• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miz is fucking horrible

W105JUi.gif

Menome

Not to pull-a-bean-breath, but it's pretty interesting how people immediately assume a woman got popped when the outcome isn't what they want.

Will they say the same thing about AJ tonight if he loses?

It's because the betting odds went suspiciously from strongly in Sasha's favour until yesterday, when they suddenly went to Charlotte winning.

Combined with the "10 wrestlers suspended overall" rumour, there's a couple of dots that aren't being too unreasonably connected.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm surprised at the Crews hate. I think he's fine.

He needs character and was called up way too soon. Great athlete and should be fine with experience. Also remember that Smarkgaf would hate Steamboat in his prime because he didn't have a ton of personality either.

I think that match actually did more for the Miz than Crews. The IC belt should always be the main event gateway title, or have a decent heel carry it to make it mean something like Honky and Perfect.

Listen, you can't rail against WWE's womens wrestling for overly relying on rollup pins and not running ropes convincingly and then criticize them when they address those issues and more.

This is what you all wanted and now you're asking them to regress back to safe Divas® wrestling. It's disrespectful, just keep those comments to yourselves.
I have to assume you're at least partially trolling but

The women (particularly on PPVs) have been intentionally trying to work way harder than anyone else to steal the show and cement their position. It leads to awesome matches but the nonstop spot-after-spot full speed matches lead to some sloppy shit. It's not a big deal until you have people falling on their necks nearly every single time

Listen, you can't rail against WWE's womens wrestling for overly relying on rollup pins and not running ropes convincingly and then criticize them when they address those issues and more.

This is what you all wanted and now you're asking them to regress back to safe Divas® wrestling. It's disrespectful, just keep those comments to yourselves.

Yes because there's nothing between properly running the ropes and failing at dangerous spots that aren't even over. Please show me the dozens of posts were begging for the WWE to allow allow anyone, man or woman, the freedom to do spots they obviously can't control.

Still digesting that Banks/Charlotte match.

Botch was scary as shit obviously and I'm still not 100% convinced that Sasha wasn't dealing with some sort of injury after that. If not, working the back angle was pretty genius, especially with Charlotte's retaliatory moves.

I think that so many people (including Will Ospreay) were legitimately worried about the shit they were doing may mean that they just raised the bar for women's wrestling. There still seems to be some barrier where people are more concerned about women's wellness while wrestling and if Sasha/Charlotte just challenged that then good for them? IDK yet.

I thought the ending was great. Banks got the belt with the bank's statement, Charlotte countered it to get the belt back. That's A OK in my books.

Zabka

Not to pull-a-bean-breath, but it's pretty interesting how people immediately assume a woman got popped when the outcome isn't what they want.

Will they say the same thing about AJ tonight if he loses?

AJ's situation is very different from Sasha's. Sasha won the title on TV and hasn't even had a successful PPV defense. It's weird.

Is there a gif of the Sasha botch spot? I missed the first part of the women's match as I was out getting some delicious Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's because the betting odds went suspiciously from strongly in Sasha's favour until yesterday, when they suddenly went to Charlotte winning.

Combined with the "10 wrestlers suspended overall" rumour, there's a couple of dots that aren't being too unreasonably connected.
This isn't a rumor it's just something gaffers made up

Is there a gif of the Sasha botch spot? I missed the first part of the women's match as I was out getting some delicious Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner.

Ninja Scooter, have you heard about the Dolph Ziggler as Col. Sanders / Miz as a chicken commercial they shot after SmackDown Live?

Toki767

In keeping with tradition, it only makes sense for Cena to win and then disappear for a while.

That's the way WWE operates. Beat the guy that's going to be around every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom