• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass users given choice for Black Ops 6 Vault Edition for $30

Beechos

Wait so if your GP sub ever lapses you lose access to the base game, thus to the upgrade you paid for?

Jenna Ortega Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast
You will lose access to the dlc you paid for because you don't have access/own the base game. You still have the license for the dlc though. When that happens the base game is prob old already and can be bought at a discount digitally or physically for cheap.

The two main reasons that come to mind were that it the tweet specifically mentioned xbox game pass
Well, pc game pass is just a plan of xbox game pass, the others being core, standard and ultimate; xbox game pass doesn't mean "console".

but the blackcell cosmetics sucked through MWII and III.
how dare you GIF

What is Vault edition, only extra skins?
Extra skins for operators, extra blueprints for guns and a season of black cell, which cost 30 by itself

Three

Seems there is one perk not talked about, while you get Black Ops 6 with Gamepass they are giving users the choice to upgrade to the Vault Edition for $30

Think we might see this for more “ultimate editions” upgrades with GP games?

Seems like a good deal if you go all in on COD?

It's only a good deal if you go all in on Gamepass not if you go all in on COD like so many people do. You're better off buying the game if you're all in on COD. This is just trying to lure you into buying $30 MTX for a game you don't own so that you have to continously pay $20 per month to play the game and become all in on gamepass. If you're all in on gamepass already and interested in COD mtx then it aint bad. The cost of buying the vault edition version is $30 more anyway so you're not even getting a deal on it. It's just giving the option to do the same for those who don't buy the game but are on gamepass.

Last edited:

NickFire

Not really any sort of deal if I’m being honest, Vault is basically first season pass with Blackcell. They probably add skins at launch like prior years.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not really any sort of deal if I’m being honest, Vault is basically first season pass with Blackcell. They probably add skins at launch like prior years.
The only things you really gain buying the VE upgrade for $30 vs just buying Blackcell when it arrives for $30 is skins at launch plus a couple of weapon blueprints that are nice to have to start with but after the first few days everyone is caught up with those weapons anyhow.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The biggest draw to the vault edition to me is including the first season pass as the black cell
a bunch of dumb useless bullshit
Well, pc game pass is just a plan of xbox game pass, the others being core, standard and ultimate; xbox game pass doesn't mean "console".

how dare you GIF

Extra skins for operators, extra blueprints for guns and a season of black cell, which cost 30 by itself
Thanks will pass, currently enjoying multiplayer for MW3 (due to GamePass of course), but I am not paying for shit I don't care of

Mattyp

Gold Member
Wasn't the whole point of GP to have the full game available, not minus the DLC stuff they finished developing even before the thing launched?
What? Of course you get the full game. Or you can choose to buy cosmetic bullshit that exists in every game as an extra if you want that’s all Vault is.

NickFire

I usually buy the VE because I play COD pretty heavily first few months but later seasons are usually hit or miss for me depending on the final skin and I start getting burnt out
I usually buy but I’m just gonna wait to see season 1 content first this time before deciding on Blackwell or reg battle pass. I’m a skins whore in that game and will be buying skins that other people think are dumb for sure. So I’m not in a race to get season 1 Blackcell. I’ll probably be onto new skins before the season even ends.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What happens if you have the vault edition on gamepass and then play it on playstation? Are unlocks cross platform?
Unlocks are cross platform except the COD points, whatever platform you claim those on thats where they stay

That said you have to buy the game again on Playstation if you want to play it there

In reverse though if you buy the VE on Playstation you can obviously play it "free" via Gamepass on Xbox and still retain everything

What happens if you have the vault edition on gamepass and then play it on playstation? Are unlocks cross platform?
paid content is never cross platform, the cosmetics you unlock on the battle pass will, since they will be tied to your account and not the platform, however the cp you unlock on the battle pass and the 1100cp that comes with the vault edition will also be locked to the platform; however anything you purchase with that cp will be once again tied to your account, so those things will then cross over.

Danknugz

Thanks will pass, currently enjoying multiplayer for MW3 (due to GamePass of course), but I am not paying for shit I don't care of
it took me like 3 weeks until i finally figured out that whole battle pass thing with the grid and the squares, i had like 40 battle points or whatever saved up and spent it to unlock the stg last season which didn't have to pay for which i guess was fine but then this season i wasted time unlocking some stupid skin only to find out it's for an "operator" i need to purchase separately l, it's crazy how complicated this crap is and especially when you consider they probably have a whole separate team dedicated just to the menus and all the psychology behind how to get people to spend more money on skins and other micro transactions, i literally just want to play some cod now and then but it really puts into perspective how much time a lot of people spend in this game.

for me, "battle pass" always just meant when you paid for a season pass and for all the dlc in one thing, like they used to do with battlefield. this shit with CoD it's like playing barbie's with the cod characters it's really bizarre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom