• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox all you need for streaming , only $79

jorgejjvr

Xbox Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max with Robot White Core Wireless Controller Bundle + Free Month of Game Pass for New Members https://a.co/d/htX3Y59
uHLwsTh.png

Mownoc

Xbox cloud gaming quality is the worst of any game streaming service. Garbage bitrate

You need a cheap entry point to gaming? Find a preowned series S. With a bit of looking you'll get one for under £150 in the UK.

MS desperately need to improve their cloud gaming tech.

Last edited:

Raven117

Once they figure out how to get their cloud gaming working better, this would be a good deal for folks.

It's amazing their pushing this while the cloud streaming is still in beta and the cloud GamePass doesn't even have all the GamePass games.
Even this offering doesn't have quality control. Not asking for much here . . . just have all the games, and no queueing from a beta cloud.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Xbox cloud streaming's input lag is actually preeeettty darn good - it's the G'awful bitrate that kills it...
Tried it on my XSX on my4K TV....nope
Tried it on my 15inch laptop...it's somewhat acceptable but, still nope due to the visible macro blocking.

The only device I found it.to be acceptable was on my phone's 6.4inch screen.

Switching to XSX blades would have supposedly improved things but, that wasn't my experience at all unfortunately.

They still have a long way to go

Last edited:

splattered

Strangely enough if you look at the IGN article comments on FB there a bunch of people seemingly excited about this and say it's a great idea. Maybe it will sell a little after all? Not for me though.

Jaybe

Digital Foundry had a segment on the Xbox + Fire TV stick streaming on their DF Direct Weekly show.

DF are often Xbox shills but even they couldn't recommend that solution because of the poor image quality.

Yeah they trash it pretty bad. Basically tell people to buy a Series S instead.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Xbox cloud streaming's input lag is actually preeeettty darn good - it's the G'awful bitrate that kills it...
Tried it on my XSX on my4K TV....nope
Tried it on my 15inch laptop...it's somewhat acceptable but, still nope due to the visible macro blocking.

The only device I found it.to be acceptable was on my phone's 6.4inch screen.

Switching to XSX blades would have supposedly improved things but, that wasn't my experience at all unfortunately.

They still have a long way to go

and yet, it seems to be the most popular way to play Xbox games, based just on the Xbox Reddit alone. I really don’t understand this new generation. A Series S is cheap enough to warrant picking one up if you want to play GamePass titles…

Skifi28

One month of gamepass is nothing, this is the real cost. The deal should have come with 6 months for it to be attractive when compared to something like a used series S.

Am I the one who totally distrusts the quality of XBOX products?
Compared to who?

Everyone manufactures everything in China and outsources production to Foxconn. Apple, Nintendo, Sony included. Build qualities among console makers really doesn’t vary like it did 20+ years ago.

Last edited:
Seems alright for a new official controller & 4K Fire Stick, but the 1 month of included Ultimate only being for new subscribers gave me a chuckle.

Top Bottom