• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Backlash 2017 |OT| This PPV Brought To You By India

In NXT Gable was the one with charisma tho. He got the team over essentially aping Kurt Angle's goofball gimmick and did so pretty well.

He had a dumb gimmick that could only be described as "NXT over". Dude has a lame look IMO. Jordan has found himself as the athletic guy and has the look and moves

The roster is stacked to the point that I dont see Gable making it on his own. But AA can probably get a go on Raw. It just feels like they are bound to break up

Unlike Cass and enzo, because they both suck without the other

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why would you shit on Kurt like that?

Babyface Kurt was a cowboy hat wearing, bad song singing, tiny bike riding, milk truck driving, comedy genius.

AA have no character at all.

But that was their gimmick in NXT, earnest athletic goofballs a la Kurt Angle

Baron's voice doesn't match his gimmick

His gimmick doesn't match his true persona

image.jpg

He had a dumb gimmick that could only be described as "NXT over". Dude has a lame look IMO. Jordan has found himself as the athletic guy and has the look and moves

The roster is stacked to the point that I dont see Gable making it on his own. But AA can probably get a go on Raw. It just feels like they are bound to break up

Unlike Cass and enzo, because they both suck without the other

"NXT over" with an act at the main event level like AA was is a myth. No one gets that over off of just a gimmick crowd. Maybe small lower gimmicks like Rose, but not main event guys.

People said the same thing about Breeze when he came up, and lo and behold now that he's getting a chance to work his character and do it right, he's getting over.

AA have suffered because of how awfully booked the SD tag division was for so long. They could get over the same way as they did on NXT on the main roster.

Rhyno and Slater getting so over probably fucked the tag divisions booking prettt bad.

"NXT over" with an act at the main event level like AA was is a myth. No one gets that over off of just a gimmick crowd. Maybe small lower gimmicks like Rose, but not main event guys.

People said the same thing about Breeze when he came up, and lo and behold now that he's getting a chance to work his character and do it right, he's getting over.

I think Gable is reliant on Jordan, but Jordan can break out on his own. At which point Gable will struggle against a hugely competitive roster

cordy

Banned
Does this dude Corbin got a bald spot on the back of his head too? My dude, let that shit go bruh. It's A-OK. You'll probably be scarier bald. Let. That. Shit. Go.

Oersted

RUSSIAN TEAM?!?!?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO USAUSAUSAUSA

Russia occupied a territorium, is having a backstage war with the owner (who happens to be an ally) of said territorium, killed journalists, hunts homosexuals, supports a dictator, directly interfered in American elections and therefore you really, desperatly want to become friends with them.

So no boo.

Pikma

Banned
AA have suffered because of how awfully booked the SD tag division was for so long. They could get over the same way as they did on NXT on the main roster.

Rhyno and Slater getting so over probably fucked the tag divisions booking prettt bad.
Ryder's injury was more than likely what fucked up the plans so much because they simply didn't have a replacement for them so ended up sending AA out to die.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Kurts gimmick was a delusional goody twoshoes

Totally different gimmick

I disagree as Chad Gable was trying to pass of his catch phrase to inspire Jordan with the same earnest zeal that Angle did with the three is. We're not going to agree so debating it is a waste of time.

I think Gable is reliant on Jordan, but Jordan can break out on his own. At which point Gable will struggle against a hugely competitive roster

It's a shame that being a tag team wrestler doesn't have the same weight to it as it used to way back in the day.
A lot of guys in the WWE currently are great but would struggle to get over by themselves, alas WWE tag team division isn't much more than another part of the midcard purgatory when in an ideal world tag team champs would be up there with the world champs.

cordy

Banned
Corbin with that "my son accidentally cut my hair while I was sleeping and I just found out 10 minutes ago" look.

Top Bottom