• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 + Laptop ICS

Mash

I'm trying to help a friend out with hooking his 360 up to the net, he's basically had enough of draping a wire across his living room and he says he can't afford a router. I've got a 360 wireless adapter he can use. Is it possible for me to set one of his laptops up so that the laptop is connected via ethernet and the Xbox connects via wireless ICS? I'm pretty sure I can but the Google results are being a bit vague.

Mash

That's right yeah. I'm pretty sure he can leave his laptop hooked up by ethernet and I have the official wreless adapter and everything.

Mash said:
That's right yeah. I'm pretty sure he can leave his laptop hooked up by ethernet and I have the official wreless adapter and everything.

1. Go to Control Panel - Network Connections, then select the method through which he connects to the internet.
2. Right click, Properties and select the Advanced Tab. Check the box that says "allow other computers to connect through this computer's internet connection"
3. Click Apply.
4. Put ethernet from xbox 360 to the laptop, boot up 360 and it should connect you to Live.

Top Bottom