target situations. Only thing that comes to mind is Throwing Axes getting a more impressive visual that's tied to explosives. Part of the goal is to recapture some of the Hunter's melee abilities from Vanilla, and that makes up the core of the spec. The more I played it the happier I was with it thematically. It's a very DoT heavy spec that's built on a mix of bleeds, poisons, and burning explosives that often have a root in the history of Hunter as a class.

Tenebrous

Best Hunter transmog from tier 1-11?

Hunter sets are usually pretty bad :(

Tier 11 (n) with the CM bow. Looks cool on my Troll.

YUmEEIj.jpg

biaxident

I don't really know where more explosive stuff would have fit into Survival though. Conflag and Explosive Trap are both the premiere AoE tools, they're both fun to use, and they both also regularly fit into single target situations. Only thing that comes to mind is Throwing Axes getting a more impressive visual that's tied to explosives. Part of the goal is to recapture some of the Hunter's melee abilities from Vanilla, and that makes up the core of the spec. The more I played it the happier I was with it thematically. It's a very DoT heavy spec that's built on a mix of bleeds, poisons, and burning explosives that often have a root in the history of Hunter as a class.

The 100 talent with the spitting cobra, wasn't that a turret early on in alpha? I think that would have been cool to keep in. I get they wanted to use old vanilla melee abilities for the nostalgia's sake, but thematically it's a little too spread out. They almost got it though, it might just be making the throwing axes throw 3 grenades instead, and turn that spitting cobra into a turret. Heck you could even fix that with a glyph really. Let you choose your hunter theme.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I dont have explosive trap yet, does it fit single target rotation as a dot? I only have lacerate as a dot atm, where are you getting the poison dot from? I didnt see any poison dot in the upcoming spells in later levels

biaxident

I dont have explosive trap yet, does it fit single target rotation as a dot? I only have lacerate as a dot atm, where are you getting the poison dot from? I didnt see any poison dot in the upcoming spells in later levels

Level 90 talent adds serpent sting dot to raptor strike and carve.

Rhaknar

Level 90 talent adds serpent sting dot to raptor strike and carve.

Oh thats pretty nice. I think I focused on the snake summon when I glossed over the last tier because of the flavor. Im all about that flavor fam.

Because im a filthy casual so I dont give a fuck.

Im using the crows dot right now, fight me. A 1min cooldown dot that lasts 15 seconds but its so pretty ;_;

dimb

Only cost to Explosive Trap is the GCD, so using it lets you build energy. When you run Expert Trapper (which is the obvious talent choice) the initial explosion feels much bigger than the DoT.

Doukou

I agree, when I envision a survival hunter I imagine a character who can perform a variety of things rather than a focus on thing. They can McGyver a thing, use poisons, make traps.
Not to mention the spec art is a blood elf in nature, really wouldn't fit the whole machinery theme.
I just wish you could duel-wield(You can but multiple abilities are two-hand lock). I always imagine a meter hunter with two axes, even if a spear also makes a lot of sense.

Rhaknar

Only cost to Explosive Trap is the GCD, so using it lets you build energy. When you run Expert Trapper (which is the obvious talent choice) the initial explosion feels much bigger than the DoT.

Oh its free like mongoose? Nice, I was afraid of having energy problems but its been fine for now, rarely do I have to wait to cast something that is off cd.

Isnt expert trapper the one that reduces the cd tho? Like I said earlier I only glossed over the tiers.

You can do the quests, but you might not want to spend the gold to upgrade to level 3 garrison, unless you want to go for some of those building achievements.

Im just using the resources to buy the xp pots tbh

Milennia

finally have all of my gold and characters on sargeras, only took me waiting until pre patch to transfer a g bank for the gold cap increase =D

Tenebrous

Need an addon for party/raid frames that matches the Diablo UI. Any suggestions?

no pending applicants for my LFR HOF group. I figured there'd be more for the transmog

Probably better off asking in trade. I doubt many people think to look for HoF transmog runs in the group finder tool.

dimb

Oh its free like mongoose? Nice, I was afraid of having energy problems but its been fine for now, rarely do I have to wait to cast something that is off cd.

Isnt expert trapper the one that reduces the cd tho? Like I said earlier I only glossed over the tiers.
Expert Trapper augments all traps, and its bonus to Explosive is to buff the damage of its initial explosion. Improved Traps is the one that lowers the cooldown.

Concept17

So is there no pvp menu or anything in this game, or is it only available at max level? How do you see how many marks of honor you have?

I'm confused on how the pvp system works. Did some BGs, but you get... nothing?
I just came back to the game

Artanisix

So is there no pvp menu or anything in this game, or is it only available at max level? How do you see how many marks of honor you have?

I'm confused on how the pvp system works. Did some BGs, but you get... nothing?
I just came back to the game

you gotta win to get marks of honor

its a boa currency that goes in ur bags

HowZatOZ

Banned
After more testing, ret continues to showcase terrible rotation and is far from what I'd call fun. Opinions and all, but when protection is more fun than your DPS spec and doing more damage then you know it's time to switch. Time to level a monk with the time before legion and boost a druid.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Check it out here: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/diabolicui

I'll post a screeny of my UI once it's finished.

Might actually be able to use that in legion now.

Only have 12 buttons total on my bars, including a spot for artifact ability when I get it.

After more testing, ret continues to showcase terrible rotation and is far from what I'd call fun. Opinions and all, but when protection is more fun than your DPS spec and doing more damage then you know it's time to switch. Time to level a monk with the time before legion and boost a druid.

I'm trying really hard to wait until 110 before I judge my class too much.

But demo warlock casting demonic empowerment after every other cast is fucking annoying. If it plays like this at 110 its garbage.

cdyhybrid

PSA: get into a fishing group now.

New loot system lets everyone loot every Murloc summon guy. You can get a shitload of coins and both turtle mounts pretty fast.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Might actually be able to use that in legion now.

Only have 12 buttons total on my bars, including a spot for artifact ability when I get it.

I'm trying really hard to wait until 110 before I judge my class too much.

But demo warlock casting demonic empowerment after every other cast is fucking annoying. If it plays like this at 110 its garbage.

I know I should wait until 110 before judging Paladin but I just can't see it getting better. Ah well, this will just end my ride of 10 years as Paladin.

hey carbon are you going dps or tank dh? and what do u like about that spec

DPS, though I might rarely have to off-tank. So I haven't tried Vengeance yet on beta, but I've been meaning to - it's supposed to be pretty strong. As for Havoc - it's sort of an amalgamation of abilities from other specs, but probably closest to a warrior in terms of resource generation/spending. The fun thing is lots of mobility and strong burst AoE. Otherwise it might be a little boring compared to some other DPS specs. You can tailor your build with talents to be more interactive, but they're not all competitively balanced at present.

The animations are all extremely flashy (though such is the case for many melee specs now), but the moment-to-moment gameplay for sure won't appeal to everyone, it might even be considered slightly dull since the only baseline proc is the potential fury refund on your main spender.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
450 kills in 4 days kinda ended me.

I adopted a 'don't try to do everything, just do what you want' mentality this expansion when it comes to mounts and achievements and all that. It's why I'm trying not to fuck with alts in Legion. It'll just distract me and I still want to play stuff other than WoW.

Lanrutcon

Got my fishing hat, jeweled fishing rod, bone fishing rod and both turtle mounts in an hour with a fishing raid.

Also made 29 Pat coins.

Got my Survival Hunter to 45 tonight, I've got most of the abilities unlocked at this point and am enjoying the spec immensely. Just gonna shelve my Ret Pali until the invasion event and finish leveling this Hunter to cap. Survival is a lot of fun, just so ridiculously mobile in combat.

Top Bottom