• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox live no more :(

StRaNgE

Banned
i was playing this morning with no issues.

this evening i went to sign in and could not.

after trouble shooting i got the Error message saying the software or hardware was modified.

prob is though that it was an original disk and i have not changed a thing since i signed up for xbox live.

i do have a switch yet it's always off "ALWAYS"

it's never been an issue and have no clue why now it might be 6 plus months later.

any feedback or ideas?

thanx

Brannon

---"Where is XBox Live? Is it up? Is it.. alright?"

***"I'm afraid that in your modding, you have banished it"

---"But... I was just on it....!...."

NO.jpg

(If not in good humor you may force choke me)

StRaNgE

Banned
humor is good but would be nice to know if somehow there is a way to figure out why or how it stopped working after 6 + months though.

Brannon

Well from what I understand Microsoft is always trying to find out how standard XBoxes differ from modded ones, and that maybe on that day they sent out an update that detected something off-kilter in yours.

In short, you just got struck with really really bad luck and may have to buy another XBox (or get a fresh eeprom (I think)).

The good news is, aside from Geico, you have a modded XBox and XBoxConnect for your online gaming needs.

StRaNgE

Banned
how do you get a fresh eeprom ?

so you guys think it might be possible even with a switch off it still somehow noticed?

i guess worse case, i get a second xbox and can then play TV to tv in my house.
be nice if the had a redesigned smaller one or a colored one coming out or some kind fo bundle to take advantage of.

Top Bottom