• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wu Tang: The Saga Continues debuts October 13th #ProtectYaNeck

KingV

Been listening to this, and it’s a weird ass album so far.

Why is every song one Wu member and then either red man or some dude that never had an album go wood before?

It’s almlst like a collection of B-sides for nonexistent solo albums or something

Been listening to this, and it’s a weird ass album so far.

Why is every song one Wu member and then either red man or some dude that never had an album go wood before?

It’s almlst like a collection of B-sides for nonexistent solo albums or something

Yeah I find it a strange album as well. Exactly what you said, there isn't even ONE song where all of them are present. Several songs actually have multiple features and I believe just one Wu member. A shame really. Also isn't U-God at all on this?

I hope someday we get to hear that cd Shkeeli bought. I really wonder what it sounds like and if it has all members on there. All of this reminds me a bit of two years ago. Went to their show in Utrecht, Holland and key members like GZA and Method Man weren't even there. Boy what a let down that was.

KingV

Yeah I find it a strange album as well. Exactly what you said, there isn't even ONE song where all of them are present. Several songs actually have multiple features and I believe just one Wu member. A shame really. Also isn't U-God at all on this?

I hope someday we get to hear that cd Shkeeli bought. I really wonder what it sounds like and if it has all members on there. All of this reminds me a bit of two years ago. Went to their show in Utrecht, Holland and key members like GZA and Method Man weren't even there. Boy what a let down that was.

U-God is too busy promoting his Bodak Yellow remix (Wu Dak yellow).

I’m also surprised Cappadonna is not on the shit more. His verse was super phoned in though.

Rza was also pretty MIA. I’m not sure if he had a verse that wasn’t part of a skit. That skit where he’s rapping about being a southern baptist was whack as hell, but I think that was supposed to be a joke the way it cuts out the verse 20 seconds in.

I feel like they should have called this Wu tang Killa Beez. I don’t exactly think it’s “bad”, but it’s completely unremarkable, and vaguely feels like false advertising. The thing is, in the modern day and age it’s nothing to have members show up on different days to record a verse. I don’t know why they didn’t do that instead of what made it on the album.

It’s too bad because the production is not terrible and Rae, Gza, and Meth sound pretty good (if unremarkable). Red man sounds alright and was making some dated references. I thought it was 1996 when he said something about having big ears like Martin.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is GZA on this? I know RZA someone or some were not on it due to "politics".

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
First listen but really like the album so far

Favourites
Lesson learnd
If time is money
Frozen
Pearl harbor
Why why why
G'd up
My only one

Doesnt feel like a wu album though since half the members only appear on like 1 track each, bit still enjoy whats here but they should have given more espcially since these beats are dope. Alot of skits though, but thankfully they arnt stuck to the front of the tracks.

This shit is fucking great. I think it might be in my top 5 of the year for Hip-hop. So right now I'm sitting at:

1. The Past Is Always Present in the Future & CIRCA91
2. Rose Azura Njano
3. It's Nice Outside
4. Laila's Wisdom
5. The Saga Continues

Still waiting on Kamaiyah.

Listen...I'm a Wu head from back in the day, but...sometimes you need to just leave something alone. Just caught the Fallon appearance, these guys don't have the same energy that they once did. RZA looking half-hearted out there...

mr2xxx

Banned
Gave the album a quick listen and I'm left disappointed. Where is the energy/aggression that Wu-Tang is known for? The production is too mellow for this group.

noquarter

Sort of liking the album, but really think it should just be a Mathematics album since only a couple songs actually feature more than one Wu Tang member.

I do really like the opening though, using the Shaw brothers opening like that is pretty good and RZA is alright on it. Method Man does sound good on this as well.

JEKKI

I can't tell who's who on the cover of this album...

like the dude in the front is ODB?

and there's another one that's green?

Did they forget to include someone on the cover??

I need to finish watching this... but I just bought this jacket!

05-3_1024x1024.jpg

Lol, for some reason I thought this thread was about the recent documentary on Shotime about WTC... but anyway, you should watch it too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom