• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is served

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
hehe, sony learned which is probably why the pstwo has a one year warenty. Meanwhile MS is still being an ass and charging people insane amount to fix xboxes over the phone.

Having been twice a victim of the cursed Thomson drive, I'm actually very happy about this. I hope this guy wins.

Disc drive makers need to get their act togheter. These things should last for at least 10 years, not 6 months. Got that, Thomson??

SKluck

Banned
I'd like the $30 I spent on another drive and $50,000 for emotional trauma, plz.

Getting up from my comfy chair 20 times in 2 hours for DDEs was awful, I need compensation.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I risk being flayed alive for speaking common sense, but...

Surely these things you buy in the US come with warranties? If something breaks down during that period, it is fixed at the companies cost. If it breaks down afterwards, its your cost.

How difficult is that to understand?

If you are pissed at only having a 90-day warranty, don't buy the machine. Or buy an extended warranty. Or demand reasonable consumer protection from your government.

Seriously. The manufacturers are just playing the game of least effort for your money.

In Europe we have 12 month warranties required by law, and I think they are moving to 2 year warranties on certain consumer electronics.

That just means that we'll get all the 'A' stock, and you'll get the ones that are slightly bruised.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I agree, dont get me wrong, it sucks that drives in xboxs break down, but thats the nature of electronics, it breaks. You shouldnt be able to sue a company because your 2 year old piece of equipment has broken down.

AniHawk

Ghost said:
I agree, dont get me wrong, it sucks that drives in xboxs break down, but thats the nature of electronics, it breaks. You shouldnt be able to sue a company because your 2 year old piece of equipment has broken down.

I dunno. My Atari 7800 is 20 years old and still works fine.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I dunno. My Atari 7800 is 20 years old and still works fine."

if that should cease to be the case, then i hear there is a good lawyer who can fix those atari bastards for you....

AniHawk

DCharlie said:
"I dunno. My Atari 7800 is 20 years old and still works fine."

if that should cease to be the case, then i hear there is a good lawyer who can fix those atari bastards for you....

Well maybe if the system broke down in the 1980s, I would.

Yusaku

mrklaw said:
How difficult is that to understand?

The lawsuit is valid, 90 day warrantee or not. It could be proven that Mircrosoft violated the implied warrantee of merchantability, that these Xboxes were not fit to be sold.

Screenboy

Does anyone have that video where some kids get a Gamecube and smash the funk out of it with a hammer, then tie to the back of a car and drag it along the road for about a mile then load up Mario Sunshine on it?

NINTENDO SHOWS HOW ITS DONE.

-SB

goodcow

Screenboy said:
Does anyone have that video where some kids get a Gamecube and smash the funk out of it with a hammer, then tie to the back of a car and drag it along the road for about a mile then load up Mario Sunshine on it?

NINTENDO SHOWS HOW ITS DONE.

-SB

You could probably do that to the Saturn as well.

Anyone also notice that Nintendo offers a 1-year warranty on its hardware, compared to 3 months for MS and Sony? Now THAT's confidence in your hardware!

Ecrofirt

DVDComparison.jpg

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Samsung, oh please.

My DVD player is a Samsung it was a great price and is awesome quality for what I paid!!

Ton of features which aren’t normally seen on a DVD player at that price e.g. region free!

Top Bottom