• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wu Tang: The Saga Continues debuts October 13th #ProtectYaNeck

Ghostfaces last couple of albums have been dope too, sour soul was fire. Excited to see what he does with the next wu album hes supposed to be working on.
Agreed.

I'm saying, that RZA helmed 5 year run of clan and solo albums will never be matched. Period. 36 chambers, first round of solos, into Forever, it's something else.

There's been some bright moments in the shit heap through the recent years as well.

Just keep RZA off the boards nowadays. Someone post that RZA Youtube beat making video please.

Haven't heard a Wu joint since The W. If this new shit is at least half as good as 36 chambers, I'll be happy.

Now if only Bone thugs would come back as a full group.

8 Diagrams had some good tracks, no pitch4rk

A Better Tomorrow had some okay tracks too.

For real though, I don't think there will ever be a better run of albums for any artist or group, in any genre ever compared to

36 Chambers
Tical
Return to the 36 chambers
Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Ironman

Phew, who's fuckin with that?

The Dungeon Family beats them.

III-V

For real though, I don't think there will ever be a better run of albums for any artist or group, in any genre ever compared to

36 Chambers
Tical
Return to the 36 chambers
Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Ironman

Phew, who's fuckin with that?

great list. as raw as 36 chambers was and as catchy as MM's Tical, the albums that were the greatest for me were Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords. Like that technical style I guess.

gogosox82

Please let the rest of the album be as good as that single.

I'm buying, even if to me even Wu-Tang Forever wasn't that good, should have been single-side.

Ironman
Liquid Swords
Only Built For Cuban Linx
The Pillage
Return to 36 Chambers

All solo albums that to me outdid any other albums the group released after Enter the Wu-Tang. Times have changed, people changed, places have changed, you can't really outdo that.

Ironman still the best rap album ever to me tho.

Idk about Ironman being better than Liquid Swords. Maybe Only Built for Cuban Linx. Maybe.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'd only be interested if the record was exclusively produced by 4th Disciple.

This shit's gonna be booty juice.

IrishNinja

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (1994)
Soul Food (1995)
ATLiens (1996)
Aquemini (1998)
Still Standing (1998)
Stankonia (2000)
Even in Darkness (2001)
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below(2003)

aw see i thought we were doing just a small bracket of years/first solo runs, cause that's what that list is. of course if you go all the way up like that dungeon has mad quality

oh man just realized i never listened to Even in Darkness, gotta fix that soon!

I love it too. But I think for me to talk about what a legendary run it was, Dog Shit kinda ruins it lmao.

It was a double album, a couple of stinkers or filler don't ruin a classic album like that.

aw see i thought we were doing just a small bracket of years/first solo runs, cause that's what that list is. of course if you go all the way up like that dungeon has mad quality

oh man just realized i never listened to Even in Darkness, gotta fix that soon!

Even in Darkness is so good, yet rarely talked about. I can't wait till you hear it.

SoulClap

I think I'd like the beat for "People Say" a lot more if ALC didn't flip the same sample better five years ago in "Modern Day Revelations".

KingV

I'm not sure on the new song. It really, really reminds me of the W (which is an ok, but not amazing album).

IMO there was just a point after forever where the Wu stopped working together in the studio. People were recording there verses on separate coasts or on separate days and it just never came together as cohesively as the run between 36 chambers and Wu Tang Forever.

The only members you can trust to always bring the heat in the group efforts are method man and Gma. It's kind of a shame Meth never quite put together a great solo album. I feel like the talent is there but the production and direction never came out right. Tical was really great against all odds, since it was basically recorded on tour.

Production on the Redman single reminds me a lot of the tracks on Iron Flag, kind of like a cleaner version of the classic Wu grime. A Better Tomorrow also had this kind of vibe, but it just didn't work that well. The new song is way more in the right direction. I'll give this a chance for sure, always there for Wu-Tang.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
lukecagemethodgif.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Please let the rest of the album be as good as that single.

Idk about Ironman being better than Liquid Swords. Maybe Only Built for Cuban Linx. Maybe.

Liquid Swords would be equal, but it's dark. Used to play it all the time back when it released. It's certainly up there, but Ironman is one I can listen to more often.

gogosox82

Liquid Swords would be equal, but it's dark. Used to play it all the time back when it released. It's certainly up there, but Ironman is one I can listen to more often.

Fair enough.

I'm going to have to give it a relisten but I've always preferred Supreme Clientele to Ironman. IMO, Supreme Clientele > Only Built 4 Cuban Linx > Ironman.

Supreme Clientele is a great album but Liquid Swords is one my favorite albums ever so I always give that album the benefit of the doubt. Franly, all of these alblums are great. That 5 year run they had will never be topped imo. So many great group and solo albums.

Nah man

Liquid Swords > Linx

Not that Linx isn't a timeless Classic, to me Swords is better though

you're one of those....

It's always those guys who Take Swords over Linx.

My argument is, Swords has a few weak songs whereas Linx does not.

I will say this though...Swords truly defines winter. Linx is to Summer what Swords is to Winter.

IrishNinja

you're one of those....

It's always those guys who Take Swords over Linx.

My argument is, Swords has a few weak songs whereas Linx does not.

I will say this though...Swords truly defines winter. Linx is to Summer what Swords is to Winter.

okay, what songs on liquid were weak?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
okay, what songs on liquid were weak?

If I gotta pick, I'd say Swordsmen. But then I gotta knock Wisdom Body as weak too, on that scale.

Honestly though, it's okay to prefer one album over another, without having to knock one down a peg to justify it.

Ghostface Killah been dropping some great albums lately, he can carry a track or two.

That's about the height my expectations will reach.

Album is good shit, brehs.

On the track featuring Sean Price at the moment, bittersweet.

Can't complain about anything thus far.

I hate to sound like a hating "old head" but this is what I consider Hiphop.... Great Lyricism, superb beats..... No mumble rapping or autotuned melodic flows can be found on here and I love it.

Is there a special edition of this, or are stores going to have specific versions of this album. I plan on picking it up tomorrow at Best Buy.

JEKKI

excited for this!

Better Tomorrow wasn't a disappointment, it was a straight up objectively terrible album. It made 8 Diagrams sound like a classic record.

I'm hoping this is the type of record that you can take and be like "see RZA, making a good wu album ain't so hard!!"

shit, Masta Killa just did it. His new record is awesome!

IrishNinja

waiting till my shift ends tomorrow night, then i'm eatin
wonder how long till a vinyl release?

Ghostface and Sean Price on a track together. How did this not happen sooner?

yeah, this collabo was so long overdue, just glad we're finally getting it - rest in power, P!

It's a fine album but not all members are at their best, far from it really sadly. Method Man is great of course but Ghostface for example doesn't really do it for me on this. Plus it's a 18 track album, however only 10 are tracks of which Hood go bang is under two minutes. Just a damn shame and I don't get those kind of decisions. Let at least have Redman have a verse too.

The rest are basically skits, which is a waste. So without a doubt better than A Better Tomorrow in terms of sound and everything but a few things slightly drag it down for me. I also would have loved to have at least one track with all members on it.

Top Bottom