• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got my second legendary for Fury today. It's Naj'entus's Vertebrae - pretty happy with that. The first was the bubble-necklace, which I wasn't thrilled about, though it can be kind of helpful for soloing.

It's really annoying. And on top of the crash, it resets some odd settings in my interface tab (locks action bars and turns off scrolling combat text, for some reason), so every time I crash I have to re-enable those settings. It really fucks with your head! I don't even risk any more, for the most part. I either do class hall stuff via the app or I use whatever hearths are available to get out of there, even if it means going Garrison -> Ashran -> Orgrimmar -> Dalaran. Beats a DC and a Being John Malkovich-esque dump out in the back end of Aszuna....

Oh shit, the other day I was bitching about my sound being completely muted, even shift+S wasn't working, I bet that's what caused that. I was really confused at what had changed settings.

v1perz53

Can confirm that Blizzard fixed fuck all with the Warrior DCing bug. How is this STILL a thing after this long?

I'm sure this is a hard thing to test and fix, since it is pretty difficult to replicate (never once happened to my warrior), but at least I think in the meantime they should add a jump back to Skyhold on that hill where you end up when you d/c, that would help at least a bit, make the bug less punishing when it happens.

Basically all dungeon quests for old dungeons are at the entrance of each dungeon now.
Yeah but for the longest time you could never get the Tides quests until you finished the zone. Glad they finally just made them available. Never touching that zone ever again.

Einchy

RIP my guild?

A while back we got this really good player and through him, a bunch of his friends came into the guild who were REALLY good. I knew one day those people were gonna quit since that shit always happens and turns out that's exactly what's gonna happen.

We might rebuild but our progression is pretty much done for a while, if not for forever.

I'm also not the type to jump ship and join a new guild. Been in this guild for all it's iterations since DS but we've never been a great guild since we always had some dead weight but with that group that joined, we honestly didn't have a single bad player in the group anymore.

Oh well.

Einchy

Guild mergers are always a bad idea

Always

Well, actually, this guild was a guild merger since we server transfered from our dead server to Mal'ganis. So that turned out well.

This was just more of a group of people who knew each other joining one guild, cus a lot of them were either not raiding or left their guild to join ours. Now they're going off and making their own guild.

I knew it was gonna happen since, well, that kinda stuff usually doesn't end up well and these particular group never use the guilds discord and there was a clear disconnect between the guild leadership and them. They're all good people but you could tell they have a different mindset than the other officers.

v1perz53

Well, actually, this guild was a guild merger since we server transfered from our dead server to Mal'ganis. So that turned out well.

This was just more of a group of people who knew each other joining one guild, cus a lot of them were either not raiding or left their guild to join ours. Now they're going off and making their own guild.

I knew it was gonna happen since, well, that kinda stuff usually doesn't end up well and these particular group never use the guilds discord and there was a clear disconnect between the guild leadership and them. They're all good people but you could tell they have a different mindset than the other officers.

Yea, I think any time that your raid team is made up of a group of people who know each other that are >= 20% of the raid, it usually ends up bad in the end (unless of course they are the core forming the main guild). From the time I spent as a guild officer/leader from Vanilla through Cata, always the most iffy times were when we took ~4-5 people that knew each other at once, because inevitably if one became unhappy all would leave, creating a sudden large hole in the roster.

Hope you can keep something going or find some stability, shitty situation.

Fjordson

DK has the best order campaign by far (that I've played). Rogue was pretty good too.

Priest and Shaman were the wooooorst.

Locks were somewhere in the middle but overall it was a fun experience.

Haven't started my mage yet. I played the intro back on the beta and it was pretty cool though.
Agree with this. Love the DK campaign and the order hall is cool.

v1perz53

I know it's probably all fake, but I can't help but get excited again...hahaha, fuck.

There are a few things in there that have already been directly denied by blizzard, one example being the fake leak says Artifacts will be carried over when blizz has said several times that won't be the case. I do always get hyped at the idea of a new expansion though, but personally, I think Northrend is the last place I want to return to (except a full Azjol'Nerub expansion hah) and if Dalaran was the capital city again I would jump (my character) off a cliff. I really can find very little in this fake leak that actually sounds good, so I guess I'm glad its so incredibly fake.

