• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wu-Tang Clan to sell only one copy of their latest album

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Does anyone pay millions of dollars for art they haven't seen, or in this case, heard?

I don't think anyone who's considering to pay that kind of money for music is concerned with the cost of anything. It's not about the art in this case. It's about just being that person who did/can.

eISq5uD.jpg

FStop7

Banned
I really, really could have done without having read RZA's real name. I'd never seen it before and it just kind of deflated the Wu Tang mystique for me a little bit.

PBY

Banned
Re: Kanye comments-

this is kind of the opposite of Ye. Ye left Nike because they would supply constrain the Yeezy's, apparently Adidas is letting him make more accessible shoes.

/stan.

I like the idea behind it. I mean, its not like they made OB4CL II and made only one copy. This was a secret album nobody even knew they were cooking up. Just charge it to the game as being just like unreleased tracks you never knew existed from your favorite artist. Cause they do exist.

Would love to see silent listening parties tour the nation with the box on display in a nice venue/lounge and you get to hear the album. I don't have a problem with it.

is this on vinyl? How big is that case?
If I spend a couple million on music it better be vinyl, if there is a thumb drive in there with MP3s I would rage lol.

Dilli666

Meh, I've seen more creative limited editions like this one ;-)
metal-archives.com said:
Vinyl version released by Sombre Records in 100 hand-numbered copies. Every copy with an uneven number contains two seconds of the song "A Black Metal Song just for Black Metal Maniacs", which could progressively combined together to the full song.

usually this kind of stunt would seem like a cover for bad music, but 8 diagrams is their best album so i'm curious to see what is going on in this one.

sphinx

the piano man
people asking whether this will suck or not... isn't it going on tour with people being able to hear it??

the album will receive plenty of critic before it's bought by anyone.

hughesta

Banned
Why are people making fun of Kanye West in a thread about the Wu Tang Clan

This is certainly an interesting idea, and in really curious to see what happens with it.

Didn't I just read a huge Grantland article about how frustrated RZA was because they couldn't get everyone back together and they weren't all still on speaking terms? Sounds like this album's gonna be kind of fraudulent.

Everybody read this Grantland article on the Wu from yesterday, it's awesome to see how they refer to each other after all the vitriol from decades past. Good stuff.

One of the most entertaining and truly saddening things I've read, at the same time. I love the Wu and just the little things they say throughout the interview are fascinating/hilarious, but then there's a side that is just depressing.

I guess I can't understand how anyone could leave millions of dollars on the table due to petty disputes. These guys could start a world tour right now and sell out every show, and play on nearly every continent. But they won't due to...what exactly. Jealousy, distrust...jeez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom