• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Activity for week of Jan 25th, now with Top 20s!

DuckRacer

Point and laugh if old

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/02/03/live-activity-for-week-of-jan-25th.aspx
Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Modern Warfare 2
2 Halo 3
3 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Demo
4 Call of Duty: WaW
5 FIFA 10
6 Mass Effect 2
7 Call of Duty 4
8 GTA IV (Purchase the full game for direct download )
9 Left 4 Dead 2
10 Madden NFL 10 (Download the demo)
11 Assassin's Creed II
12 Gears of War 2
13 Forza Motorsport 3 (Download the demo)
14 Borderlands
15 Halo 3: ODST
16 Mass Effect
17 Trials HD
18 NBA 2K10
19 NHL 10
20 Rock Band 2

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)
1 Portal: Still Alive
2 Trials HD
3 Castle Crashers
4 Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
5 Battlefield 1943
6 Worms 2: Armageddon
7 Serious Sam HD: TFE
8 UNO
9 Hasbro Family Game Night **
10 Marvel vs. Capcom 2
11 Magic: The Gathering
12 Madden NFL Arcade
13 Peggle
14 Shadow Complex
15 Zombie Apocalypse
16 Pinball FX
17 KrissX
18 A Kingdom for Keflings
19 'Splosion Man
20 Marble Blast Ultra

The above arcade list is based on full versions purchased.
**Combined sales of all Hasbro Family Game Night titles

Top Indie Games (Full Versions purchased)
1 Avatar Drop
2 I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1
3 The Impossible Game
4 Head Shot 2
5 Soul
6 Miner Dig Deep
7 Glide
8 Avatar Alarm Clock
9 Mind Warp
10 KGB Episode One
11 Avatar Golf
12 Avatar Run
13 Beat Hazard
14 Physics Lab
15 ZP2K9
16 Avatar Aquarium
17 Inside Lacrosse's CL2010
18 RC-AirSim
19 Dont B Nervous Talking 2 Girls
20 Solar

Original Xbox Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Halo 2
2 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
3 Counter-Strike
4 Splinter Cell Chaos
5 Fable
6 Conker: Live Reloaded
7 Star Wars: Battlefront
8 Doom 3
9 SW: KOTOR
10 SW: Republic Commando

Wow at the position for the demo of BC2. It looks like to me that BC2 will pull an at least recognizable portion away from MW2's player base (and rightfully so).

Good to see Mass Effect get a big bump in the run up to ME2. I know I was playing it, trying to get my level 60 Shepard ready to take into ME2, now it seems like the level of your previous character doesn't really matter... Oh well, I never made it anyway. 200,000 XP points between level 59 and level 60 means I probably will never do it now, maybe in a few years.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is the most played fighter, eh?

mYm|17|

ravien56 said:
It's just weird how a old game like Mass Effect got more plays than Bayonetta, a new release title.

Well ME2 did just come out and I guess people either wanted to catch up on it in preparation for ME2 or wanted to get their characters to level 60

I played the hell outta ME1 the past few weeks leading up to ME2

Why did Portal suddenly jump up?

And awesome now that we get top 20 for all of the 360 lists. Trials HD is just crazy.

_dementia said:
whoa, mass effect 1?

Everyone on my friend list was playing it up until the release of ME2, probably to get a good characfter to carry over and refresh the story. I just started playing again last night.

Also, Forza 3 > Borderlands, which has sold quite a bit on 360 and came out around the same time.

GhaleonEB

Nice to have the top 20's, there's some interesting stuff down there.

Also:

6 Miner Dig Deep

Play this game, people. Best one dollar I've ever spent on gaming.

Lunchbox

Banned
ravien56 said:
It's just weird how a old game like Mass Effect got more plays than Bayonetta, a new release title.

a heavily marketed sequel was coming out, alot of people went back and started playing it. i was doing it, so was quite a few people on my list

while alot of people outside of forums dont even know what bayonetta is

FrankT

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Why did Portal suddenly jump up?

And awesome now that we get top 20 for all of the 360 lists. Trials HD is just crazy.

Everyone on my friend list was playing it up until the release of ME2, probably to get a good characfter to carry over and refresh the story. I just started playing again last night.

Also, Forza 3 > Borderlands, which has sold quite a bit on 360 and came out around the same time.

800 point sale iirc.

Tomasooie

Gowans007 said:
YES!!!!!

Major Nelson listens :D :D : D

So much more useul info now.

Yeah, pretty cool of him to do this.

