• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 10 dead IPs you would like to see a new game from

1. TimeSplitters (my number 1 pick by far)
2. Ape Escape
3. Syphon Filter
4. Freedom Fighters
5. Crackdown
6. Infamous
7. Punch Out
8. Vigilante 8
9. Burnout
10. Titanfall/Destiny 3

Last edited:

Generic

Syphon Filter
Jax & Daxter
Little Big Planet
Katamari
Dead Space (4)
Co-op Resident Evil
Megaman X
Classic God of War
Darkstalkers
Maximo
Ninja Gaiden
Ultima Online
Timesplitters
Castlevania
Senran Kagura
Natural Selection

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Wow ten is a lot to think about man, but I have a few I guess:

1. A proper SimCity. That one we got in 2013 or so was OK once they patched it up, but it never really felt genuine to me. I'd like a sequel that immediately screams "SImCity!" right from the get go

2. I wouldn't mind a new Infamous set in a time where Delsin Row and Abigail Walker are older and have a family and shit goes down again, so the main character is a being helped by them. I think that would rock

3. I'd like an Uncharted where the daughter is now an adult and has to go on an adventure with her parents. I know, very "new Indiana Jones movies" vibes. But I think Naughty Dog could totally do it and make it enjoyable

Goalus

Heretic/Hexen
Phantasy Star
Kameo
SiN (I think Nightdive are working on a remaster?)
Sin & Punishment
Golden Axe (I am longing for a high-quality sequel in 3D like Fighting Force, a console release of The Revenge of Death Adder would also be nice)
The Chaos Engine
Ecstatica (terrific game, I also remember being terrified playing it)
OIP.ozFLINWzr-PgHvA4b7us_QAAAA

Last edited:

Dorago

Rygar - Arcade, NES, or the PS2 game
Ultima - the middle ones
Ken Griffy Jr. Baseball
Area 51
Golden Axe Death Adder's Revenge
Final Fight

SHA

I can't unthink of them like that, it's hard, like the giant muscular tree you see in old Pokémon games.

Boralf

Heretic
Eternal Darkness
Jazz Jackrabbit
1080 Avalanche
F-Zero
Starcraft
Conker's Bad Fur Day

Last edited:
Concord.

Most amount of enjoyment from a game for 0 dollars. Easily. It brought so, so many people joy and happiness and laughter to those who would have never otherwise (and then didn't) buy it. It also brought people together in their collective agreement that this is indeed the most crystal clear failure in video game history.

And maybe with Concord 2/Remake, try not to be as conservative. Really explore the space of alternative lifestyles and outsider and untrained art in character design. Really go out there. Make fatter characters. Surprise the audience. Your reward will be something money cannot (and will not) buy.

I firmly believe a hypothetical Concord 2 will be the Godfather 2 of this series. Somehow exceeding on an already unforgettable performance.

As far as my personal favorite series that are dead. Dear god, please leave them dead. Do not put your filthy hands on them to bastardize those classics in your efforts to appeal to "the modern audience".

Sometimes dead is better. Especially when we have to rely on AAA companies in 2024.

Last edited:

CashPrizes

Castlevania
Chrono Trigger
Bushido Blade
Vandal Hearts
Kill Zone
Phantasy Star (single player story driven)
Landstalker / Alundra
Final Fantasy Tactics
Left 4 Dead
Panzer Dragoon (proper sequel not a remake)

Edit: Just read everyone else's lists. Shout outs to MotorStorm, Dragon Force.
I don't think we need a new Half Life, or at the very least I am willing to wait another 20 years until they have a good reason/way to revolutionize the FPS genre.
Skies of Arcadia is a good one and done. I don't need more exploration of that world or characters.
I was excited for that Shining Force mobile game that got cancelled, only because the art looked so good. But I would rather have a new FFTactics or Vandal Hearts.

Last edited:

Knot3D

1. Splinter Cell. The chances of the remake are looking bad with Ubisoft in such a dire situation now.
2. The Getaway. I think this has the potential to grow as a live action TV show IP.
3. Virtua Fighter. Embrace the VF1 low-poly aesthetic and RTX enhance it like Minecraft did.
4. Creature Shock.
5. Castle Adventure (MS DOS 1984).

Kasane89

Neo Member
Most of the games i would like a new entry of i actually dont want a new game. Why? Because the current political climate is just ruining everything.

2 examples i really dont want to a new Blazblue (look at Strive) or a new Ar Tonelico (see how even the Steam Release of Ciel Nosurge got censored) in 2024. The full erasure of fanservice which is literally part of the identity of japanese media, the acceptance of family friendly safe horny crap and is now infesting Gust too. After Ryza people are now clinging to "but but dem legs! and armpits!" in Yumia. Sorry, but theres nothing risque about that. Its safe and is lame. All the suggestive shots will be outside of the game via merchandise etc, but ingame will be fully sanitized. And the designs could be out of a chinese gacha like Honkai, past games have it also beat in the cutesy department. We deserve better. Western but also chinese influence on Japan sucks.

Sorry that i was ranting, just ignore my post. while i dont want to start a discussion about this, ig i just had to get it off my chest. Wish you all a wonderful day.

Inspector Q

Lunar
Suikoden
FF Tactics
Shining Force
Dragon Force

Just to be transparent, these are the 5 that immediately came to mind. The rest I need to actually think about, lol

Vandal Hearts
Heroes of the Storm (why is this dead again?)
No One Lives Forever
Virtua Fighter
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Top Bottom