I think if Blizzard were to revamp any older area of the game for the next expansion it would be the 1-60 Vanilla/Cata leveling experience. But rather than just updating old questing zones for low level toons with a few new zones for current content like they did for Cata, they'd have the level scaling and some equivalent of invasions and the world quest system to drive all players around nouveau Azeroth.

v1perz53

Val'sharah is by far my most hated invasion scenario.

Yea, no idea why it is so much worse than all the other ones. It's the only one I do as tank spec, since I can just tank all the garbage that everyone inevitably aggros, and I can survive the top of the tower guy's slash attack and the puddles on the final boss. All the mechanics in that one are so much more punishing than the other invasions, for absolutely no reason.

Nokterian

I love being a tank, had trouble before but bear tank? Fuck most fun i had in this game for ages.

I tried all tanks now..Warrior,DK,DH and tried Monk but overal i prefer druid.

Very weird i was dps only back years ago, seeing how easy it is to do raids or dungeons or even WQ for it makes it up for just being just that.

Tarazet

I love being a tank, had trouble before but bear tank? Fuck most fun i had in this game for ages.

I tried all tanks now..Warrior,DK,DH and tried Monk but overal i prefer druid.

Very weird i was dps only back years ago, seeing how easy it is to do raids or dungeons or even WQ for it makes it up for just being just that.

Strange thing is you look at WOL, and Warriors are the best both for DPS and survivability on average... but only for the top half of parses. I wouldn't think player skill could make that much of a difference, because all of the tanks are pretty simple to play compared to how they were.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

there's a lot wrong there, and "switching between old and new zones" sounds like a pipe dream. sounds like a phasing nightmare. wouldnt it be nice to be stuck in lvl 70 northrend for a few hours when you're trying to level to 120?

lol

if there's a return to Northrend, it will just be "new zones" IMO and maybe world quests unlocked for the old zones once you hit max level layered on top.

Matty8787

Man is Suramar boring as hell.... I am running round just questing and getting rep but man it is a CHORE.... currently ilvl 844 and inbetween that just pugging raids/dungeons and doing some world quests.

Yea, no idea why it is so much worse than all the other ones. It's the only one I do as tank spec, since I can just tank all the garbage that everyone inevitably aggros, and I can survive the top of the tower guy's slash attack and the puddles on the final boss. All the mechanics in that one are so much more punishing than the other invasions, for absolutely no reason.

The Val'sharah invasion is worse because no one wants to clear the trash in the second phase. I swear that section would go faster if people just played it 'properly'.

Everyone tries to make a bee line for the crystals to lower the shield on the tower entrance, draws an absurdly huge mob train into the tower, often up to the boss, die repeatedly and fail at corpse running back. I can't count the number of times I've been trapped in that second phase of that instance with people who repeatedly fail, to the point where clearing the mobs would have been faster. The opposite of min/max'ing occurs almost every single time. It's brutal.

Was doing the invasion on my mage and the scenario wouldn't pop. Made the mistake of logging out.

Going by the schedule that might be the only one I can do this week. At least I got the WQs finished so it counts for the emmi.

Kintaco

What an absurd post, "Old revamped zones redesigned with flying in mind" yeah this was always the case in Northrend. Also Blizz has said that Artifact weapons wouldn't carry over. Why would old Northrend need to scale to 120, it would just be in the past in terms of gameplay like it is now. And what is the point of making DKs start at 108 now? Why would old Northrend have world quests? There is more BS but I don't want to go through it all.

Prydaz in the mail on my Brewmaster,

FACK. Wanted the OP chest.

XHVR8st.jpg

Einchy

Whelp, those guys ended up leaving the guild. I guess no mythic Gul'dan kill and most likely no more raiding.

Guess the way I understand it is that our shitty offtank got permabanned, and then he got unbanned so he was going to come raid again, and the other groups thought that it was shitty to allow him back since he was cheating and got banned to begin with. Also, he was shitty so it was a good opportunity to replace him but the officers didn't want to do that to him since he has been in the guild since ToT.

We had a damn good group, too. Been with the guild since DS and it was never this good and our progression was never this quick. Damn shame that it all went to shit because of a ban.

iirate

The Val'sharah invasion is worse because no one wants to clear the trash in the second phase. I swear that section would go faster if people just played it 'properly'.

Everyone tries to make a bee line for the crystals to lower the shield on the tower entrance, draws an absurdly huge mob train into the tower, often up to the boss, die repeatedly and fail at corpse running back. I can't count the number of times I've been trapped in that second phase of that instance with people who repeatedly fail, to the point where clearing the mobs would have been faster. The opposite of min/max'ing occurs almost every single time. It's brutal.

I can kill everything at the top on my brewmaster and always tell my group to ignore the train. They often don't anyways, oh well.

Prydaz in the mail on my Brewmaster,

FACK. Wanted the OP chest.

The chest is going to be way less OP in 7.2.5. Right now, I want Prydaz more(I have ring, helm, and trinket).

I can kill everything at the top on my brewmaster and always tell my group to ignore the train. They often don't anyways, oh well.

I often get placed in pure dps queues where there is no tank and no one seems to have any ability to ditch aggro. I use Greater Invisibility and just sort of have to wait for the other to eventually make it to the top of the tower.

gotoadgo

Whelp, those guys ended up leaving the guild. I guess no mythic Gul'dan kill and most likely no more raiding.

Guess the way I understand it is that our shitty offtank got permabanned, and then he got unbanned so he was going to come raid again, and the other groups thought that it was shitty to allow him back since he was cheating and got banned to begin with. Also, he was shitty so it was a good opportunity to replace him but the officers didn't want to do that to him since he has been in the guild since ToT.

We had a damn good group, too. Been with the guild since DS and it was never this good and our progression was never this quick. Damn shame that it all went to shit because of a ban.

As mentioned before. it's always a double edged sword taking a group of friends in to your guild. I stopped playing, but my wife continued to play with our guild while they took in 5 very good players.I told her that it would end poorly for the guild, and that they would inevitably leave, crippling any raiding they were doing at the time. Sure enough, shit hit the fan one night and one by one they left the guild...

Einchy

Yeah, I think I'm just going to stop playing the game all together. I was only getting on now to raid and do WQs, which I fucking hate, and now that the raiding team is dead, I don't see any reason why I would log on.

Robin64

Today's epic storyline continuation quest is "Intolerable Infestation", which tasks you with slaying 100 demons in Faronaar or Felsoul Hold.

Acidote

Yeah, I think I'm just going to stop playing the game all together. I was only getting on now to raid and do WQs, which I fucking hate, and now that the raiding team is dead, I don't see any reason why I would log on.

After more than a decade of enjoying the game, I will abandon it with a bittersweet taste. I really like and enjoy the game, but the AP/WQ/M+ grind that I think is required for Mythic raiding has burned me out. I'm trying to end this expansion on a high note before saying goodbye to World of Warcraft.
The game has grown beyond me, or I've grown beyond the game, but I can't justify dedicating so much time to it doing stuff I hate to be able to raid the way I want.

It is and has been a nice ride. But it is time.

mclem

Just had a great TF from a WQ: +45 ilvls.

I thought 40 was the max, but I guess I was wrong.

The max isn't a thing relative to the base iLvl; the max is a fixed value currently defined - IIRC - as equivalent to Mythic Nighthold gear +15.

What the base iLvl does is affect how hard it is to *get* to that level; it's much easier for an 890 to get to 905 than it is for an 860 to do so, so you were still hugely fortunate!

I don't think I'll ever get those drakes from Malygos. RNG hates me. I've done it 5x on 4 alts and got shit. It's so frustrating that every mount in-game is so impossibly hard to get.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got my first Prydaz last night. #blessed

hot damn i love when a party member rages out of a group then i get spam whispered to kill myself because my dps wasn't up to snuff with people of a higher ilvl than me. don't think i want to use my keystone on a group finder anymore

Robin64

So now I'm Exalted with Armies of Legionfall, I've unlocked.. uhh...

Uhm..

The right to buy their tabard for 10,000 Nethershards I guess?

carlsojo

Second try on Brutallus on my main... second time with no loot D:
Feelsbadman.

Maggie Masterson holding on as the Nether Disruptor is getting firebombed by demons to give me one last seal. You go girl.

Got a legendary champion equipment from a random champion loot crate. Feelsgoodman!

So now I'm Exalted with Armies of Legionfall, I've unlocked.. uhh...

Uhm..

The right to buy their tabard for 10,000 Nethershards I guess?

Don't forget the toy for 25k shards!

Top Bottom