Nice to see that Rock Band 2 has probably always been up around there.

ravien56

SailorDaravon said:
Uh, how was Portal above Trials HD in arcade, but then Trials HD made the main top 20 and Portal didn't?
I think the arcade list is based on sales on that week but overall, Trials HD was played way more on live than portal.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Psychotext said:
I loaded it up because ME2 didn't seem to recognise my old save. I doubt I'm the only one.

Nope, I had to do it too.

Arnie

Good to see it is now a top 20 list, making it actually useful.

It makes me giggle how Fifa 10 manages to consistently outperform Madden, with all those handball fans in the US, and the 360 being a very NA centric console, you would expect Madden and Fifa to be in reverse positions. Perhaps it is just that Football translates into a better videogame, I'm not sure.

Impressed by Battlefield demo position, every bone in my body wants it to topple MW2 in March, it is such a better game in my eyes.

ShogunX

Karram said:
Finally they made a top 20 list. But why are People still playing WaW ?

Probably because its a better game that the shit pile that is MW2. Who doesn't love Nazi Zombies?

Struct09

Yay for top 20!

SailorDaravon said:
Uh, how was Portal above Trials HD in arcade, but then Trials HD made the main top 20 and Portal didn't?

The XBLA list is based on sales, where as the played list is based on UU's

Portal sold more last week (it was on sale)

Trials HD was played more last week

Struct09 said:
Yay for top 20!

The XBLA list is based on sales, where as the played list is based on UU's

Portal sold more last week (it was on sale)

Trials HD was played more last week

THankyou for clearing that up I was under the impression

Retail
Arcade
indie ???

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wonder if Forza has been dangling just outside top 10 since launch? All this time and we never even knew! :lol

Now we have a top 20, though, we need to see if we can get a Games on Demand list...

Magni

cjelly said:
I wonder if Forza has been dangling just outside top 10 since launch? All this time and we never even knew! :lol

Now we have a top 20, though, we need to see if we can get a Games on Demand list...

What would also be cool would be numbers, not just ranks. Don't think it'll happen though =(

Arnie said:
It makes me giggle how Fifa 10 manages to consistently outperform Madden, with all those handball fans in the US, and the 360 being a very NA centric console, you would expect Madden and Fifa to be in reverse positions. Perhaps it is just that Football translates into a better videogame, I'm not sure.

You say that like Fifa isn't wildly popular among the exact same demographic Madden is in US.

Anyways: MARBLE BLAST ULTRA WHOOO

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Modern Warfare 2 continues it's dominance.

The only thing that has a chance at topping it is the Halo Reach beta (and that's a MAYBE, certainly not a guarantee)

cjelly said:

FYI Microsoft: Two things are keeping me from buying more Games on Demand: 1. the $30 games and 2. the ever-shrinking space on my 120GB HDD.

Plus, you guys seriously need to get these games in on the "Gold deal of the week."

Arnie

Son of Godzilla said:
You say that like Fifa isn't wildly popular among the exact same demographic Madden is in US.

Anyways: MARBLE BLAST ULTRA WHOOO
Well yes I imagine they target similar demographics in NA, that doesn't mean one doesn't vastly outsell the other.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Keavy_Rain said:
FYI Microsoft: Two things are keeping me from buying more Games on Demand: 1. the $30 games and 2. the ever-shrinking space on my 120GB HDD.

Plus, you guys seriously need to get these games in on the "Gold deal of the week."
Yeah, adding Games on Demand to the Deals of the Week would be pretty nice.

I'd also like them to put up the Game of the Year (complete :D ) versions where applicable. No idea why stuff like Mass Effect, Oblivion and Midnight Club are the regular releases, while the Platinum Hits/Classics editions on disc (which is what MS base their pricing on) are the GOTY/Complete versions with all DLC included.

My wish is that Bad Company takes out MW2, it probably won't happen but it would be so great to see a true modern warfare experience take out a fake one. :)

cjelly said:
Yeah, adding Games on Demand to the Deals of the Week would be pretty nice.

I'd also like them to put up the Game of the Year (complete :D ) versions where applicable. No idea why stuff like Mass Effect, Oblivion and Midnight Club are the regular releases, while the Platinum Hits/Classics editions on disc (which is what MS base their pricing on) are the GOTY/Complete versions with all DLC included.
Oblivion regular edition for $30 was a dealkiller for me, as you can easily find the GOTY edition with Shivering Isles/Knights of the Nine for $20.

If there's a GOTY edition in-stores, the Games on Demand should either be the GOTY or come with redeemable codes for the DLC.

Top Bottom