• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
There's 2-3 people that are salty about this outcome. Everyone else knew that this would be the most probable outcome. Stop trying to extract salt out of a block of ice.

strobogo

Banned
I get it from a story point of view, but man, that really was a downer to what was an amazing match and moment.

Still, two WWE MOTYC on the same show hasn't happened in a LONG time. And Cena lost 100% clean. To Daniel Bryan. That's amazing.

Enfinit

Guys. Let's not forget.

CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
sbR17.jpg

ZeroRay

Even with Orton winning, that must be the first time in forever Cena lost clean to someone that wasn't The Rock. And with a Puro finisher to boot.

Yep everyone is getting their wish with that finish:

- Orton can finally be heel like he wanted to
- The McMahon storyline will be interesting leading to Wrestlemania
- Bryan is now more over than ever

mrboo001

Banned
Getting my salt out of the way... in the end, I agree with Aii. That and Randy has really impressed me this past year so I'm behind a RKO title regin.

Besides, how many people can say they be Cena clean?

Bryan got a clean win over John Cena.

How many clean wins over John Cena can you name?

Stop saying that, it wasn't a clean win.

Beating Cena just gives him the right to face Cena in a real match. Then we'll see if he wins clean or not. He won't.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yep everyone is getting their wish with that finish:

- Orton can finally be heel like he wanted to
- The McMahon storyline will be interesting leading to Wrestlemania
- Bryan is now more over than ever

Agreed. This was a great way to end this angle. Bryan wins clean over Cena, Orton turns heel, just perfect.

Stop saying that, it wasn't a clean win.

Beating Cena just gives him the right to face Cena in a real match. Then we'll see if he wins clean or not. He won't.

Don't get it. How was it not a clean win?

Paracelsus

If someone asked me of a more boring wrestler than Cena, I'd immediately say Orton, then HHH.

These are the top three guys in the company at the moment surrounding the WWE title.

Guys. Let's not forget.

CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.

That's irrelevant, and won't be the focus of anything.

UberTag

look at the big picture.

Bryan/HHH feud. Bryan wins.
Doubt that very much. Punk never won his feud against Trips.
And D.Brine just sold the pedigree like it killed him. Randy didn't even need to hit an RKO "from out of nowhere".
More like D.Brine jobs to Trips for a couple months until Kevin Nash gets brought back to make wrestling cool again.

Bryan wins the RR.
Bryan wins title at WM.

BOLIEVE.
We'll see about that. At least the last Triple H trial by fire resulted in a 400+ day CM Punk title reign.

Also, that was a very unexpected finish for Bryan/Cena.

Would have loved a Sweet Chin Music, since they played up HBK as his mentor. Bryan needs a KO finisher of some kind.

I'm assuming the logic here is that HHH doesn't take shit from indie nobodys and that they need to respect the company?

So, Bryan vs. HHH w/ Nash, right?

Thorakai

Daniel Bryan is main event. All this does is set up his first title feud, the company is obviously behind the guy if he legit beat Cena clean with a damn kick.

There's 2-3 people that are salty about this outcome. Everyone else knew that this would be the most probable outcome. Stop trying to extract salt out of a block of ice.

I'm fine with Orton cashing in and winning, I get that direction. What I don't like is mixing in HHH and the McMahon drama garbage that will follow.

Toki767

Getting my salt out of the way... in the end, I agree with Aii. That and Randy has really impressed me this past year so I'm behind a RKO title regin.

Besides, how many people can say they be Cena clean?
Since Cena won his first WWE title the only times he lost clean with no interference was against HBK, Rock, and now Bryan so that is definitely a short list.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Glad they finally decided to give Orton a third (fourth?) chance.

He's a great heel and a mega over face needs a great heel at the top of the card.

How can people be mad at this? Everyone was predicting this would happen ever since Orton got the case because it makes total sense. Not only that, but Bryan beat Cena cleaner than anyone has in the past three years.

The ending was so good. I never expect them to have Bryan go over Cena clean, even Punk only won when Cena won through outside distractions. This sets up Bryan for a Wrestlemania main event, it can be against Orton or Cena. Nothing to be salty over for this result.

On top of that thank fuck that HHH is going heel, his shitty babysitting face disposition has been ruining main event faces since Punks title run.

Not a great PPV as a whole but Punk/Lesner and Bryan/Cena were MOTY candidates.

I mean it's what everyone expected

So not shocked

Really just surprised at the crowd's lack of reaction to Orton/Triple H

Why are you surprised? Triple H struggled to get much of a reaction when he went on an unprecedented heel run with the title. He's a poor worker, a boring worker and horribly stilted in the promo department. He's a charisma black-hole, albeit one who apparently has Lemmy from Motorhead on speed-dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom